FedEx Sucks big time [RANT RANT RANT]
Dec 20, 2003 at 3:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Todd R

Headphoneus Supremus
Man, I am sooooooo pissed right now.
my new HR-2 amp is cruising around in a truck around here somewhere and I can't get it.

DO NOT EVER USE FED EX HOME DELIVERY SERVICE.

My amp was SUPPOSED TO have been delivered here Tuesday!

I can't seem to get these morons to deliver my package!
mad.gif

Apparently there is a Fed Ex Express, which can find my house.

There is also a Fed Ex Ground which has also been able to find my house........ twice this week.

There is also a Fed Ex Home which can't seem to get here for some reason.

The first day the web page claimed the address was bad. I called them and they read the address back to me, so it was NOT wrong. I gave them directions to my house and confirmed the address once again.

Second day it didn't show, but I was assured that it would be delivered the next day (the web page said bad address once again)
They also claimed they were putting a trace on the package and they would call me the next day.

Never got a call.

Third day it didn't show. I called and got the location of the hub where it was. I drove down to the hub and demanded my package.

They looked for it but it was with the Home delivery people and they were all gone (supposedly delivering stuff)

Day 4 6:00 AM I got the number, and called the supervisor of the Home delivery section. She assured me the package would be delivered today and she was going to give it to a driver that lived in my town who knew where my house was. She also told me that if it came down to it, she would deliver it to me herself today. I asked her what was I supposed to do if it didn't come today. She said it WILL be delivered.

Well It's 10:30, the package is now 4 days late and I have been lied to once again.

I am going down to show up at the hub bright and early tomorrow morning and get my amp before the drivers leave.

If you hear about me on the news tomorrow you'll know I didn't get my amp.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Dec 20, 2003 at 4:36 AM Post #2 of 22
Quote:

If you hear about me on the news tomorrow you'll know I didn't get my amp.

I feel your pain. I've had WAY too many issues with all of the shipping companies, including FedEX.
mad.gif

Dec 20, 2003 at 5:59 AM Post #4 of 22
if you have a porch I'd check it. FedEx Home some times leaves the packages somewhere on your property if no one is home (and sometimes when there is someone home).

I was waiting for a package, and by some strange twist of fate (intuition) I decided to check outside my porch. And there it was at 2 AM.

If you live in an apartment, check with management.

The problem is not FedEx, it's the home delivery part - the driver is probably using his own car to deliver packages.

I hope you live in an honest neighbourhood.

Dec 20, 2003 at 6:14 AM Post #5 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
What a nightmare! I hope you get you package.

Same experiences here (though not quite as bad). FedEx 2nd day air takes almost a week to get to Hawaii. For the price we pay to ship stuff overseas, it better come in at least 3 days.

UPS usually ships my stuff in 4 days or less. Really good stuff...

Dec 20, 2003 at 6:25 AM Post #6 of 22
Did anyone else think of Tuberoller when they saw the title of this thread?

Todd,

Sorry about the FedEx botch job. I have had two mighmare dealings recently, radrd can vouch for one of them, and I am FedUp more than anything. I especially don't like being lied to by someone instead of having them just admit they don't know what's going on, or the package is not in their possession. Just fess up and apologize instead of lying to a customer for Pete's sake.

Dec 20, 2003 at 6:36 AM Post #7 of 22
I hear ya.....FedEx Home delivery does suck. Everytime something ships with them I have nothing but problems.

Dec 20, 2003 at 6:49 AM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

radrd can vouch for one of them

Yeah, we had a bad one. I'd say it was the second worse shipping problem that I've ever had. Luckily though, everything worked out okay in the end.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 20, 2003 at 7:02 AM Post #9 of 22
hum...weird..
in my area FedEx is a lot better then UPS, packages from FedEx were either on-time or early

Dec 20, 2003 at 7:09 AM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by radrd
Yeah, we had a bad one. I'd say it was the second worse shipping problem that I've ever had. Luckily though, everything worked out okay in the end.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, now the balanced Nites are located, but due to delays with the people I sent them with they got sent out two days ago when they were supposed to be sent more than three weeks ago. Man, talk about a nail biter. Having two sets of ICs disappear on you ain't fun.

Dec 20, 2003 at 9:25 AM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
I especially don't like being lied to by someone instead of having them just admit they don't know what's going on, or the package is not in their possession. Just fess up and apologize instead of lying to a customer for Pete's sake.

THANK YOU!
I'm normally a pretty easy going guy, but nothing pushes my buttons more than getting lied to. I'm not in dire need of a headphone amp right now, it's the lies that bother me.

I haven't been this pissed off in years
eek.gif

Dec 20, 2003 at 1:03 PM Post #12 of 22
So, I get up at 5:45 and drive down to the Fed Ex hub this morning.

I go in and ask for the supervisor, and they have my box sitting right there.

They present me with the guilty driver who begins to explain that he "forgot" to deliver my package yesterday.
The excuse for it not being delivered earlier in the week is they had it marked for the wrong route.

After a bit of ass chewing from me, I take my box and leave.

I get home, hook it up, and...................

Are you ready?

It's dead!
I get a light but no sound.
mad.gif

ARRRRRRRRRGH!

Dec 21, 2003 at 5:30 AM Post #14 of 22
Man, what a bummer deal Todd. Sorry to hear you had all those problems and a bad amp on top of all that.

Not to sound insulting, but contact Ray Samuels before doing anything else. He will know what could possibly come loose, and give some advice on what to try. He knows best how to proceed, and his advice is far superior to ours here.

Dec 21, 2003 at 5:55 AM Post #15 of 22
I was able to contact Ray this morning. We did some trouble shooting over the phone and determined there was one leg of the 12V missing.

He was very surprised that there was a problem (as was I), but shipped a replacement amp out to me TODAY!

Now that's customer service!
biggrin.gif

Fed Ex should take a lesson from Ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back