Fedex ground?
Feb 24, 2011 at 2:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Girls Generation

Headphoneus Supremus
So, I've used the search tool and can only find old threads from years ago.

So I ask of you guys this.

I ordered the W1000X from AT cuz they were upgrading my CK10s. Paid for them, and they said they're sending by UPS ground. I asked if they can send it with USPS and they said some crap (i forget what) but basically they said they couldn't cuz there was no tracking? What? So I opted for Fedex instead. It's coming via Fedex ground at the moment and it costed $62 for that -_-; wow... 

So for any of you who has had experience with Fedex ground ordering expensive crap from the US to CANADA, what disaster can I expect and how much? :) I'm so very overjoyed ^_^V 

I don't know how much they put for the value but I can probably guess the 'MSRP' for it which is $700.

Feb 24, 2011 at 2:36 AM Post #3 of 14
You'll probably have to pay HST for the headphones. UPS/Fedex will collect it for you. They will also charge you a brokerage fee for doing you that service. Last time for me it was $25 from UPS. Then they will charge you HST on the brokerage fee. Whee.

Feb 24, 2011 at 3:23 AM Post #5 of 14
.... if fedex tries to pull that crap off on me, I'm not accepting the package, and have it sent back to AT. -_-;

Anyone know the exact % rates? Or somewhere close?

Or is it like random, like sometimes you get the massive fees, and sometimes you don't :|

Feb 24, 2011 at 3:41 AM Post #6 of 14
It depends on the sender. Some companies handle the brokerage and taxes for you. Beyerdynamic North America does this. (But their shipping was slow when I used them.) If AT already collected Canadian tax from you, then you should be safe. The shipping method also makes a difference. If it was one of the premium super ultra express types, then it may already include brokerage so you just pay the HST alone.

I don't know about Fedex, but UPS has a chart for their rates. Fedex should be similar.
http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shipping/cost/zones/customs_clearance.html

Good luck!

Feb 24, 2011 at 12:50 PM Post #7 of 14
Wow. Fedex has ALOT of charges for many different things. Idk. Fedex Ground shouldn't cost $61 dollars for a 3lb package. I think the charges/fees are included ._.

Feb 24, 2011 at 2:03 PM Post #8 of 14
ups are the worst! fedex aren't quite as bad. I think you can refuse the brokerage fee and then go and do the customs work yourself. Consider if your time+travel costs make it worth it though.

Feb 24, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #9 of 14
Apparently this happens only when shipping from U.S. to Canada? When I got my Cute Beyond amp from Canada to the U.S. via FedEx, no problem, small charge. Same when I ordered $500 worth of DVD's from Luminous Landscape in Canada - no extra charges there either.

Mar 5, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #12 of 14
Well the shipment arrived right on time, and there was no duties, no provincial taxes/HST on it, and no misc. fees by FedEX. I guess they just included it all in the original shipment price ($61)

Mar 8, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #14 of 14
I hope you're right, I once used Fedex for shipping tools or guitar parts. Got my stuff, paid to 25$ of tax or they don't give me the package and have fees 2 weeks later of maybe 30-45$
screw! I'm 15, don't have money to pay all that sh!t. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back