Features we would love to see in portable amps
Nov 25, 2009 at 5:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 56

hockeyb213

BANNED: BAD TRADER
I wanted to start a thread where people can throw out any random things that they would love to see implemented into amps.

At this point I would really love a simple lcd that had a battery life indicator as well as a stopwatch that clocks the total runtime on the amp.

Look forward to hearing what you guys would like

Nov 25, 2009 at 9:07 PM Post #4 of 56
I sense that this is not being taken seriously, though I like the laser pointer idea
wink.gif

Attempt at comedy idea: Pez dispenser
Attempt at seriousness idea: 1/4" & 1/8" headphone jacks. I hate using an adaptor, it makes the connection too flimsy and the jack having to bear too much weight.

Nov 25, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #5 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by wantmyf1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sense that this is not being taken seriously, though I like the laser pointer idea
wink.gif

Attempt at comedy idea: Pez dispenser
Attempt at seriousness idea: 1/4" & 1/8" headphone jacks. I hate using an adaptor, it makes the connection too flimsy and the jack having to bear too much weight.

I never really cared for Pez, even as a kid. I would like a cigar dispenser.

Xin had an amp that had both 1/4 and 1/8 but sadly he isn't making amps now. It worked fine and the amp was small and sounded great.

Nov 26, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #8 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At this point I would really love a simple lcd that had a battery life indicator...

That perhaps won't be too far now... like about 1 month away from being realized on FiiO E7.

Nov 26, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #10 of 56
Digital pot with locking mechanism. I've rarely used a portable headphone amp portablely, mostly because, the few times I did, I accidentally blasted my ears when I bumped the volume knob. I still probably wouldn't buy it though. Not really worth what for me was minimal improvement over my iPod.

Nov 26, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #11 of 56
1) bass boost.. 3 stage would be sweet
2) low/medium/high gain selector switch
3) built-in very good dac which can function as stand alone
4) 1/4' & 1/8' output jack.. i alos hate adaptors
5) battery low and full indicator (LED would suffice) and bulit-in charger

each or some of these are available on some amps but i want all of these features in one amp

beerchug.gif

Nov 26, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #14 of 56
I'd like to see the bass boost with a crossover-like setting that lets you decide where to cut off the bass boost. All-purpose bass boost turns a virtue into a vice. Low bass may need a little help but too much mid- to upper-bass just crowds the soundstage.

Nov 26, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #15 of 56
+1 on shigeo! I'd prefer as simple an amp as possible even though I don't own one yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back