Favrite price promotion for Hisound’s upcoming new Nova player
Feb 24, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #556 of 693
Quote:
Could someone compare gain of nova with something like iphone or pc? I am listening to music at around 70-100% on regular pc and around 70-90% on iphone 4/ipad. 
And i am using 32 ohm headphones btw. :p 

Holy ****. I listen  at like 35% on my iphone. 45 ohm iems. 

Feb 24, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #557 of 693
50% on my ipod touch is equal to around 10 to 12 in the n1 volume setting,  the n1 is using either hifi,  hsa v1.0 and wooduo eq.  It is also a bit louder than fiio e17 with 20 volume 

Feb 25, 2013 at 6:42 AM Post #558 of 693
Also, when I was comparing to the Ipod touch, it was with the touch's stock music player. Most of the aftermarket player APPs like EQU or Carpriccio have less gain. The Nova 3 plays to the same max volume as Capriccio does on an Ipod touch. I'm not aware of anyone that has added the Capriccio app to play FLAC on an Ipod that has said that their Itouch/Iphone no longer plays loud enough. Of course it could happen for marginal combos but like with the Nova, it's more than fine for any in ears and many cans. I loaded my 1st youtube vid to show it responds quickly to input when using an approved size SD card with music files. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zfyLH2IHuk&feature=youtu.be

Feb 25, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #560 of 693
Also, when I was comparing to the Ipod touch, it was with the touch's stock music player. Most of the aftermarket player APPs like EQU or Carpriccio have less gain. The Nova 3 plays to the same max volume as Capriccio does on an Ipod touch. I'm not aware of anyone that has added the Capriccio app to play FLAC on an Ipod that has said that their Itouch/Iphone no longer plays loud enough. Of course it could happen for marginal combos but like with the Nova, it's more than fine for any in ears and many cans. I loaded my 1st youtube vid to show it responds quickly to input when using an approved size SD card with music files. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zfyLH2IHuk&feature=youtu.be

Do you use a Class4 card? Is there any additional noise while playing from microsd? I noticed some with a Class10 card.

Feb 25, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #564 of 693
Quote:
32gb class 4 Sandisk which tend to run class 6. Quiet with a wav file.

I notice some induced noise even with class 4 cards :frowning2:. The noise is definitely louder though on Class 10 64 GB cards to the point where it is audible no matter what volume I listened at.....

Feb 25, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #565 of 693
I have a hard time believing your ears are sensitive enough to hear the hiss while music is playing. Unless you mean during pauses in orchestral music or something. Either that or the hiss is extremely loud, but with other people saying they cannot even hear it, I question if that's the case.

Feb 25, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #566 of 693
Quote:
I have a hard time believing your ears are sensitive enough to hear the hiss while music is playing. Unless you mean during pauses in orchestral music or something. Either that or the hiss is extremely loud, but with other people saying they cannot even hear it, I question if that's the case.

I can also hear it during music playback depending on the tracks. I'm not sure how it is so hard to grasp that? I also pick up treble spikes on gear like no tomorrow and absolutely hate that aspect about certain said gear. Although the noise I'm hearing from the SD slot is not the hiss from the player, nor is it the same noise from the screen when it is on. I can detect all three noises.

Feb 26, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #568 of 693
Darn I miss my hisound sound signature :frowning2: Craving for my Rocoo BA so badly today, if I had cash now I probably order one from ebay. O well at least i am having the EX1000 in about a week time.

Feb 26, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #570 of 693

Users who are viewing this thread

Back