Favrite price promotion for Hisound’s upcoming new Nova player
Feb 8, 2013 at 5:46 AM Post #451 of 693
Quote:
i think n3 is also having student offer right now.
according to hisoundaudiouk seller in ebay.co.uk Nova 3 first batch is sold out.
i u ordered it will be available on Late feb

i think the reason that it is sold out is probably becuase the factories are closed for new year. and for parcelforce,they seriously suck, ill get my n1 and n3 the day after becuase despite the hate royal mail is pretty reliable next day =) i check the tracking number we got from ebay which still just say handed over =(

Feb 8, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #452 of 693
I just got my unit in as well as a Teclast X30. So far the N1 looks quite nice. The UI isn't half bad yet it isn't the greatest either. I managed to freeze it up a couple times trying to get things sorted. I most definitely like the UI on the Nova better although they are similar as well. I notice on both players it is not a good idea to use 64 GB SDXC cards as it makes this weird vibrating noise.... Very annoying and I thought it was a deal breaker if the player did this normally. Both exhibit this noise with that card with the X30 being louder. Both units have hiss on them. The Nova has more hiss but slightly less hiss than the Studio V 3rd ANV. The Nova sounds more detailed and less constrained. The X30 sounds a bit muddy in comparison and lacks dynamics. I'm sure this is in part due to the amp stage hisound uses. I also notice the Nova N1 gets quite a bit louder than the X30 at max volume. One problem I notice on the Nova though is it seems to still use power when turned off. I can still hear hiss with the player turned off and this only completely stops if you do a hard reset with a needle. So I think they need to fix this to ensure longevity of the battery. Unless my unit is defective. Edit: Never mind, seems the player stays on for a short while and thereafter cuts off power completely as I heard it pop a minute or two after powering it off....

I'll continue burning them both in and give more comparison later but so far the N1 is clearly better to my ears, sound quality wise. Still I much prefer my Studio V 3rd ANV even to the Nova N1. Not sure how the N3 will fair though.

Feb 8, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #454 of 693
Congrats Lee! I know you've been really keen for this! Your very first audiophile DAP! :wink:

Feb 8, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #455 of 693
Quote:
Congrats Lee! I know you've been really keen for this! Your very first audiophile DAP!
wink.gif

If you are referring to the X30 it's Audiofail IMO :wink:. I honestly don't want to even bother listening to it anymore. It's really not that impressive at all.... Going from memory, a Sansa Fuze sounds better IMO....
rolleyes.gif

Feb 8, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #456 of 693
If you are referring to the X30 it's Audiofail IMO :wink:. I honestly don't want to even bother listening to it anymore. It's really not that impressive at all.... Going from memory, a Sansa Fuze sounds better IMO.... :rolleyes:

Using something like the X30 will make you appreciate your better gear all over again then. I had a quick listen to my ipod Nano a few days ago ,while it was enjoyable for the first few minutes. It sure made me realize how far I've come with my main rig. Shame about the hiss on the N1, though your IEM is very sensitive,

Try and open up the N1 a little later, let it stretch it's legs if you feel daring enough, not sure it was designed to be used on volume > 1. :wink:

Feb 8, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #457 of 693
The hiss on the unit is minor but it is still there. No point in sugar coating it. For most purposes it is a non-issue but if you are gonna nitpick then it is there lol. After a minute or less of listening to music you won't really detect it 99.9% of the time you are listening to music for what it is worth. The player doesn't look easy to open up. How they designed it looks like they don't want you to open it up :p.

Feb 9, 2013 at 4:27 AM Post #458 of 693
Hi, thanks for your reply. I was succesful, but only once on PC. When I try to connect it again USB icon appears for a moment then it starts to recharge and I'm unable to copy anything because its not connected. However on my laptop is everything ok, so its not that big deal. Still its strange because every other device I have is working just fine on my PC. By the way - I've updated firmware in Nova.

I've encountered another problem - when I had 850 music files on SD card then there is issue with FLAC files. After +- 20 seconds of normal playback it plays slowly and makes strange noises for 30-40 seconds after that its ok for 20s and again 30-40s its bad (and again and again). Do any of you have this problem too or its just me? (MP3 files are OK and my SD card is fast) For the record: Now its ok, because I have now only 350 files on it.

Feb 9, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #459 of 693
Quote:
The hiss on the unit is minor but it is still there. No point in sugar coating it. For most purposes it is a non-issue but if you are gonna nitpick then it is there lol. After a minute or less of listening to music you won't really detect it 99.9% of the time you are listening to music for what it is worth. The player doesn't look easy to open up. How they designed it looks like they don't want you to open it up :p.

apparently the hiss on the nova is due to the screens backlight so it shold be gone within a few seconds of the backlight turning on. About your sd card, i use a 64gb sdxc in mine and have had no issues with odd sounds or anything, if it is happening in both players perhaps your memory card is a little busted?

So far im really liking the N1, the UI is decent enough to keep using it. of course its not going to replace a studio 3rd the difference is you pay less tha £100 for the N1 and the studio 3 is going for £280 which is a rel jump up. Did you try to load any videos by any chance?

Feb 9, 2013 at 6:17 AM Post #460 of 693
Quote:
apparently the hiss on the nova is due to the screens backlight so it shold be gone within a few seconds of the backlight turning on. About your sd card, i use a 64gb sdxc in mine and have had no issues with odd sounds or anything, if it is happening in both players perhaps your memory card is a little busted?

So far im really liking the N1, the UI is decent enough to keep using it. of course its not going to replace a studio 3rd the difference is you pay less tha £100 for the N1 and the studio 3 is going for £280 which is a rel jump up. Did you try to load any videos by any chance?

No big man I can hear hiss also. I'm not talking about that weird vibrating noise from the screen. I can also hear hiss initially when using the unit (also during music playback) or when the volume is set to 0. But once I listen to the player for a minute the hiss just goes away (get use to it I'm assuming) plus at the volumes most people listen at, it is really a non issue. But that noise you talk about with the screen on I could also hear constantly and even louder when using a 64 GB card. My card is fine. I used it in my Studio V 3rd ANV, the RWA AK100 and DX100 and never had that issue before. Just on these 2 players.

I didn't try and load any videos on it. I just figured it won't work and call it a day lol. The screen would be really crappy anyways to use for video. My eye sight is bad enough as is, don't need to make it worse lol. Still with the above said I am still very much enjoying this player. As a matter of fact I can picture myself using this player on a regular basis. Just I call things as I hear it. I'm honest in my points of view or what I mean to express. I only support products I believe in. As I like to say "I can't sell **** to save my life. But if it's something I believe in I'm unstoppable." :wink: The product deserves credit where credit is due and that it does sound damn good for a player of its size. It's quite shocking to be honest on the quality of the sound coming from such a small unit.....

Feb 9, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #461 of 693
Quote:
If you are referring to the X30 it's Audiofail IMO :wink:. I honestly don't want to even bother listening to it anymore. It's really not that impressive at all.... Going from memory, a Sansa Fuze sounds better IMO....
rolleyes.gif

Is it that bad lee ? I mean teclast is a pretty famous brand isnt it ? With the teclast 51 being pretty good last i remember(could be wrong.......)

Feb 9, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #462 of 693
Quote:
Between Chinese New Years, ParcelForce and snow in London I am fated to be using Apple iPods sound of fingernails on a chalkboard for a while. Hooray for being Irish !!!!

Why do they call it PacelForce "24 express" anyways ?!? From the reviews I read they are quite poor.

It will be there within the 24 days.
wink_face.gif

Feb 9, 2013 at 9:11 AM Post #464 of 693
Quote:
No big man I can hear hiss also. I'm not talking about that weird vibrating noise from the screen. I can also hear hiss initially when using the unit (also during music playback) or when the volume is set to 0. But once I listen to the player for a minute the hiss just goes away (get use to it I'm assuming) plus at the volumes most people listen at, it is really a non issue. But that noise you talk about with the screen on I could also hear constantly and even louder when using a 64 GB card. My card is fine. I used it in my Studio V 3rd ANV, the RWA AK100 and DX100 and never had that issue before. Just on these 2 players.

I didn't try and load any videos on it. I just figured it won't work and call it a day lol. The screen would be really crappy anyways to use for video. My eye sight is bad enough as is, don't need to make it worse lol. Still with the above said I am still very much enjoying this player. As a matter of fact I can picture myself using this player on a regular basis. Just I call things as I hear it. I'm honest in my points of view or what I mean to express. I only support products I believe in. As I like to say "I can't sell **** to save my life. But if it's something I believe in I'm unstoppable." :wink: The product deserves credit where credit is due and that it does sound damn good for a player of its size. It's quite shocking to be honest on the quality of the sound coming from such a small unit.....

I have no vibrating noise from the screen...
Yes, a small amount of hiss is present all the time, but it's not annoying at the volumes I listen to music (>20). And yes, hiss is also present a few minutes after the player is shut off.

About the problem with cutting off the first second: It appears with MP3, FLAC and APE (I have no WMA files).
WAV is the only format I found no problems...

Another problem I noticed: the hold button doesn't work flawlessly -> sometimes I have to try it two or more times.

But sound quality is awesome and that's what really matters to me. I mostly used the "Hi-Fi" preset, but I'm starting to like the "HSA V1.0" even more. I depends on how the album was produced, 70's Classic Rock can be too bright with "HSA V1.0".

Feb 9, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #465 of 693
I sometimes have same trouble with hold button.
I'm using user (with default settings), Hi-Fi and most of the time HSA V1.0. SQ is realy great however sometimes I find "s" or "t" too sharp, but it depends on interpret and record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back