Favrite price promotion for Hisound’s upcoming new Nova player
Jan 28, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #376 of 693
Quote:
the student discount better still be available by that time

our student discount will be valid till the 10th of feb so you have plenty of time =)

EDIT: didn't notice about the Studio 3rd talk before, just and FYI for anyone debating the 2 players, the studio 3rd and studio V will both be out of stock till march. may sway your decision.

Jan 29, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #378 of 693
Quote:
our student discount will be valid till the 10th of feb so you have plenty of time =)

EDIT: didn't notice about the Studio 3rd talk before, just and FYI for anyone debating the 2 players, the studio 3rd and studio V will both be out of stock till march. may sway your decision.

Well I'd choose the N3 over a Studio V 3rd Ann. solely on form factor....but would I be missing out on sound quality, or would you say they're in the same league?

edit: meh, whatever. Just made an offer for the N3. I suppose I can always return it if it's underwhelming...

Jan 29, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #379 of 693
Quote:
Well I'd choose the N3 over a Studio V 3rd Ann. solely on form factor....but would I be missing out on sound quality, or would you say they're in the same league?

edit: meh, whatever. Just made an offer for the N3. I suppose I can always return it if it's underwhelming...

sorry for the late reply personally the studio 3 and the N3 are a little different. sound wise you will not be missing out, however this is not to say you would have a preference either way. personally id say the difference is really minimal. aside from that there are other factors. the N3 has a better UI for sure and is much more of a portable DAP than the 3rd which is small but compared to the N3 is chunky. the 3rd has a more impressive battery life and can be used as an amp. really the difference is not so much in the sound quality as much as it is in the functional uses. there is of course also the price difference and also the fact that the 3rd is out of stock till at least march. as an enthusiast myself, i would say you are pretty safe with the N3 and i doubt very much you will find it underwhelming.

Jan 29, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #380 of 693
sorry for the late reply personally the studio 3 and the N3 are a little different. sound wise you will not be missing out, however this is not to say you would have a preference either way. personally id say the difference is really minimal. aside from that there are other factors. the N3 has a better UI for sure and is much more of a portable DAP than the 3rd which is small but compared to the N3 is chunky. the 3rd has a more impressive battery life and can be used as an amp. really the difference is not so much in the sound quality as much as it is in the functional uses. there is of course also the price difference and also the fact that the 3rd is out of stock till at least march. as an enthusiast myself, i would say you are pretty safe with the N3 and i doubt very much you will find it underwhelming.

Thank you very much for the detailed response. That's really reassuring . . . I think I'm happy with my decision since I'll mainly be using it on the go with my CIEMs.

also, when will it ship out?

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #381 of 693
Quote:

Are you saying both N3 & studio 3 has the similar (identical) sound signature?

For me, the SQ is the most important and cannot be compromise.
In this case what is your suggestion, N3 or studio 3?

Jan 30, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #383 of 693
does anyone have the instruction and the firmware upgrade for the nova 1 ? i am going to start the review but i want to be sure i am using the latest firmware and whatever it brings

Jan 30, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #384 of 693
Quote:
Are you saying both N3 & studio 3 has the similar (identical) sound signature?

For me, the SQ is the most important and cannot be compromise.
In this case what is your suggestion, N3 or studio 3?

like anoxy said they are not identical, however i dont think there is much to be missed by going for he N3 in terms of SQ. the price difference is really for all the extra features you get with the Studio like the battery and use as an amp. The N3 and the Studio 3 are made to fulfil different pourposes. the N3 is meant to be a stunning player sound wise and is really made to bring stellar sound to the masses by keeping the pricing down. the studio 3 is made for audiophiles who are already in the market for a top quality player, the studio 3rd stands out in that market as one with the battery life that people etc at a good price. if what you are looking for is something for a great SQ with custom eq then the N3 is the one to go for. if you looking for a huge battery life and amp then the Studio 3. in terms of SQ they are different but both great.

Jan 30, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #385 of 693
Anyone know of a good carrying case that fits the nova and hopefully can be hooked onto a neck strap?

Jan 30, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #386 of 693
Quote:
like anoxy said they are not identical, however i dont think there is much to be missed by going for he N3 in terms of SQ. the price difference is really for all the extra features you get with the Studio like the battery and use as an amp. The N3 and the Studio 3 are made to fulfil different pourposes. the N3 is meant to be a stunning player sound wise and is really made to bring stellar sound to the masses by keeping the pricing down. the studio 3 is made for audiophiles who are already in the market for a top quality player, the studio 3rd stands out in that market as one with the battery life that people etc at a good price. if what you are looking for is something for a great SQ with custom eq then the N3 is the one to go for. if you looking for a huge battery life and amp then the Studio 3. in terms of SQ they are different but both great.

Thanks for explaination. Unfortunately it is hard for me to imagine the sound that you have described.
I will wait for actual comparison between N3 and Studio 3 by the head-fiers.

Jan 31, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #387 of 693
I measured the size of N1, 92(H) x 40(W) x 8(D)mm. If you could find iPod nano 5gen case, it might be used. The size if iPod nano 5G was 90.7(H) x 38.7(W) x 6.7(D). Old nano was smaller a little:)

Jan 31, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #388 of 693
@YOT: So how is the player growing on you? Is it more comparable now in sound quality to the Rocoo P? What about the battery life? Did my suggestion help to extend the battery further?

Jan 31, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #389 of 693
Quote:
@YOT: So how is the player growing on you? Is it more comparable now in sound quality to the Rocoo P? What about the battery life? Did my suggestion help to extend the battery further?

My N1 SQ get closer with RoCooP. The difference is vocal. Vocal on RoCooP is closer and mostly even with its instrument. Instrumants on N1 closer but vocal is not so. And I've tried your suggestion.
But I did not follow it completely. In my usage, I do not paly back music 10hours or 5hour continuously. So I do not remind the term of battery life currently.

Jan 31, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #390 of 693
Quote:
Anyone did a comparison between N1 and C3?

I did. The main difference is vocal.  I compare with N1, RoCooP and C3. Vocal on C3 is closest, nest RoCooP then N1. For intruments the order is upside down. Sound resolution not differ so much. The sound stgae
I feel C3 is wider. EQ setting, Normal on C3, HSAV10 on N1. The other differences are sound power C3 is higher, UI, N1 is better. Touch panel resoponce, C3 is better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back