Favrite price promotion for Hisound’s upcoming new Nova player
Jan 20, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #346 of 693
Quote:
I think so, too. It has a different sound signature and a little bit more output power. But the soundchips (and all other parts apart from the amp) seem to be the same.
N1's output power is enough for me.

And the N1 looks more stylish than the N3 :wink:

Well I did hear rumors the N3 has a similar sound quality to the Studio V. In that my Studio V is noticeably better than even my Rocoo BA which is also noticeably better than the Rocoo P :). The differences are enough for me when I go between both units I'll feel disappointed with the Rocoo BA in comparison to the Studio V :wink:. Of course if I don't listen to the Studio V and listen to the BA I'll be quite happy lol. That's the key though. Not hearing something better.... :p

Jan 20, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #347 of 693
Quote:
$80 N1 is for preorder. It will be $140 around. And N3 includes three earbuts. The price $250 includes it. Both two mostly same time release, same body size..
So I do not expect N3 sound quality much better than N1. To minimize type of music format,I try to use FLAC. If wav size is much smaller, I might choice wav.

Wav is what flac is compressed from. It's about 1/3rd larger.

Jan 21, 2013 at 4:58 AM Post #348 of 693
Quote:
Well I did hear rumors the N3 has a similar sound quality to the Studio V. In that my Studio V is noticeably better than even my Rocoo BA which is also noticeably better than the Rocoo P :). The differences are enough for me when I go between both units I'll feel disappointed with the Rocoo BA in comparison to the Studio V :wink:. Of course if I don't listen to the Studio V and listen to the BA I'll be quite happy lol. That's the key though. Not hearing something better.... :p

Sounds nice! Hope the rumors realize :)

Jan 21, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #350 of 693
Quote:
Hi YOT,

To update the firmware, I am having trouble getting the hisound.sys driver install in Windows 7 64bits OS. Are you using the same environment ?

thanks.

Hi ngc1976,
 Unfortunately no, I update the firmware in Windows XP. According english instruction, we face the driver intallation error once then install driver manually.
 If your trouble the driver is recognized unknown device, try to install the driver (in folder and64/win7/) again. And I reccomend to change relateed folder name
 to english to do it.

Could anyone avice for the trouble of ngc1976' case ?

Jan 21, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #351 of 693
In the other thread, hisound tell us the sound quality. http://www.head-fi.org/t/629679/edit-hisound-audio-to-release-new-dap-product-line-nova-with-micro-sd-card-support/495#post_9052485
Current my N1 only sound quality get closer and closer. Hopely the sound quality of N3 also will be AND battery life over 20 hours, and sound power.

Jan 21, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #353 of 693
Quote:
Hi YOT,

To update the firmware, I am having trouble getting the hisound.sys driver install in Windows 7 64bits OS. Are you using the same environment ?

thanks.

I had no problem installing the drivers at Windows 8 x64 (with the Win7 package).

I got the drivers here: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=BDD04C069EF09C0E&id=BDD04C069EF09C0E!3363&authkey=!AMZ9f2uxW6tM5ig
I downloaded the entire package to get all files in the correct folder -> right click "Voice of Han Nova N1 Standard u..." -> download -> unzip.

You can't install the drivers in normal windows mode, google how to install unsigned drivers.

All other things are described in the pdf file.

Jan 21, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #354 of 693
Hi,

Thanks for the English instruction, it finally work. Apparently, I need to select the driver from amd64 folder, kind of strange as my notebook is Intel i5 running W7 64bits. After driver installed, firmware upgraded smoothly.
   Currently trying to run-in the N1 with the PAA-1 Pro ear-phone. Will do a A-B comparision against RocooP with AKG K550 on sound quality after that.:)

Still waiting a response from Jack on the missing W2 come with this promo.

Jan 24, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #355 of 693
Just received the N1 with the Wooduo2's! Can't wait to try it out. Have to update the firmware first, thanks to GGibby for the help in that department. Of course its his fault I have this headphone addiction in the first place.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm a newbee, but once the N1 is up and runner I'll try to give my best impression using the terms glossary on here. Hopefully I get it in the ballpark.

And thanks to Jack and hisoundaudio for getting those to us!

Jan 24, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #356 of 693
OK, selecting the English menus confused me a bit - need to scroll up or down until you see English.
I selected into Arabic, which has an English submenu that locks up the device.

Will work on the update to the firmware install instructions,
but here's a big hint - make sure to remove Chinese characters from folder names for Upgrade Tool to even load
(If you have the current Firmware folder set from here, you should be fine.),
then click on 'Switch' in the Upgrade Tool interface to be prompted to install drivers.

-G

Jan 25, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #358 of 693
Has anyone posted good impressions/reviews on the N1 or N3 yet?

Also, will you ever offer the N3 player without the 3 earbuds for a cheaper price? I don't need or want any more iems.

Jan 26, 2013 at 7:13 AM Post #359 of 693
Today, I checked N1 non-stop running time. After 10 hours running N1 shut down by low battery.
The condition:
  Music format:Flac file (44.1/16),
  Volume:19 to 24,
  Display operation: less than 30 min.
  Earbuts: Chord Major7th(Impedance 16 ohm).
I guess the same term performance of N3 will be the same level.

Jan 26, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #360 of 693
Wow, only 10 hours? Isn't it quoted at >23...?

Also, I wonder if the N3 would be better than my iPod+Arrow 3G rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back