Favrite price promotion for Hisound’s upcoming new Nova player
Jan 26, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #361 of 693
Quote:
Wow, only 10 hours? Isn't it quoted at >23...?

Also, I wonder if the N3 would be better than my iPod+Arrow 3G rig.

Yes, I charged 10 hours over, then started to play. however it was one time data. I would ask someone to share the result with each condition.

Jack, How can we get 20 hours  running time? For me, 10 hours running is acceptable if the time could be keep in next two years :)

Jan 26, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #362 of 693
Quote:
Today, I checked N1 non-stop running time. After 10 hours running N1 shut down by low battery.
The condition:
  Music format:Flac file (44.1/16),
  Volume:19 to 24,
  Display operation: less than 30 min.
  Earbuts: Chord Major7th(Impedance 16 ohm).
I guess the same term performance of N3 will be the same level.

Does it change when you listen to the unit in shorter intervals? I noticed my Studio V will only last about 25  hours if I play it back continuously. But if I do so in shorter-intervals of 5 hours max. I can get about 50+ hours out of it with FLAC.

Jan 27, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #363 of 693
Quote:
Does it change when you listen to the unit in shorter intervals? I noticed my Studio V will only last about 25  hours if I play it back continuously. But if I do so in shorter-intervals of 5 hours max. I can get about 50+ hours out of it with FLAC.

I played it back continuously. No any intervals. If N1 power system is similer, I might make playing time two time! Thanks!

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #364 of 693
Quote:
Today, I checked N1 non-stop running time. After 10 hours running N1 shut down by low battery.
The condition:
  Music format:Flac file (44.1/16),
  Volume:19 to 24,
  Display operation: less than 30 min.
  Earbuts: Chord Major7th(Impedance 16 ohm).
I guess the same term performance of N3 will be the same level.

Lower volume, MP3, and higher impedance will all extend that #. No EQ as well. I believe even wav is lower load than flac even though it's a higher bitrate since no extra level of decode. Doesn't mean we'll get more in actual use but can explain some fo the difference from spec. Still doesn't sound like it will make 20 but I bet you could get 15 under the right circumstances. The battery may also work better after a few cycles.

Jan 27, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #366 of 693
They said 10 hours at the beginning and this seems to be realistic. The battery has only 400 mAh (to make the slim design possible).

APE files have the same problem as FLAC files -> the first second is cut off.

I converted FLAC files to WAV with applied ReplayGain because the N1 has no function to normalize peaks.

My suggestions how the software could be improved:
- there should be an option to directly jump to the song that is playing via the main menu (maybe instead of the pointless Hi-Fi logo down right)
- the albums should be sorted by alphabet
- when the player is in hold mode, the display light should only light up for a short moment after touching the pad (or not light up at all) to save battery

And AAC support would be nice. For me, it's a lossy format with acceptable quality (at Q1.0/about 400 kbps).

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #372 of 693
Quote:
the student discount better still be available by that time

Well I'm not sure exactly where its shipping from. If its Singapore post well then that's just my luck. Seems Singapore mail service is quite crumby in my experience :wink:. It took over 3 weeks for me to get my replacement Studio V 3rd ANV. Mainly due to the delays in Singapore post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back