Favrite price promotion for Hisound’s upcoming new Nova player
Oct 12, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #46 of 693
Too bad it doesn't have a microSD slot. If that's the case i think i'll wait until it appears a mp3 in the market with the following qualities:
- Nicer UI ipod nano previous generations style.
- Great sound performance
- Hifi formats, FLAC mandatory, mp3, etc.
- A good battery
- A lot of memory (Minimum of 16 gb internal) or IF NOT, at least...
- An expansion slot for memory cards, so the previous one is met. 

And it sucks this mp3 player has not these features. 

Oct 12, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #47 of 693
How much a earphone amplfier is? Navo has  a decent earphone amplifier section. the earphone amplifier is worth more than the player's price.

It is 2 in 1 designed player. it stress the portable feature and excellent sound quality. 8 GB memory can be enough for daily usage. and if you want to update the music, it is easy to drag and drop the files from you PC, it is only few munits to go.

It is designed for the price sensitive person.

If you really don't care about the price. You can consider our STUDIO 3 Anv. It has card  slot.

There is no any perfect player can satisify each consumer's all requirment. Every player is compromised some thing.

with the promotion price of USD 80, What you can get is the excellent sound quality, stylish and slim player. than not the huge memory.

Oct 12, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #48 of 693
"There is no any perfect player can satisify each consumer's all requirment. Every player is compromised some thing."

I have always said this, if a player has a clean line out (or even better a digital line out) plus 32 GB inteneral memory it will satisfy a large portion of us. Some of us will always bypass the amp section regardless of how good it is. If a company is out there smart enough to produce a DAP with has a decent DAC section and expansion capability and explicity state that this is made based on the assumption that the amp will be bypassed it will attract a large audience.

In now day and age 8 gigabye is really below average. It will be very hard for you to compete  against something like ipod touch with such a great UI. Not matter how good your player will sound it will only attract a very small population. Even the folks in ordinary world will like at least 16 GB. It will be very hard to sell an eight GB DAP with such a UI to the mass consumers, they will never care about the amp section as they will not realize its potential (how many consumer you know which will use a high quality IEM). 

Oct 12, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #49 of 693
Quote:
"There is no any perfect player can satisify each consumer's all requirment. Every player is compromised some thing."

I have always said this, if a player has a clean line out (or even better a digital line out) plus 32 GB inteneral memory it will satisfy a large portion of us. Some of us will always bypass the amp section regardless of how good it is. If a company is out there smart enough to produce a DAP with has a decent DAC section and expansion capability and explicity state that this is made based on the assumption that the amp will be bypassed it will attract a large audience.

In now day and age 8 gigabye is really below average. It will be very hard for you to compete  against something like ipod touch with such a great UI. Not matter how good your player will sound it will only attract a very small population. Even the folks in ordinary world will like at least 16 GB. It will be very hard to sell an eight GB DAP with such a UI to the mass consumers, they will never care about the amp section as they will not realize its potential (how many consumer you know which will use a high quality IEM). 

Each model of our player has it's clear consumer groups target. This is why we have different models of players.

The player with line out  you suggested will be considered and we have been has such an plan to design the similiar model as your mentioned. But that kind of player will not possible priced at around USD 100. It will be expensive.

For the cost is higher, you know, one high end chip will cost several dozens dollars let alone the whole player.

Also, The player applied with the high end DAC will not be in tiny size, the configure of the chip required complexed circuit design to support the High end chip.

We know you and many other members of Headfi are core audiophile, but not all of the members or none Headifiers are core audiophiles. They just need a player with good sound quality , but not the absolute sound quality.

In fact, there is no "best sound quality". there is only better sound quality.

To most  general music lovers,  they just want to look forward the adequate products. Nova is designed with the sound quality much better than the rest consumer grade players.  it don't target to be the top one in term of sound quality. 

I Don't think it is convienience to take a brick size player or bundled with an external amp to the gym or commute purpose. 

We just design a decent player with very slim body to let the user to put it in their wallet, and when they have boring time to kill, take it out , and enjoy the sweet music. 

This player is really not just for serious audio session at home. but if you want to do it , it dosnt matter, for the sound quality of Nova is qualified to be the high grade tier among  the portable players. at home, you should be compromised the price and the memory capacity.

Oct 12, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #50 of 693
To increase the momory size is easy,  it could be 64GB. But the problem is the price will be higher. 

Don't forget, it is NOVA  N1. model, We will have N3, It is a series products.

N3 will of course come with larger memory.  I don't know if there are alot of consumers would like to pay higher price for the extra memory?  

Here is the box scheme design:

Oct 12, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #51 of 693
One curious question here:

How powerful will the internal amplifiers be?

The other preview thread seems to hint that the Nova will have sound quality similar to the Rocoo P?

Anyways I have just sent an email! I am very interested in this player.

Oct 12, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #52 of 693
Quote:
 I don't know if there are alot of consumers would like to pay higher price for the extra memory?  

When we are talking about head-fi, large memory is a must. I myself will spend for at least 32GB capacity, internal or external. I believe many of other audiophiles here will too. Hope that the Nova 3 will be at least 32GB. 

Oct 12, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #53 of 693
How much more is the price? If it is comparative to your competition I am sure many will be interested. Why dont you make a poll where you introduce the product, and have categories as follow:

Question:How many folks will be interested in above product with the following features

1)8 GB, no SD:Price 149 USD
2)16 GB, no SD: Price 249 USD
3)32 GB, no SD: Price 339 USD
4)64 GB, no SD: Price 449 USD
5)32 GB, SD:Price 380 USD
etc

Oct 13, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #54 of 693
Quote:
How much more is the price? If it is comparative to your competition I am sure many will be interested. Why dont you make a poll where you introduce the product, and have categories as follow:

Question:How many folks will be interested in above product with the following features

etc

I agree with this , except for the example price :p

Oct 13, 2012 at 3:26 AM Post #55 of 693
Quote:

etc

Thanks audionewbi's suggestion 

It is very good opinions. 

We have not annaunced the N3, so, We have time to listen your suggestions.

It seems your suggestion price range is reasonable.

The only thing we are afraid, our products will be sold by many distributors ---- dealers.  even if our cost increase 30 dollars, the final retail price could be increase to be very high.( all parties profits and tax, tariff ). if it is only sold by our webstore , it will keep very low. This is why our N1 have to apply the smaller memory capacity.

Any way, it seems the problem can be solved by increasing the final retail price and increasing the memory.

Thanks.

Oct 13, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #56 of 693
Hi there

I was thinking about getting this player, but 8gb only is barmy. It makes me sad that you don't see this as a major disadvantage, because I have no reason to not want this product to do well. Heck, I was really thinking about buying one myself.

How hard is it, how much more expensive is it to increase this internally to 16GB? A few dollars at maximum maybe?? Forget the external storage and forget SD cards. Internal 16gb would be fine for me. It'll fit my favourite albums no problem.

It could do what it want's, it could drive the hifiman he-6 to new heights, but a portable player over $100 dollars allowing one only 8gb of storage is a major flaw. I disagree with the hisound sponsor saying that It's an absence of an advantage. For me, It's a presence of a flaw. Please remember the main purpose of a portable player (or any player) is to play music. Everything else comes after, including sound quality out from the headphone jack / line outs / amplifier functions / whatever. Unfortunately the 8gb (6gb in reality) actually hinders the main purpose as it means there simply isn't enough music to play!!

Maybe I should just get the rocco P then, or rather wait for a new version to come out without such a flaw. 

Oct 14, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #57 of 693
at first i was like 
biggrin.gif
 when i saw the announcement

then i read about the pre-order promo i was like 
eek.gif

and after seeing comments about the sd slot 
beerchug.gif

and now 
mad.gif

oh well

Oct 14, 2012 at 4:36 AM Post #58 of 693
[quote name="B[van]" url="/t/631142/favrite-price-promotion-for-hisound-s-upcoming-new-nova-player/45#post_8777481"]at first i was like :D  when i saw the announcement

then i read about the pre-order promo i was like :eek:

and after seeing comments about the sd slot :beerchug:

and now :mad:

oh well
[/quote]

:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back