Favorite Zeppelin Album??
Aug 16, 2004 at 6:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

MrSiki99

100+ Head-Fier
Whats your favorite zeppelin album?!?

Aug 16, 2004 at 6:26 AM Post #2 of 16
III for me, but II is a close second. They're all wonderful, especially the early stuff. What still amazes me about Zeppelin is that these guys were so young and talented, and so totally unafraid to be themselves, musically speaking. They didn't get caught up in too much else (at least for their first 3 albulms), and it shows.

Aug 20, 2004 at 5:05 PM Post #4 of 16
bah only 19 votes...im sure theres more zeppelin fans out there.

Aug 20, 2004 at 8:08 PM Post #6 of 16
Led Zeppelin [no title] IV is my favorite Zeppelin album by a nose [since I have to pick just one...]. Just too many classic songs and an extremely good mix. Physical Graffiti [a tour de force if ever there was one], I [Zeppelin's blues roots], and Presence [the classy/progressive heavy metal sound Zeppelin was evolving towards] would all be tied for a close second!!!
biggrin.gif

Aug 21, 2004 at 9:42 PM Post #9 of 16
My three favorite songs are:
Achilles Last Stand
Thank You
Ramble On

Aug 22, 2004 at 4:35 AM Post #10 of 16
There are a couple of close ones...but my favorite is In Through the Out Door. I take a lot of crap for that one, but what can I say. Love the first cut!!

Sep 18, 2004 at 3:03 AM Post #12 of 16
just giving a bump to revive this poll....

Sep 18, 2004 at 3:35 AM Post #13 of 16
I agree this is tough. I remember buying II when it first came out, so it was my first. III I didn't like so much, but IV, well so many classics came from this. Then I got the first album and was really starting to get into the blues, "I Can't Quit You, Baby". Say what you want about Page, but he really played on that LP. Physical Graffitti? Well, Custard Pie is, IMO, simply a great rock 'n roll song. After that, again IMO, it was downhill. At anyrate, I chose the first disc in the poll, but could have gone with II, IV or PG as well.

Sep 20, 2004 at 1:59 PM Post #14 of 16
Having to choose only one, I went for Led Zeppelin III. But it was really tough...
wink.gif

Sep 20, 2004 at 2:11 PM Post #15 of 16
I voted for 'I'. Simply because of Dazed and Confused and Babe I'm Gonna Leave You... Heavy Blues indeed.

But I also love II and III and IV... and Physical Graffiti...

'How the West Was Won' is a powerful live album too....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back