Favorite Track on Klipsch IE's
Apr 19, 2008 at 3:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Professor Thump

Member of the Trade: Klipsch
Okay old and new Klipsch fans... I want to know what tracks sound best on your new Klipsch Headphones?

What set up are you using?

Where do you usually listen to your headphones?

Thanks!
cool.gif

Apr 19, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #2 of 13
When I finally figured out which ear tips works best for me (not Klipsch's unfortunetly) I was listening to a cue called "Is Ten Too Old?" from the soundtrack to a film called Island in the Stream composed by Jerry Goldsmith in 1977. The Klipsch Custom 3s really came to life and made that cue sound amazing. Its sounded almost live!

I was listening on a Microsoft Zune and the music was encoded in the WMA Lossless Audio format
I primarily listen to my Custom 3s in a movie projection booth.

Apr 19, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #3 of 13
Breath by Breaking Benjamin on Image. They really deliver the guitar crunch. I can't listen to that CD on anything else now.

Zen -> Image
Zen -> iBasso D2 -> Image
PC -> iBasso D2 -> Image
PC -> Little Dot 3 -> Image

May 30, 2008 at 8:09 PM Post #4 of 13
I've been listening to Roger Waters - In the Flesh Live DVD lately. I extracted the audio from the DVD and turned them into MP3 files which I then copied to my IPOD. I am using the Custom 3s with Comply standard tips which are not made for the Klipsch Custom 3s but I find them to have the best seal and comfort for me. I use the Graham Slee Voyager amp connected via an ALO Cryo LOD. This DVD sounds great with this setup. This is a great concert DVD and I highly recommend it to Roger Waters fans.

May 30, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #5 of 13
Mahler's 5th Symphony. Images through 5.5g Imod, Predator amp, jumbo cryo dock and portable v-cap. Soundstage not only left/right but front/rear as well. Can discern first violin section from second, and tympani is right where it's supposed to be--back of stage mid right to right.

Listen on boat anchored on lake sipping martinis. Or on condo deck overlooking lake sipping martinis. Where else is there to enjoy Mahler/??

May 30, 2008 at 10:52 PM Post #6 of 13
Kylie Minogue= In Your Eyes

Corinne Bailey Rae= River

Justin Nozuka= After Tonight

Pascale Picard= Smilin'!!

Jun 1, 2008 at 11:20 PM Post #7 of 13
"Where else is there to enjoy Mahler 5th?".....on the Wörthersee, or in Vienna
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 2, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Where else is there to enjoy Mahler 5th?".....on the Wörthersee, or in Vienna
smily_headphones1.gif

yeah, but I don't speak German and they make lousy martinis. Jaegermeister might be OK tho
biggrin.gif

Sep 2, 2008 at 5:52 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by acidtripwow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been listening to Roger Waters - In the Flesh Live DVD lately. I extracted the audio from the DVD and turned them into MP3 files which I then copied to my IPOD. I am using the Custom 3s with Comply standard tips which are not made for the Klipsch Custom 3s but I find them to have the best seal and comfort for me. I use the Graham Slee Voyager amp connected via an ALO Cryo LOD. This DVD sounds great with this setup. This is a great concert DVD and I highly recommend it to Roger Waters fans.

Have you heard David Gilmour "Remember That Night' live at Royal Albert Hall? I have it on BluRay and you would probably like it. Only wish they featured Sinead O'Connor on Comfortably Numb instead of David Bowie. I like Bowie a lot but not singing this song. Have you heard Sinead sing Mother w/Pink Floyd? She's very good at it.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f

Sep 11, 2008 at 1:02 AM Post #10 of 13
I can't say it's a track per se but definitely listening to Joy Divisions box set through my iPhone fed through a Tomahawk and with a pair of Custom-2s. AMAZING. That and a lot of jazz seems to play really nicely with the Custom-2s.

Sep 21, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #12 of 13
the best track for me is massive attack's 'angel', closely followed (at the moment) by kings of leon's 'on call'. both because of the fizzy bass power, which is a physical sensation like sherbet almost (strange but that's how i experience it)
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 11, 2008 at 5:36 AM Post #13 of 13
Simple Man - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Dracula - Gorillaz
Spokey Dokey (Alternative) - The Seatbelts

pink

Users who are viewing this thread

Back