Favorite song to play on your headphones
Feb 5, 2008 at 4:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

tf1216

500+ Head-Fier
I hope this thread is exciting for some and not 'old news' for others.

I have favorite songs I like to listen to for each of my speakers. As a newbie in this hobby, I would like to hear what peoples' favorite songs are with different cans. I am looking forward to some replies. Thanks all!

Feb 5, 2008 at 5:27 AM Post #2 of 46
With my SR60, just about anything by The Tragically Hip sounds amazing. Their classic stuff like Nautical Disaster or New Orleans is Sinking is enough to keep me tethered to my amp no matter what!

Feb 5, 2008 at 5:31 AM Post #3 of 46
With my K701, I love Mozart's Requiem, it's amazing
biggrin.gif

Feb 5, 2008 at 7:13 AM Post #5 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trippytiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With my SR60, just about anything by The Tragically Hip sounds amazing. Their classic stuff like Nautical Disaster or New Orleans is Sinking is enough to keep me tethered to my amp no matter what!

Yiff in hell.

Feb 5, 2008 at 7:29 AM Post #6 of 46
ooooo, so many (all are from the 'dance' , trance, techno etc etc) i could list!

Many of them, send shivers down my spine/give me goosebumps, literally! When i hear some songs, i feel like getting up and dancing lol (i just move my head instead or tap feet/hands lol)

Feb 5, 2008 at 7:56 AM Post #7 of 46
I especially like Rodrigo y Gabriela's Vikingman on my CD3000's.
People Under the Stair's Jamboree pt. 1 off the Stepfather album is really good on my ATH-2's, too. These are just some current favorites of mine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Paccioli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yiff in hell.

What's your problem, man?
confused.gif
This is a family forum... Keep it clean.

Feb 5, 2008 at 8:16 AM Post #8 of 46
For years I've listened by my Stax to the album Soaring Through A Dream by Al Di Meola. It was (and still is) every time a pleasure
cool.gif

Feb 5, 2008 at 8:50 AM Post #9 of 46
The "Song of Burnadette" co written by Leonard Cohen and Jennifer Warnes.

The Chorus: "So many hearts I find
Hearts like yours and mine
Torn by what they've done and can't undo
I just want to hold you,
Come on let me hold you
Like Bunadettette would do.

Her voice and arrangement are gorgeous and sacred. Cohen's voice reaching into the core of the human heart as it's wounded, weary and yet has the courage, dignity, will and strength to survive. And in each moment of this complex yet beautiful music we/I am the one naked, raw and exposed and forever broken, being accepted and comforted by unconditioned love and in turn I too am that very same love in that very same moment give back exactly what is needing. A profound dance that goes well beyound the sketch and opportunity that has been given by these two creators. When I am fully present I then to become a part to the art as it's unfolding, another voice, another dancer.

Feb 5, 2008 at 8:53 AM Post #10 of 46
Trivium - The Crusade. Its like a magical journey, with hammering metal guitars, crazy wailing solos, and majestic sweeping and chugging riffs!

Feb 5, 2008 at 9:55 AM Post #11 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by barmar46 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The "Song of Burnadette" co written by Leonard Cohen and Jennifer Warnes.

The Chorus: "So many hearts I find
Hearts like yours and mine
Torn by what they've done and can't undo
I just want to hold you,
Come on let me hold you
Like Bunadettette would do.

Her voice and arrangement are gorgeous and sacred. Cohen's voice reaching into the core of the human heart as it's wounded, weary and yet has the courage, dignity, will and strength to survive. And in each moment of this complex yet beautiful music we/I am the one naked, raw and exposed and forever broken, being accepted and comforted by unconditioned love and in turn I too am that very same love in that very same moment give back exactly what is needing. A profound dance that goes well beyound the sketch and opportunity that has been given by these two creators. When I am fully present I then to become a part to the art as it's unfolding, another voice, another dancer.

Sounds like some one's practicing Tai Chi or is tippin' out. Good to see your music can inspire and move you as such, though. I love when I can get into the state of mind where my reality is simply erased and all that's left is the music. I tend to think about time space and crap whenever I get to this point; just sheer nothingness and the possibilities of nothingness and whether my brain can comprehend nothingness to begin with...

Thanks for sharing.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 5, 2008 at 10:53 AM Post #12 of 46
All the songs on the album "The Best of Fleetwood Mac" heard through my Ultrasone Proline 750 and the music fed by Meier Audio MOVE. Great care has been taken in making top quality recording for this album and you will notice surprising improvement in your head-fi gear by listening to this particular album. Highly recommended.

PS: I don't know if it's the recording or my Meier MOVE, but even my Sennheiser CX300 sounds good. I was surprised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back