favorite Opeth album?
Oct 7, 2008 at 9:23 PM Post #31 of 73
Damnation is probably my most listened to cd.

I do like Delieverance for Master's Apprentice and A Fair Judgement.

My Arms, Your Hearse is my least played. Go figure.

Oct 8, 2008 at 12:03 AM Post #32 of 73
My favourites in order of preference:

1) Blackwater Park
2) Morningrise
3) Still Life
4) Deliverence
5) Damnation
6) My Arms, Your Hearse
7) Ghost Reveries
8) Watershed
9) Orchid

Oct 9, 2008 at 2:48 PM Post #34 of 73
I guess I would have to say...

1) Still Life
2) Blackwater Park
3) My Arms, Your Hearse

Oct 11, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #36 of 73
You know, the more I listen to Watershed the more it's becoming my favorite of the ones I own. I currently own:

* Blackwater Park
* Deliverance
* Damnation
* Ghost Reveries
* Watershed

Oct 12, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #37 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've seen Deliverance get some bad beef in several of the recent Opeth threads.

A bad Opeth album is still a awesome album by normal standards. Having said that Deliverance is one of my favorites
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 12, 2008 at 4:10 PM Post #38 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by japc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A bad Opeth album is still a awesome album by normal standards. Having said that Deliverance is one of my favorites
smily_headphones1.gif

Yay! I agree as well. I think othe bands can do the Badass Metal Song thing much better, but as stated by others on this forum, no other band sounds like Opeth, which is what makes their metal enjoyable to listen to even when it isn't Uberbadass.

I will say this-- Deliverance sounds kinda boring on headphones. I think maybe it/that contributes to why individuals here say the songs drone on and whatnot. When I listen to it on headphones i'm usually like "Awwwwww" or "Eh", unless I EQ the heck out of it. For some reason, they must have during the engineering / mastering for this album, shot for having it sound great on speakers, instead of just having it sound great and balanced in general, like they did with Damnation and the two newer albums. I think I said this above but I think anyone who dislikes Deliverance needs to listen to it on at least a moderate speaker rig and see if it makes any difference. If it doesn't, well then I won't get mad
smily_headphones1.gif
Okay maybe a little bit.
tongue.gif

Oct 12, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #39 of 73
Just came over from the bashing Opeth thread. My favorite were their first 3 albums, in order:
Orchid, My Arms Your Hearse, Morningrise. Lyrically I like MAYH the most.

Oct 12, 2008 at 9:48 PM Post #40 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just came over from the bashing Opeth thread.

Eh? People are bashing Opeth? We should bash their faces.

Oct 14, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #41 of 73
Sduibek, you still don't have Morningrise. Do something about this now, please
tongue.gif

Seriously, if you like the heavy stuff, MAYH is the Opeth heavy album. Nothing else they've done comes close. Morningrise and Orchid are beautiful and brutal all at once in a way they haven't done since. Still Life melds the two styles (MAYH/Morningrise) while bringing something new again to the table.

The only good thing one can say about not having these albums yet is that it still allows you to enjoy the new stuff
tongue.gif

Oct 16, 2008 at 11:19 PM Post #43 of 73
Not really an Opeth fan but I do like "Damnation".

Oct 17, 2008 at 11:32 PM Post #44 of 73
As a non-fan, I can see how you would like it...ROFL.

Oct 23, 2008 at 3:01 AM Post #45 of 73
Still Life is my favorite album for sure, especially for listening all the way through. Blackwater Park and Orchid tie for second. MAYH takes third. But really they are all amazing albums. It took me a while to get into the old stuff...Ghost Reveries was practically all I listened to at first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back