Favorite musician/band/group of all time...post here.
Aug 18, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #91 of 125
id have to say radiohead without a doubt, but another great though often overlooked, forgotten band that ive almost loved equally is failure, fantastic planet is one of the best albums ive ever heard, check out the song another space song, its fantastic haha

Aug 22, 2010 at 2:38 AM Post #93 of 125
one day he will get his due:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1199799/jimmy_rosenberg_sweet_georgia_brown/

Aug 24, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #95 of 125

Quote:
Ooh, nice one. I'm waiting for the US release of The Night Before and The Morning After.

Absolutely!, though the 'The Night Before' has already been released here in the UK (way back in May)...it was pretty good - 'Porcupine' is a classic James song. I'v pre-ordered The Morning After :)

Watched them live in May at London's Royal Albert Hall as part of their Night Before UK tour, fan-bl**dy-tastic they were too. They are also touring the states & Canada this Fall in fact, tried  (and failed) to convince my partner to have a nice holiday in Toronto to see them...twice in one year is a bit much I guess. 

Aug 27, 2010 at 1:47 AM Post #96 of 125
Miles Davis (Pink Floyd)

Aug 27, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #97 of 125
IMHO masters of Electronic music genre.... ORBITAL, THE PRODIGY, THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS, UNDERWORLD... can't decide which are best... they're all the best in electronic genre!!!

Aug 27, 2010 at 5:40 PM Post #98 of 125
Aug 27, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #100 of 125
Judas Priest

or

Helloween thanks to the Andi Deris era 1994's Master of the Rings to the present.(7 albums so far with a new one in October
dt880smile.png
)

Aug 27, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #101 of 125

Quote:

So it's a tie?

dunno , floyd were pretty big from when i was 18 years old and i got into rock  but miles in the last 2-3 years is a ****in tornado destroying everything in his way

i can't compare them musically or sonically.so i'll just put both in 1st place....

Aug 27, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #102 of 125
Andrew Bird is definitely the artist that I have loved the most and for the longest time, but alas, I don't love him anymore.  In fact I barely ever listen to him nowadays.  Even so, I feel like it would be untrue for me to say my favorite musician is anyone besides Andrew Bird.  The only other musician that has established a comparable combination of admiration and listening time from me is John Darnielle with The Mountain Goats, who I still enjoy now.  But I can't pick TMG when I think back to that summer like 3-4 years ago when I didn't really have a lot of music (I was probably like 11-12) and the only thing I listened to was The Mysterious Production of Eggs on repeat.  Funny thing is I still don't even know the lyrics of most of the songs.

Aug 30, 2010 at 9:21 PM Post #103 of 125

My favourite musician is probably the composer Maurice Ravel. In truth Ravel is a minor composer when compared with the giants such as Bach, Mozart or Beethoven.

Ravel is very much an impressionist, like his peer Claude Debussy. Ravel shines his impressionist light upon the exotic to be found in Spanish culture or in his piece Tzigane, Roma folk music amongst may other things. His orchestrations are truly remarkable, so full of colour and different shades of light.

Those films where time-lapse photography is used to show a flower growing remind me of Maurice Ravel. I think Ravel captures something about that fascination which comes from watching the flower grow. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back