Favorite Music............
Oct 29, 2011 at 1:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

cynusalisa

New Head-Fier
[size=12.0pt]What type of music do you like to listen most?[/size]
[size=12.0pt]Hello Friends,[/size]
[size=12.0pt]I am a big fan of the music. I like to listen rap music, classical music & piano tones also..I fell always relief and happy when I listen this type of music...I enjoy myself through these music...Do you like music if yes then what type of music?[/size]

Oct 29, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #2 of 14
Jazz
Country
40s R&B and Jump Blues
Easy Listening and Pop Vocals
50s Rock n' Roll
Classical

Oct 29, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #3 of 14
Classic Jazz 
Symphony Orchestra
Female Vocals
Post-Rock

I listen to a lot more but those are what im currently liking a lot.
Also i hope all of us listen to music, but there is probably people here that drop $2000 for better sine wave reproduction.

Nov 22, 2011 at 5:02 AM Post #6 of 14
Industrial Rock, Hardstyle, Drum n Bass and Vocaloid. 
biggrin.gif
 Blue Stahli and Celldweller FTW!!! 

Nov 22, 2011 at 6:06 AM Post #8 of 14

Quote:
Classic Jazz 
Symphony Orchestra
Female Vocals
Post-Rock

I listen to a lot more but those are what im currently liking a lot.
Also i hope all of us listen to music, but there is probably people here that drop $2000 for better sine wave reproduction.

Post-Rock, like who?  The only post-rock band I know of is Russian Circles, what are some other bands that are similar?
Thanks

Nov 22, 2011 at 3:11 PM Post #9 of 14

Quote:
Post-Rock, like who?  The only post-rock band I know of is Russian Circles, what are some other bands that are similar?
Thanks

Im really liking And So I Watch You From Afar, Pelican and Tortoise right now, and Russian Circles but thats no help to you.  ASIWYFA and Pelican are more like Russian Circles, and Tortoise is... well Tortoise.  Here is a good thread about Post Rock. http://www.head-fi.org/t/492949

Nov 22, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #11 of 14
Pipe organ music.....Ambient Electronic....classic rock.....progressive rock....classical music.....
Pretty much anything other than RAP or Hip-Hop, just can not get into those. I know country is big now, but I only have some of the older country classics on my iPOD, none of the current new country music.

Nov 23, 2011 at 4:00 AM Post #13 of 14
Classical. There's always something new to discover. Easily the most radical and creative genre. Plus a few hundred years of composition. Classical kicks ass.

Next is jazz. Not as deep as classical, but loads of innovation over decades. Plenty to discover and love.

Country is a lot like jazz and might be the most underappreciated genre. Too many overlook it, but you'll find excellent compositions and musicians all over. I wish more people would listen to country - it is wonderful.

I also have a love for alternative rock from the 1980s through the mid-1990s. I grew up with this music. Some nostalgia, but there was innovation, too. In some ways, the New Wave reminds me of early rock from the 1950s, which I also like.

I don't have much depth in it (yet), but World Music is great, too. Lots and lots of subgenres. One I love is Afropop. It always makes me happy.

Nov 23, 2011 at 4:14 AM Post #14 of 14
I'm with you on 1, 2 and 3, Uncle Erik. But after that, I would list 50s popular music and pop vocals, then early R&B and jump blues, then 50s rock n roll and rockabilly, then latin music. I wouldn't get to 70s and 80s alternative rock until after Hindu nose flute music, Mongolian throat singing and Gregorian chant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back