Favorite movie lines
Mar 3, 2005 at 5:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 101

MetalManCPA

500+ Head-Fier
These aren't the "greatest" lines or most famous in Hollywood terms, but in the context of the movie they were in I have always enjoyed these lines:

From Misery, when James Caan is about to bash Kathy Bates skull in with the typewriter: "Eat this you sick twisted *****"

The Thing, after the doctor has his hands bit off, Norris's head goes to the floor and turns into a spider-like creature and tries to escape. Palmer says as he looks at the head crawl away: "You gotta be *****ing kidding"

And one more from The Thing: after the blood testing is complete, Garry states: "I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter TIED TO THIS *****ING COUCH!"

From the original Planet of the Apes, Charlton Heston: "Get your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape"

From The Wizard of Oz:
Dorothy: "Are you doing that on purpose, or can’t you make up your mind?"
Scarecrow: "That’s the trouble. I can’t make up my mind. I haven’t got a brain. Just straw."
Dorothy: "How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?"
Scarecrow: "I don't know. But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?"

EDIT: I had no idea this forum automatically eradicated "bad" words. Hmmm, not sure how I feel about that, but that's another topic for another day.

Mar 3, 2005 at 6:36 AM Post #4 of 101
Ok...since you're so smart
icon10.gif
where are these from?

"I couldn't help it...it just popped into my head!"

"Does anyone here speak Jive?"

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick *ss. And I'm all out of bubble gum."

"Come on over here and I'll bite your head off!"

"1...2...3...4." "My god, that's the code on my luggage!"

"I am standing here beside myself!"

"OK. Now which one o' you guys hit me?!"

"Snakes. Why'd it hafta be snakes?"

"If you call me Francis, I'll kill you. ...and if any of you ***** touch my stuff, I'll kill you." "Ok, lighten up, Francis!"

"There's something wrong with us...something very, very wrong with us!"

Mar 3, 2005 at 7:06 AM Post #5 of 101
"Daddy, are you sure this is okay?" -Lori Petti, Tank Girl

I don't remember the exact words but Vin's "50 fights" intimidation speech from Knockaround Guys

"I'm going to break precedent and tell you my one candle wish, that you would have a life as lucky as mine. Where you could wake up one morning and say "I don't want anything more." Sixty-five years, don't they go by in a blink." -Anthony Hopkins, Meet Joe Black

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality that is beyond your comprehension, and you will not be counting the days or the months or the years but the milleniums in a place with no doors." -Brad Pitt, Meet Joe Black

Mar 3, 2005 at 7:10 AM Post #6 of 101
From Blazing Saddles;
" I offer a laurel, and hardy handshake to our new ......"
From Addams Family Values;
"Be afraid, be very afraid"
From Kentucky Fried Movie, spoken to a gaurd dog that was barking;
"This is not a shewade, twy it again with feewing"
From Used Cars;
"That's too ****ing high!"
From Blazing Saddles;
"Badges, we don't need no stinking badges"
From Natural Born Killers;
"Is there such a thing as a copless town?"

Mar 3, 2005 at 7:14 AM Post #8 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Creep
I love just about every line from the Big Lebowski. But if I had to choose one in particular...

Jesus Quintana: "Nobody screws with the Jesus."

My favorite one from that movie is when Lebowski matter of factly says, "Does the Pope s*** in the woods?" when asked if he wants another White Russian.

Mar 3, 2005 at 7:23 AM Post #9 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevesurf
Ok...since you're so smart
icon10.gif
where are these from?

"Come on over here and I'll bite your head off!"

"1...2...3...4." "My god, that's the code on my luggage!"

"Snakes. Why'd it hafta be snakes?"

The Black Knight, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

Spaceballs

Harrison Ford, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Mar 3, 2005 at 7:47 AM Post #10 of 101
"...My father taught me many things here - he taught me in this room. He taught me - keep your friends close but your enemies closer." - Michael Corleone, The Godfather - Part II.

Mar 3, 2005 at 10:04 AM Post #13 of 101
"This one here goes to eleven"
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2005 at 11:10 AM Post #14 of 101
Fun thread!

"Suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. Then all of a sudden, somebody says 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp,' out of the blue, no explanation. And there's no point in looking for one. It's all part of a cosmic unconsciousness."

"It's not my g*ddamn planet...understand, monkey-boy?"

"....everybody's on their feet, yelling 'Kill! Kill! Kill!" THIS..IS..HOCKEY....!"

Mar 3, 2005 at 11:12 AM Post #15 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fizzmix
"I was cured alright!" - A Clockwork Orange

I also like, "No time for the old in-out, love; just here to read the meter" (same scene)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back