Favorite Led Zeppelin song? [NO STAIRWAY!!! ;)]
Oct 7, 2008 at 3:34 AM Post #31 of 50
I like Babe I'm gonna Leave you, No quarter and Kashmir the best.

Oct 7, 2008 at 4:55 AM Post #32 of 50
My favorite snog of theirs is probably "The Immigrant Song". I don't know why but probably cuz it just rocks out... oh and I like vikings too. hehe

I also like:
"Achilles Last Stand"
"No Quarter"
"Communication Breakdown"
"Whole Lotta Love"
"All My Love"

Ryan

Oct 7, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #34 of 50
when the levee breaks...hands down... bonham is ridiculous...it really shows how hard he hits the drums. you can just feel how hard hes hitting them

close second...what is and what should never be...dont know just love how it starts out so pretty mellow then rocks out...slows down...rocks out. love it.

Oct 7, 2008 at 5:50 AM Post #35 of 50
Let's see, I don't have the whole discography so I can only base it off what I have and what I have heard on the radio. But, here are some of my favorites in no particular order,

All of My Love
Kashmir
Immigrant Song
Ramble On
The Ocean
No Quarter

Oct 7, 2008 at 5:55 AM Post #36 of 50
"KASHMIR" the lyrics are so crazily mysterious....

Oct 7, 2008 at 6:50 AM Post #38 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
David... I'd never chew you out. (YOU ****!)

That was funny! Thanks.

...and on that note, I was thinking about "Babe I'm Going To Leave You." I was thinking about how run-of-the-mill the lyrics are yet Zeppelin still made the song a masterpiece. Tonight I was thinking about it and I remembered a quote by Jasper Johns who said, "It is not what you say, but how you say it."

Oct 7, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #40 of 50
Why no Stairway?
Eliminating the potential favorite for lots of Head-Fi'ers, including me... Hmmm

Hence I am unable to list my favorite Zeppelin song.

Oct 11, 2008 at 8:27 AM Post #41 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why no Stairway?
Eliminating the potential favorite for lots of Head-Fi'ers, including me... Hmmm

Hence I am unable to list my favorite Zeppelin song.

I may have been a little bit too esoteric with my sarcasm there. "No Stairway!" is an unwritten (and occasionally written) rule in guitar stores, primarily directed toward noobs. If you play STH, you will get the dirtiest looks imaginable. So, yea, I don't care if you discuss why STH is your favorite song (we actually discussed its merits a bit earlier). Go deep...
smily_headphones1.gif
. I went so far as to say it has made me cry (the live version)! I never cry!
biggrin.gif

Oct 11, 2008 at 10:11 AM Post #42 of 50
Babe I'm gonna Leave you
Immigrant Song
Whole Lotta Love
Since I've Been Loving You....and Stairway To Heaven
tongue.gif

Oct 14, 2008 at 1:37 PM Post #44 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I may have been a little bit too esoteric with my sarcasm there. "No Stairway!" is an unwritten (and occasionally written) rule in guitar stores, primarily directed toward noobs. If you play STH, you will get the dirtiest looks imaginable. So, yea, I don't care if you discuss why STH is your favorite song (we actually discussed its merits a bit earlier). Go deep...
smily_headphones1.gif
. I went so far as to say it has made me cry (the live version)! I never cry!
biggrin.gif

Ok, not problem.
I just wondered, since you asked for our favorite song but eliminated their best known song...

So Stairway to heaven it is then, for me.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back