Favorite Junk Food
Mar 29, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #138 of 255
I don't eat chicken sandwiches all that often, but I've gotten caught up in the Popeyes chicken sandwich hype. And it deep seem to meet the hype.

I checked out Chick-fil-A today, and it was kinda disappointing (My reference is Popeyes). I didn't like the exterior battering used on it. It seemed more like a breading than how Popeyes does it. Popeyes is just like the way they fry their chicken, it's crispy on the outside. Waffle fries are good, but the Chicken sandwich seems to be pretty basic to be honest. It puzzles me that it took this long to make chicken sandwiches like Popeyes. You'd think somebody considered making the exterior of the chicken patty like the crispiness of the fried chicken. Popeyes can pull it off easily because they fry theirs highly crispy.

I even like the choice of buns used by Popeyes. Buns work really well.

Chick-fil-A
Jul19_CFASandwich_pdp.png

Popeyes
EBzoEDVX4AAbUS7.0.jpeg

Last edited:
May 6, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #139 of 255
I’ve recently discovered Chili Pakora. It’s an Indian deep fried hot chili pepper. It’s a nice snack. But it’s spicy and hot so be warned. Although I haven’t tried it with beer, I think it will go well with it. I also think Mexicans or Mexican food lovers will like this since it kind of reminds me a little bit of the famous chilie relleno dish.

89F9BB9D-2FF9-4E34-823A-03E5DE1D4AE0.jpeg

May 6, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #140 of 255
I’ve recently discovered Chili Pakora. It’s an Indian deep fried hot chili pepper. It’s a nice snack. But it’s spicy and hot so be warned. Although I haven’t tried it with beer, I think it will go well with it. I also think Mexicans or Mexican food lovers will like this since it kind of reminds me a little bit of the famous chilie relleno dish.

89F9BB9D-2FF9-4E34-823A-03E5DE1D4AE0.jpeg

I did see these at an Indian buffet and looked interesting, but was not sure how it would go with butter chick peas and other Indian food I was planning to eat. You need a quite adventurous pallet to eat at an Indian buffet. :wink:

May 6, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #142 of 255
I did see these at an Indian buffet and looked interesting, but was not sure how it would go with butter chick peas and other Indian food I was planning to eat. You need a quite adventurous pallet to eat at an Indian buffet. :wink:

I’m not an expert on Indian food since I did not eat it as a child but from my experience I’ve experimented on trying to make it at home. I’ve come to realize that some spices might be too strong so if there is a food item you don’t like, maybe it has too much of that one spice and should be dialed back in the recipe or omitted. There should be a balance of flavors.... kind of like an orchestra of different instruments.

Typically if someone does not really eat Indian food, they will usually like chicken tikka masala which is a mild smooth dish. (Yes I know some purists will argue it’s not authentic but it still tastes good)

May 6, 2021 at 8:33 PM Post #144 of 255
I’m not an expert on Indian food since I did not eat it as a child but from my experience I’ve experimented on trying to make it at home. I’ve come to realize that some spices might be too strong so if there is a food item you don’t like, maybe it has too much of that one spice and should be dialed back in the recipe or omitted. There should be a balance of flavors.... kind of like an orchestra of different instruments.

Typically if someone does not really eat Indian food, they will usually like chicken tikka masala which is a mild smooth dish. (Yes I know some purists will argue it’s not authentic but it still tastes good)

Well, I have an Indian-Portuguese (?) friend that had his mom make food for us a long time ago, and I did think of the food being plain, as I could not tell much difference between Indian and Thai food at that time, but I can to appreciate different varieties of dry spices that she used for different meats, vegetables, and grains. I even remember my friend complaining to his mom about eating couscous with lamb and vegetables, which I made a lot of jokes about that whole situation. :)

Many of the Indian restaurants in my area do get a bunch of spices from halal food markets, or at least Indo-Pak markets, and I have heard of a few unique dishes at these restaurants with these spices. Of course, I know that the sauces that these dishes may have are safe to eat and I even like many spicy foods...but the variations make eating at buffets tough...especially when you are trying to try out new stuff as much as you can. Funny...Indian cuisine is much like American BBQ with the variations in sauces, only BBQ is mostly meat and Indian is pretty much everything.

May 13, 2021 at 6:59 AM Post #145 of 255
t’s an Indian deep fried hot chili pepper. It’s a nice snack. But it’s spicy and hot so be warned. Although I haven’t tried it with beer, I think it will go well with it. I also think Mexicans or Mexican food lovers will like this since it kind of reminds me a little bit of the famous chilie relleno dish.

When I travelled way back 2 years ago in Asia, they called this "Dynamite" because of its spicy flavor. It has a chili pepper with cheese inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back