Favorite Junk Food
Jun 14, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #76 of 255
The Hot Brown sandwich is made with butter and bacon and was invented in Louisville, Kentucky in 1926.

The strange thing is that most Americans have never heard of it but it’s actually delicious. It’s extremely hard to find unless if you’re in Louisville, KY. I especially love this sandwich with whiskey cocktails which would be a Kentucky tradition.

Too cheeZy for my taste. I'm probably one of the few that don't like in-n-out burgers. Too much cheeze in it. The nasty bigMac type mayo sauce with crap tons of cheeze makes me barf. I really don't understand what the deal is about? Five Guys is way better. Fat burger was pretty good as well with the egg in the burger. I would also take Smash burger over in-in-out.

You have to quickly eat in-n-out foods, or they go south quickly, particularly their fries. They don't last like McDonald's fries, which is probably the best fastfood fries. In-n-out is over-rated as hell. Poor quality bread like Bigmac bread?! Everything is cheap.

Also, in-in-out burger's cheeZe fries is just slice of american cheeze microwaved. That's crappy cheezy fries. Pretty disgusting quality cheeze for cheeze fries IMO. Real good cheeze fries are the ones with cheeze dip that doesn't get solid quickly.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #77 of 255
One of the best quality burger's are BGood. Their ingredients are very high quality including their ketchup, which actually tastes like tomatoes being homemade style ketchup. They are more of a gourmet burgers, but the taste is absolutely worth it!

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #78 of 255
Chicago style pizza. Thick coating of cheeze on top that you can't even see the other ingrediants. Must include sweet tomato sauce, mushrooms, onions, green peppers, and most importantly, must have italian sausage.

You can tell easily by the way it looks and tastes. The way the cheeze looks is undeniable. If not, it's not Chicago style.

f041462f-cba9-4ac4-839f-bbff74bd6e27.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #80 of 255
Parmesan truffle fries.

Jul 16, 2020 at 6:42 PM Post #81 of 255
I love the Sloppy Joe sandwich. It was more popular back in the 1950s and now one of those food items that seems out dated but its still worthy. I love it with potato chips. Supposedly it’s easy to make so I’m gonna make it this year.

22155AAF-8938-4D6C-9A17-A3B44E239592.jpeg

Jul 16, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #82 of 255
I love the Sloppy Joe sandwich. It was more popular back in the 1950s and now one of those food items that seems out dated but its still worthy. I love it with potato chips. Supposedly it’s easy to make so I’m gonna make it this year.

I recall it being popular in the late 80's, early 90's as well. I could swear they served sloppy joe in school cafeterias. I totally forgot them over the years, but they are tasty junk food IMO. Kinda want one right now that you mention it. Would be convenient if I could just drive by a burger joint that serves em.

Did they stop serving it in schools? I'm obviously out of touch with what is put out in schools.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #83 of 255
Well, I think it was probably served in school cafeterias and probably still even today. The reason why I think so is because the ingredients are relatively cheap. It’s basically cheap ground meat with ketchup, some sugar, onion or onion powder, etc....

Jul 30, 2020 at 10:29 PM Post #84 of 255
The Cuban Sandwich. This is a popular sandwich in Miami. Outside of Florida it’s difficult to find so most Americans do not know about it. But it’s a great sandwich to have in Miami and also great to have with a Mojito cocktail which is the most famous cocktail in Miami.

4088EE8E-300C-453C-A832-2BCCFD9FCDC1.jpeg

Aug 2, 2020 at 10:28 PM Post #85 of 255
Not sure if this is junk food but I just had an instant noodle version of Pho for the first time. I was shocked at how good it was !...Of course, it won’t taste as robust as the restaurant/homemade version but it holds up well. Perfect for a late night meal if your local Pho restaurant is closed and you’re craving a taste. If you can find a Vietnamese supermarket, grab a bunch of these.

E0CA9AA9-9AF7-4AD1-A543-239D5F5F5F9A.jpeg

Aug 2, 2020 at 11:34 PM Post #86 of 255
Not sure if this is junk food but I just had an instant noodle version of Pho for the first time. I was shocked at how good it was !...Of course, it won’t taste as robust as the restaurant/homemade version but it holds up well. Perfect for a late night meal if your local Pho restaurant is closed and you’re craving a taste. If you can find a Vietnamese supermarket, grab a bunch of these.

I can't imagine instant pho tasting even close to actual pho. Most important thing about pho is the real ingredients in the soup such as the beef slices, and/or tendon/trip/meat balls, etc.. with real vegetables, and the mint leaf that causes that flavoring in the broth. Instant noodles can't mimic pho rice noodles.

I think stuff that works best as instant noodles are stuff like Shin Ramyun or neoguri, Chapagetti, etc.. which should be differentiated from Ramen, and are real junk food that's not good for you. I have not tried ramdon yet, which is mix of Chapagetti and Shin Ramyun. There's quite a bit of irony in the mix used in the movie. The mixture of high quality expensive beef cut with cheap instant noodles.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2020 at 11:46 PM Post #87 of 255
No. You should try it. The broth has a beefy taste that is pretty similar to actual Pho. I know it sounds crazy but it’s actually good.

Of course. The real pho is better but you’ll be surprised how the instant version holds up. Try that particular brand in the photo if you can find it.

I don’t know any information about that brand since I’m new to instant pho so it’s a mystery to me.

As I’ve stated, the real pho is better but I’m pretty impressed with this instant version. I know it sounds crazy and it sounds like it doesn’t make sense.

Aug 6, 2020 at 11:32 PM Post #88 of 255
Salo is pure pork fat that’s eaten in Russia and Ukraine. I like it a lot and you can find it in Russian food stores in America. This is an old style food.

But perhaps it’s not really junk food because if you’re outside in the cold Russian winters doing outside physical work in the fields, maybe it’s good for the body.

674D4701-B2C8-46AA-8F0E-D3AD54E55C16.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #89 of 255
Kind of boring but, i really like goldfish crackers. Ever since i was a kid it was my go-to and i've never been able to grow out of them.
I've had so many that i can tell the difference between batches. Sometimes ill get a disappointing box.

I'm really a sucker for anything crunchy and salty tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Back