Favorite Junk Food
Nov 14, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #46 of 255
lamb gyros in Chicago Greek town

Gyros.jpg

Nov 14, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #47 of 255
The last two makes my mouth water. Luv Gyros, and that hot sauce fried chicken! Looks like a nice ghetto soul flavor.

Anybody had porkchop sandwich? Dat's right, porkchop sandwiches.

pork-chop-sand.jpg

Nov 14, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #49 of 255
Well, I'm gonna catch hell for saying this. I love Jack In The Box's Sourdough Jack.

My favorite snack junk food is Planters Dry Roasted Peanuts with Hereshy Kiss's. Kind of a do it yourself chocolate peanut cluster.

So glad @Spareribs resurrected a necrothread. Effin miss the Chicken Mushroom Melt. So good it took the sales of the Jack-In-The-Box’s burgers and they had to ax it. Also love Japanese coated peanuts, usually found at various Asian markets.

Ate two double-decker white cheddar roast beef sandwiches today. Roast beef and black Forest ham is next.

Hey, a chicken mushroom melt recipe:

https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/chicken/grilled-chicken-mushroom-melt.html

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #51 of 255
Interesting. I wonder why Nashville so hot on spicy fried chicken? Generally, buffalo wings are made in the same style. Fried, and then mixed with hot sauces.

For something different, here's Korean fried chicken, double fried. It's got an interesting outer crispy shell caramelization. Different flavors, but soy sauce is common I think. I know of Bon Chon Chicken in the US, but I'm sure there are other brands.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #53 of 255
The Nashville and Buffalo chicken is very different in flavor. I prefer the Nashville chicken by a large margin.

For Korean fried chicken, I prefer the mild version and a Korean chicken place that makes it with rice or potato starch because the starch gives it that unique crispy quality that is excellent and super crunchy. And I like to dip it in a spicy mayonnaise sauce if the place has it.

Nov 15, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #55 of 255
The Tomahawk ribeye steak is a huge gorgeous steak that makes you feel like a caveman. Not the best thing for your arteries but this is a thread about great junk food.

Nov 24, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #59 of 255
I've been into Popeye's Chicken sandwiches lately. The chicken patty may taste same to other chicken sandwiches if crunchiness is lost, but I think that's what set's Popeyes one apart, the exterior crunchy area is well done (it's not an ordinary chicken patty). Also the bun. Just the right type for chicken sandwich. Pickles with mayo, yum. I did fall into the hype, but it does seem pretty good.

UKCJ5SYYVNB3JIB7N7CQXUTGYU.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019 at 6:30 PM Post #60 of 255
I need to try the new Popeyes fried chicken sandwich . The line is long though,

On a side note, about 15 years ago I discovered Popeyes Chicken restaurant and really liked it. I tried to spread the word since most people had not known about Popeyes back then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back