Favorite Headphone Moments in Songs
Jan 27, 2008 at 7:45 AM Post #16 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by dgbiker1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You need to check out the Vaka album, it has the original + 3 variations. Amazing stuff and it's free on SR's site.

where is it..i looked under the download section and could only find one live version, which i'm enjoying now..

thanks for the reply.. i really wanna find this.

Also, have you found that sigur ros tracks tend to have a considerable deal of static noise (hiss) and minimal sound stage compared to other albums. My hd595s make them sound great but i found other records to be much more soundstagy. Or is this just my rips of them?

Jan 27, 2008 at 7:51 AM Post #17 of 39
guitar solo in Collective souls Heavy.. comes to mind.

Jan 27, 2008 at 8:25 AM Post #18 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian loves music /img/forum/go_quote.gif
where is it..i looked under the download section and could only find one live version, which i'm enjoying now..

thanks for the reply.. i really wanna find this.

Also, have you found that sigur ros tracks tend to have a considerable deal of static noise (hiss) and minimal sound stage compared to other albums. My hd595s make them sound great but i found other records to be much more soundstagy. Or is this just my rips of them?

Somewhere on their site is (was? I can't find it now) a link to their FTP site where there are bootlegs of live shows, unreleased songs & albums, soundtracks, etc...
I find that () is a little noisy, but I thought that was because I bought it off iTunes and the bitrate might have to do with that. Hvarf/Heim and Takk sound pretty good though, and the small soundstage is expected on my Grados
smily_headphones1.gif
That said, I think Agaetis Byrjun and () are so epic that you almost have to listen to them through speakers to get the full effect. The acoustic portion of Hvarf/Heim is amazing on headphones though, especially Von.
EDIT: Found the FTP links towards the bottom of this page, it's in one of those archives: sigur rós - frequently asked questions

Apr 16, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #20 of 39
The first 30 seconds of  Papa Legba, from the Talking Heads album True Stories. Try to follow the sounds orbiting in and around your head.

Apr 18, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #21 of 39
Diane Krall - Live in Paris 07 'Devil may care'
near the end of the song, the fantastic drum playing. This is how a good acoustical drumkit really sounds like, scary soundstage

The Who - 'Pinball wizard'
first 30 seconds, 'stereo sound', clean rock guitars

Dire Straits 'Money for Nothing'
classic intro, I can still enjoy that very much

Apr 19, 2011 at 7:29 AM Post #22 of 39

Quote:
Diane Krall - Live in Paris 07 'Devil may care'
near the end of the song, the fantastic drum playing. This is how a good acoustical drumkit really sounds like, scary soundstage

The Who - 'Pinball wizard'
first 30 seconds, 'stereo sound', clean rock guitars

Dire Straits 'Money for Nothing'
classic intro, I can still enjoy that very much

Why can't all albums sound as phenomenal as this recording? The jam halfway through this song and the drum solo in particular sounds great through the HD650.

Apr 19, 2011 at 7:40 AM Post #23 of 39
^ yeah

Try Eva Cassidy - Live at Blues Alley, if you haven't already

Apr 19, 2011 at 7:42 AM Post #24 of 39
Listening to Kid A at the moment. Everything In Its Right Place is such an apt title.

I agree with the OP. That crescendo in Let Down is such a pinnacle for Radiohead.

Apr 19, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #25 of 39
+1

Quote:
John Butler Trio - Ocean - Live at St. Gallen. When he really gets into the song strumming as intently as as he can at 9 mins in, with the crowd cheering at the top of their voices, it blows me away. The remaining 2-odd minutes are intense to say the very least.

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Little Wing and Chitlins Con Carne on The Sky is Crying. The CD was AAD way back when and the intensity of every note he plays is incredible.

May 7, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #29 of 39
The beginning of "Just for Now" by Imogen Heap where her voice is bouncing back and forth between the L and R channels. The multi-tracked doppler-effect vocals sound just eargasmic in my RS-2s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back