Favorite French Fries
Mar 9, 2006 at 2:03 AM Post #17 of 57
Sorry nothing can beat the orginal Belgian fries. In NYC they have a cool place call Pommes Frites (fried potatoes), that serve what fries should taste like.
biggrin.gif
I love their variety on diff. dips.

Mar 9, 2006 at 2:50 AM Post #20 of 57
I would have voted:
California burger
my own
In N OUt
Mc Donald's
but since i wanted to make the statement that McDonald's is better at fries than the rest of those up there i chose McDonald's

Mar 9, 2006 at 2:53 AM Post #21 of 57
I know they are extremely unhealthy but to me McD's has the best ones.

Mar 9, 2006 at 3:00 AM Post #22 of 57
I picked "other". I don't know if the Swiss Chalet bbq chicken franchise is in the U.S. or not, but IMO, their fries blow away all those mentioned in the poll. The best fries however, are usually available at most independent mom and pop fish & chip shops found in every town and city.

Mar 9, 2006 at 3:10 AM Post #23 of 57
omgwtfbbq? burger king

Mar 9, 2006 at 3:27 AM Post #24 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by sagocup
Sorry nothing can beat the orginal Belgian fries. In NYC they have a cool place call Pommes Frites (fried potatoes), that serve what fries should taste like.
biggrin.gif
I love their variety on diff. dips.

My fav as well, the real deal with a bit of salt and some malt vinegar. My favorite burger joint, Paul's, is right up the block.

Mar 9, 2006 at 3:44 AM Post #25 of 57
There's a hot dog chain in Houston called James Coney Island (not sure of their regional reach). Their fries are pretty ordinary actually, but the chili & cheese version is my personal favorite. Add them to a couple of cheese coneys & it's junk food heaven. Absolutely no nutritional value whatsoever, but hey, you live once.

Sonic's chili & cheese fries are pretty good too.

Peace,

Graz

Mar 9, 2006 at 3:56 AM Post #26 of 57
Arby's curly fries are comfort food! That or the campus french fries with special ketchup, thats hard to beat.

Mar 9, 2006 at 5:06 AM Post #29 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by mega

Checkers gets overlooked..they have tasty fries too.

YES! I agree.

Mar 9, 2006 at 5:08 AM Post #30 of 57
McDonalds fries aren't even made entirely with potatoes - only the core is potato, the outside is wheat starch with beef fat flavoring.

In-n-out are OK as long as you ask for them well done. That said, there are so many places that have much better fries, you can't begin to make an exhaustive list.

In San Francisco, I like Barney's curly fries with ranch dressing, the shoestring fries at Zuni, the Pont Neuf fries in duck fat from Bar Tartine, and the Belgian-style fries in a paper cone from Frjtz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back