Favorite French Fries
Mar 9, 2006 at 5:11 AM Post #31 of 57
mmmm....my cholesterol levels are already climbing from all this fries talk
tongue.gif

Mar 9, 2006 at 6:32 AM Post #33 of 57
In Athens, there is a place called K-BOB and their fries are the best. I think they sell the belgium type fries with season salt. Yumm!

Mar 9, 2006 at 7:01 AM Post #35 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by aznsensazian
In Athens, there is a place called K-BOB and their fries are the best. I think they sell the belgium type fries with season salt. Yumm!

Good call
eggosmile.gif

Mar 9, 2006 at 1:23 PM Post #36 of 57
Wendy's is rock solid. Always crispy and full of flavor. Although, I am fond of steak fries served in diners.

aznsensazian, agreed. There used to be a belgian fry place on West 4th in Manhattan and their fries were great. They converted to some fancy eatery so the fries are gone, as far as I can tell. I should go in there one day and see if they still serve them. Long, crispy and full of flavor, yum! They tasted like they were fresh cut from potatoes too which, imho, screams quality.

My mom makes a solid french fry, fresh cut from Biggin's potatoes purchased from Costco. Pan fried, they are damn good.

Mar 9, 2006 at 2:58 PM Post #37 of 57
So this begs the questions

Shoestring
Steak Fries
Curly Fries
Smothererd Fries (Chili or cheese or sour cream etc...)
Tater Tots?

I'm a shoestring or tater tots kinda guy...

Mar 9, 2006 at 3:08 PM Post #39 of 57
Agreed with PsychoZX on the Checkers/Rallys (I did their "Fully Loaded" fries once. Cheese, chili, bacon, ranch dressing). I think I gained 20 pounds from that little box. Where else can you go for a triple cheeseburger, the biggest drink and fries for $5?

I like Chik-fil-a's waffle fries because you can really soak up the fatty sauces with them. Like getting chicken nuggets or strips and lots of honey mustard.

Wendys was my vote because I've got McD's, BK, Arby's, and Wendy's within a few miles and usually when I need my fast food fix I hit up Wendy's. The one near me has pretty good control of their fries whereas at the others you never know what you'll end up with. Also at Wendy's I"ll take a look at them in the bag and if they aren't fresh I'll hand them back and get a ceaser salad. Anywhere else you have to live with it or wait for a fresh batch.

Mar 9, 2006 at 4:02 PM Post #40 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by hongda
So this begs the questions

Shoestring
Steak Fries
Curly Fries
Smothererd Fries (Chili or cheese or sour cream etc...)
Tater Tots?

I'm a shoestring or tater tots kinda guy...

I'm a steak fry kind of guy since i'm Greek and you know how Greeks and Diners seem to go hand in hand.
biggrin.gif

Although, I could go for any kind of fry minus the smothered type, I don't like anyone seasoning my fries except me. I'm not found of cheese on fries not sour cream and I have never tried chili (seriously).

A smidgen of salt, pepper and ketchup on the side to dip my fries in makes me a happy customer.

What about how fries are cooked? Well done? Light? Crispy? Soggy?

I notice that Wendy's typically serves 'em crispy or just right while McD's are often soggy/limpy. I prefer my fries well done because some places have a tendency to undercook them.

Mar 9, 2006 at 4:33 PM Post #44 of 57
definitely "other." for me it's a tie between:

Nectar's in Burlington, Vermont (gravy fries, groovy music)
Pommes Frites in the East Village, NYC (double-fried crunch, 30 dipping sauces)

Mar 10, 2006 at 12:52 AM Post #45 of 57
Nathan's cheese fries beat all of the options, but if I had to go with one, it would be McD's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back