Favorite Film Scores
May 8, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #49 of 107
Quote:
I am not a big soundtrack fan but I really like Blade Runner......

Which version?
rolleyes.gif

May 8, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #51 of 107
"Gone Baby gone" with Casey Affleck was great, harry gregson-williams at his finest..

May 9, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #53 of 107
Yep, he did man on fire's soundtrack. 

May 19, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #55 of 107

absolutely love this one by harry gregson-williams and david buckley.  love this mashup also.  the electric guitar part induces goosebumps
ksc75smile.gif
  an amazing soundtrack to go with an amazing movie.

May 20, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #56 of 107
if anyone has any favorite movie scenes/ accompanying scores to contribute, here is the place  http://www.head-fi.org/t/600927/favorite-movie-scene-accompanying-favorite-song-soundtrack-and-why

May 27, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #57 of 107
I started listening to metal (beginning with industrial metal subgenre) with the tracks in "The One" (2001) starring Jet Li, there was Papa Roach, Linkin Park, Godsmack, Disturbed and most importantly Drowning Pool's first album in it (all of these bands at least one track in the score). I still think the moments where these tracks are played in the movie are epic :p, but I owe so much to these bands, after I watched the movie.

I like some theme songs, the themes of Avatar, the theme of Edward Scissorhands, Princess Mononoke also, Dirty Dancing, Bambi, but I'm not interested enough to know the name of their creator/tors (I know a few of them though). But yeah, I don't listen to the whole soundtrack, sometimes you need the moving images in front of you to understand what's going on and appreciate the music. Although the credits roll, the big climaxes themes, and some other musical sequences are oftentimes very good. I just pick those main songs and the theme, etc... same thing for video game sound tracks.

"A Wild Hare" by Spastic Ink, a song made from the music and the voices of Bambi

Sometimes it's a song I discover accidentally that prompts me to watch a movie. "Comptine d'été" of the Amélie soundtrack got me into the movie but I soon realized the track I liked was not representative of the movie at all. Even in Amélie's soundtrack I find that it doesn't fit. On the other hand the ending credits of "An American Crime" (2007) sung by Petra Haden is totally reminiscing of the movie as a whole, a horrifying and twisted true story.

If this doesn't give you the goosebumps..

We should also make a thread about comics opening themes:

May 29, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #60 of 107
I'll share my 2 cents.
These are my favorites, but I don't know how they are as stand alone albums, but it's some of the best visuals-music match, in my opinion. Also, it's a shame that most of the movies mentionned are some hollywood's junk.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - Morricone
Inland Empire - David Lynch
Trois couleurs (the trilogy) - Zbigniew Preisner
Apocalypse Now 
Eyes Wide Shut
Pan's Labyrinth - Javier Navarrete
Antichrist

Users who are viewing this thread

Back