Favorite Euphonic Non-Referance Headphone
Jan 1, 2007 at 2:42 AM Post #16 of 33
Well that'll be them there Stax 003s
icon10.gif

Jan 1, 2007 at 5:36 AM Post #17 of 33
If by "reference" you mean neutral, then my favorite is the W5000, as it is not neutral.

if by "reference" you mean not near the top end of price or performance, it's the DT531. The little bugger is so fun to listen to that I don't know if I'll ever bring myself to get rid of it, even though the DT990 is better in most respects.

Jan 1, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #18 of 33
Modded W5000s without a doubt; it's more euphonic than reference by a mile. I'll sit down to just listen to one or two songs, and end up listening to them for several hours straight without budging. You can ask Greg (phergus_25), because once I messaged him complaining about how much I needed to go to the bathroom, but I didn't want to get up because the music sounded so damn good!
blink.gif
eggosmile.gif

Jan 1, 2007 at 6:24 AM Post #20 of 33
I thought about snapping a picture of my RS1's draped over my black Rickenbacker bass, but my camera batteries are dead. You've been saved!

edit: kramer5150, you'll appreciate that as an 18-year old Rush-obsessed bassist, there was no other choice of instrument for me
biggrin.gif
I have a Geddy Lee sig Jazz bass as well
wink.gif

edit2: oh, and Chris Squire's rick sounds like GOD on the ole Stax setup. I have to presume you have Fish out of Water...?

Jan 1, 2007 at 7:20 AM Post #22 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by OpusRob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey, is that an Ibanez Artist? I have that same guitar! I don't have the RS-1's yet, though - but perhaps someday.

as far as fun is concerned, I get a kick out of my KSC-75's - a cheap thrill.

Its a hamer duo-tone import (not the USA model). I believe Cort is the Korean build house. It plays decently and sounds really good. Although I just can't seem to get used to the shorter scale length.

Jan 6, 2007 at 10:54 AM Post #23 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaseD13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
v sound means like a V shaped EQ. more emphasis on bass and highs than mids

Oh Ok, the Disco Smile.

Thanks for all the responses y'all...

...any more...
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2007 at 2:33 PM Post #26 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Modded W5000s without a doubt; it's more euphonic than reference by a mile. I'll sit down to just listen to one or two songs, and end up listening to them for several hours straight without budging. You can ask Greg (phergus_25), because once I messaged him complaining about how much I needed to go to the bathroom, but I didn't want to get up because the music sounded so damn good!
blink.gif
eggosmile.gif

Fitz, I'm a licensed contractor, I can move your toilet near your listening area, or better yet make it your listening chair. Add a little padding, a couple of arm rests, maybe even a cup holder. How 'bout a built in headphone stand/toilet paper holder?

Jan 6, 2007 at 5:19 PM Post #27 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fitz, I'm a licensed contractor, I can move your toilet near your listening area, or better yet make it your listening chair. Add a little padding, a couple of arm rests, maybe even a cup holder. How 'bout a built in headphone stand/toilet paper holder?

oh, lord - this sounds like absolute heaven!
tongue.gif
though can you add some sound deadening to the bowl to... uh... well mask the unpleasant sounds we humans can generate.
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back