Favorite canalphone of the moment
Feb 20, 2007 at 4:18 PM Post #407 of 414
Picked up one up over the weekend from CC. I am burning them now. They really sound good. I find the bass overpowering though. The deeper you insert into the ear the more exaggerated the bass is. So I don't press this thing deep into my ear to reduce the bass. I wear this to bed and find the tips uncomfortable. I have ordered a Shure foam and will see how that works. I also wanted to try a 3 flange earplugs, Etymotic style, and wanted to know if this will fit the JVC and whether this are more comfortable than the Shure foam for comfort and SQ.

This are the 3 flange earplugs I am thinking buying. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...DME:B:AAQ:US:1

Feb 20, 2007 at 7:32 PM Post #408 of 414
Quote:

Originally Posted by DVDIT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am burning them now.

Haha. Great image there. Thanks for the chuckle.
tongue.gif

Feb 22, 2007 at 12:13 AM Post #410 of 414
Hmmm, seeing as I have only heard Creative's EP-630, they are my favorite.

I hear people raving about JVC's Marshmallows a lot. Do they compare to the EP-630? My budget-minded boyfriend listens to really crappy headphones. I'd like to get him, however slowly, into the world of hi-fi. He claims he wouldn't be able to tell the difference between stock headphones and higher quality ones, and I'd like to rock his world!

Feb 23, 2007 at 5:22 AM Post #412 of 414
Just tried the e2c foamy tips, since my tips fell off / broke from the chilly Canadian weather / my abuse.

All I can say is welcome back to mids and his, and the bass I think actually gets... I'm trying to think of a audiophile word, but the best words I can think of is that the bass gets "better and tighter".

Feb 26, 2007 at 1:54 AM Post #413 of 414
I had read the first few pages of this thread when it started, but haven't read the newer posts to the end...however, I thought I would throw in my 2 cents...

My wife uses an H120 mostly for lineout connection to a stereo, but recently decided she would like some "earbuds" to wear while working out. She uses and likes my KSC-35's, but felt the clips were a hassle for that type of use.

Hearing you guys talk about the 'mellows, I mentioned to her that they may be good beaters for <$20.

We bought a set and I spent half an hour with them and not to be negative, but I can't see what the big deal is. They sound flat and dull with a muddy blanket of bass that reminds me of EX71's. I realize that I'm used to higher end IEM's...but I was thinking they would be almost in the ballpark of a ksc75 (not even close IMO...though they do isolate a little better than expected).

I have not modded them, maybe that is the secret. My wife is happy with them, so for her they are a good deal.

Jun 17, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #414 of 414
Quote:

Originally Posted by decript /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is the size of the foams that come with the Marshmallows in comparison with the Shure e2 foams? After hearing all the good things about the e2 foams, I want to order a pair but I don't know what size since the JVC foams slowly creep out of my ears.

I'd like to know too, same with the olive tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back