favorite bach solo violin recording
Jul 24, 2006 at 3:55 PM Post #17 of 22
Hey, I actually quite like Grumiaux's Bach recordings! Milstein's is very good too. I think I've got a DVD video of him playing it.

Jul 25, 2006 at 3:21 AM Post #18 of 22
Milstein is the reference for this music, but I think Heifetz is also quite incredible. Sergiu Luca has a very interesting historically informed recording that treads the work as predominantly polyphonic rather than chordal.

Aug 14, 2006 at 5:19 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by jagorev
Milstein is the reference for this music, but I think Heifetz is also quite incredible. Sergiu Luca has a very interesting historically informed recording that treads the work as predominantly polyphonic rather than chordal.

no szeryng?

Aug 15, 2006 at 5:31 AM Post #21 of 22
Milstein and Heifetz

Aug 15, 2006 at 11:08 AM Post #22 of 22
Szeryng I (1965) and Mullova.

I had milstein at the beginning because of reviews, but was not listening to it that much.

I got szeryng I (1965) recording after listeing to a 2 hours comparison of several recording on a french radio ( the comparison included both szeryng versions, Grumiaux, Milstein and a couple other I do not remember). I do not remember wha t was their recommended version, but szeryng 65 was a sound and playing I really liked and the sound I was somehow looking for.

Mullova is more a recent discovery, I still have to listen to it but I like it a lot.

Lionel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back