Favorite and most hated instruments?
Aug 25, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #76 of 94
Love: Organ, Guitar, Sitar.
Hate: Anything given to the singer to make it appear that he/she can do(is doing) something besides sing(ing).  Common offenders are tambourine, egg shakers, and acoustic guitars.

Aug 26, 2010 at 12:21 PM Post #77 of 94

Quote:
Love: Organ, Guitar, Sitar.
Hate: Anything given to the singer to make it appear that he/she can do(is doing) something besides sing(ing).  Common offenders are tambourine, egg shakers, and acoustic guitars.

You love and hate guitars?.... 
confused_face_2.gif

Aug 26, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #78 of 94
Fav': Violin, Uke, acoustic guitar. Cello is way up there too.

Least: Sax, synth violin, slide guitar

Counterexamples: ZOX does a great synth violin (or at least electric), and zep uses slide guitar in a beautiful way. I can't think of counters to how terrible saxaphones sound to me, so welcome suggestions.

Sep 5, 2010 at 3:17 AM Post #81 of 94
Favorite must be some brass instrument, in ska but not in any classical crap. This matter really depends on the song... Bass guitar is high on the list too, so is the electric guitar.

Least favorite is hard to tell. Violin can be played in especially awful way though... But sometimes it´s good too. And generally synths are bad.

Quote:
winma said:

You love and hate guitars?.... 
confused_face_2.gif

Read the message again... Acoustic guitar is hated and the other guitar apparently meant electric.

Sep 5, 2010 at 9:06 AM Post #82 of 94
I have a hard time disliking anything played on bass clarinet.

I can't say there's really an instrument I dislike, though you could probably run me out of the room pretty quickly by playing too much kazoo.

Sep 5, 2010 at 12:21 PM Post #83 of 94

I have a strange fascination for this 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXBeu7o9uUM 

Sep 5, 2010 at 12:26 PM Post #84 of 94
Favorite: Cello (My instrument, of course), Bassoon (sort of my instrument)
Least favorite: Bagpipes, electric (classical) stringed instruments, trumpet

Sep 5, 2010 at 1:11 PM Post #86 of 94
Most favorite: piano, cello, bass guitar, banjo

Can't stand: trumpets, it literally hurts me when listening to them. also  i'm not fan of various synth instruments 

Sep 5, 2010 at 6:14 PM Post #89 of 94
Not sure on a favourite, but least favourite has to be a crumhorn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back