Favorite album for bedtime listening
Nov 26, 2006 at 2:16 AM Post #17 of 26
Margaret Far's album "Daytrip" - it's really dreamy, almost-ambient techno with her even dreamier vocals. And the album ends in the most appropriately named "Sing Me To Sleep". When I know that I've got to go to sleep, and my mind won't let go of the day, I listen to this album - and by the time it finishes, at the end of this mind's excursion navigated and helmed by Margaret Far, I'm ready to drift gently off to dreamland.

Nov 26, 2006 at 5:23 AM Post #20 of 26
Sleepjerusalem.jpg

Nov 26, 2006 at 6:07 AM Post #21 of 26
I can't sleep if I have any music on. I start listening to it actively and the next thing you know it's morning.

Nov 26, 2006 at 6:36 AM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schalldämpfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't sleep if I have any music on. I start listening to it actively and the next thing you know it's morning.

me too ! the music gets clearer the more I want/need to sleep !

Jan 12, 2007 at 9:05 PM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by meme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rrsomniumbigde8.jpg

This one is awesome! I'm running out to get it tonight!

The albums by Liquid Mind are quite soothing, a little repetetive, but nice.

Jan 12, 2007 at 11:40 PM Post #26 of 26
For me it's either Alice Coltrane's Journey in Satchinanda (sp?), Pharoah Sanders' Karma (Creator has a Master Plan! Yip!); almost anything by Robbie Robertson, especially his first or Music for the Native Americans or Contact from the Underworld of Redboy. Terry Riley & Phillip Glass get regular play time at bedtime, too. It's got so that I almost can't sleep without having music on....tsk. Used to be reading!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back