Alas, I shall choose Jay Leno then.

May 14, 2007 at 9:07 AM Post #18 of 24
[*] Other - Connan

May 14, 2007 at 2:27 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by threEchelon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Colbert Report...
evil_smiley.gif

Ditto. If not Colbert then Conan, and if not Conan then nobody. I haven't even watched Conan in 4 years. I'm assuming he's still funny.

May 14, 2007 at 4:10 PM Post #20 of 24
I voted for Leno. I don't think Letterman is funny anymore and I've aways hated Paul Shaffer. I loved Letterman in the 80's. My friends and I used to get stoned and watch Twilight Zone, PTL Club, and Letterman every night. It made for a very strange evening.

I've only watched Conan a few times and don't like his humor at all. I don't have cable and I've only seen Colbert a few times, but thought it was great. I wonder how many people don't get that it's satire though. There's probably a lot of idiots who think it serious.

May 14, 2007 at 6:17 PM Post #21 of 24
If going purely by the two choices that we were given, I'd pick Letterman. Conan would be at the top of my list, however, if he were a choice. And being that Colbert went to Northwestern, I have a slight bias in saying that he's awesome.

May 14, 2007 at 6:30 PM Post #22 of 24
I love me some Cone Bone, but I voted Leno for the poll choices.

May 14, 2007 at 6:36 PM Post #23 of 24
I think Jay used to be funny as a stand up, but he's such a soft-baller on Tonight (which is not that shows tradition). Skit or interview, everything is sooo easy and non-interesting from any angle. Humor doesn't have to be biting, but it should at least be ever so slightly insightful. I don't hate The Tonight Show, but I just can't generate any interest. In fact I distrust anyones humor that likes the show. It's like loving Family Circus (but not making fun of it or being a grandmother).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back