Favorite 11:30 EST Latenight Talkshow?
Mar 23, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #3 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicArmada /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The two big ones, which do you prefer? Letterman, or Leno?

I pick Conan.

If I have to pick between Letterman and Leno I have to go with Letterman. Not because he's funnier, or because he's got better gags on his show or anything, but because Conan admires Letterman more.

Mar 23, 2007 at 12:28 AM Post #5 of 24
I couldn't really think of a way to combine Letterman, Leno, Conan, Daly, and Ferguson all into one poll (I'm only doing the Network shows, no cable). Maybe I'll make another for the next time slot...if theres is even any interest. My usual routine is Letterman, then switch over to NBC for Conan once its over. Then maybe catch a bit of Carson Daly. I really wish I still lived in the Central time zone...I always love watching them 1 hour earlier when I visit there.

Mar 23, 2007 at 1:43 AM Post #7 of 24
I love Jay Leno. Amazing gags. I also like him because of his massive collection of immaculate cars.

Mar 23, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #8 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Conan> Leno> Letterman

+1 . No body beats conan. He doesn't even have to try to be funny.

Mar 23, 2007 at 2:01 AM Post #10 of 24
What ever happened to Jack Parr?

...I watched Letterman a few times in the late eighties.

Not much lately. Darned forums.

Mar 23, 2007 at 2:16 AM Post #11 of 24
I remember Letterman was funniest in the 80's, or was that early 90's...during the writer's strike it was priceless, with Hal Gurney's Network Time Killers, and making toast for the audience.

But he still builds on that stuff... Will it Float or Is This Anything are offshoots of the Network Time Killers. It's only funny if you know what he did back then. A joke isn't supposed to last that long.

And Leno is funny, but a bit...ehhh, too mainstream I guess for me. I don't know. No denying he's a nice guy though.

Nope it's gotta be Conando, and I also wish they showed Craig Ferguson here. He was hilarious on the Drew Carey show and he's hilarious now.

Mar 23, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #13 of 24
Letterman, easily.

Been a big fan of his since the 80's, when he had a morning (10am?) talk show - freaking hilarious. Followed him ever since.

I've been to a few tapings of the Late Show at the Ed Sullivan theatre, and he is great with the audience during pre-show.

Never liked Leno's standup much, and now his stuff is so watered down & predictable, I could have written it. Pass. (He has a cool car collection though!)

I predict that Jon Stewart is the next up-and-comer. Love "The Daily Show".

Mar 23, 2007 at 3:15 AM Post #14 of 24
i dont own a tv so none of the above.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back