Favorite 1/4" plug?
Feb 10, 2005 at 3:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Fangmasterflex

100+ Head-Fier
I've been looking for a nice 1/4" plug to terminate my DIY hd650 cable with - from what i've read it seems that the vampire 1/4" seems to be well liked, as well as the cardas grqs and various neutrik plugs. What are your favorite plugs to use and why? And it would also be appreciated if you mention where you purchased it
cool.gif

Feb 10, 2005 at 4:08 AM Post #3 of 17
i don't really have anything else to compare it too, but i got the vampire plug and i really like it......

looks good, well built and after sliding the fabric sleeve over the plastic tubing inside and screwing it together it holds the cable sleeve superbly...

it's not bulky in the least either.

the vampira LRCAs i got are awesome too

Feb 10, 2005 at 11:13 PM Post #7 of 17
but thats a 3.5 mm plug isnt it? i thought he was looking for 1/4.

i have never used 1/4 plugs but from my readings the names nutrik and vampire come up alot

Feb 10, 2005 at 11:35 PM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyskraper
http://www.audiogear.com/Neutrkcart.html neutrik np3c b
biggrin.gif

Werd, that's my top choice bar-none. A week or two ago I got a few Canare F16s just to see what they were like and was greeted by an intermittent connection on all the headphone jacks I tried it with, replaced it with an NP3C and problem solved, so I'd be wary of them, may be a bad batch going around.

Other respectable choices are the Cardas GRQ S S and Vampire PP7-S as Intlplby suggested above. Switchcraft makes the SW297 but I haven't heard anyone's impression of it.

Feb 10, 2005 at 11:38 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fangmasterflex
Can i ask where you got that vampire plug from? So far ive only seen it at take five audio

You can get them directly at vampirewire.com and I bet Partsconnexion has them as well as they are a Vampire dealer.
EDIT: I seem to recall PercyAudio carries them as well.

Feb 11, 2005 at 2:50 AM Post #12 of 17
ive been in contact with the distributor in oz and they said that theyt havent hit the wider market due to overwhelming oem demand or something. theyre expecting them to move to retailers at the end of feb. hopefully theyre not ridiculously priced!@#

Feb 11, 2005 at 11:16 AM Post #14 of 17
Can't seem to find the gold plated Neutrik in the UK anywhere! Using the switchcraft at the moment (nickel plated)... and I use the Neutrik nickel plated ones for instrument leads (2 x mono keyboard leads, 4 guitar leads, etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back