FatFreq Maestro SE - The King of Top of the Line Bass?
May 14, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #376 of 633
Thank you! Very interesting to watch. I knew FatFreq had a higher bass module in the works for Grand Maestro, but I had no clue they’re planning a lesser bass one than blue also. :)
Thanks for checking it out :) yeah when I heard about it I trying hard not to bring out my credit card there and then to get the GM so I can listen to that higher bass module, curious to see what they'll bring for those

May 24, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #378 of 633
Thank you! Very interesting to watch. I knew FatFreq had a higher bass module in the works for Grand Maestro, but I had no clue they’re planning a lesser bass one than blue also. :)

Providing as much flexibility for users as possible in the future is key to us :)

Grand Maestro Impressions are UP! . Also featuring Sakura, Hayabusa & the upcoming Scarlet Mini

Thanks for sharing! Great video as always sir.

May 24, 2023 at 11:02 PM Post #379 of 633
May 30, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #380 of 633
I tried to chat with them today on getting a custom GM and seem to be getting mixed answers. I just need some clarification from people who have ordered from them. Ben I think, said that the website price does not include the blue module.

Website says.

*With Blue 'Control' Modules Purchased

Does that not mean the price of 3999SGD now includes it??

I then asked the customer faceplate to see if it was $95 per side or for both together.

His reply was, "Yes, that is for each side. The faceplate prices in that document is in USD".

So is there a document that states what the prices is in USD. Since there is a difference in $95 SGD and $95 USD.

They seem to be very busy with orders, so if people do not get a quick reply, that is the reason why.

Thanks

Last edited:
May 30, 2023 at 2:16 PM Post #381 of 633
I tried to chat with them today on getting a custom GM and seem to be getting mixed answers. I just need some clarification from people who have ordered from them. Ben I think, said that the website price does not include the blue module.

Website says.

I then asked the customer faceplate to see if it was $95 per side or for both together.

His reply was, "Yes, that is for each side. The faceplate prices in that document is in USD".

So is there a document that states what the prices is in USD. Since there is a difference in $95 SGD and $95 USD.

They seem to be very busy with orders, so if people do not get a quick reply, that is the reason why.

Thanks

if I remember correctly the faceplate should be around 130 SGD

May 30, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #383 of 633

Website says.

Thanks

Hi,

The prices are in USD. In SGD, the prices are an additional $130, which translates to $95 USD.

The price of $3,999 SGD does not include the second NOAH module. $4,129 SGD is the price with both.

The faceplates are different prices depending on which you choose as some are hand drawn from local SG artists.

Correct, they're all different levels of pricing depending on the faceplate and artist you go with.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2023 at 6:36 AM Post #385 of 633
Welcome to the Fatfreq family )

- Unpacking is simple, nothing like that. Will help out in case of falling from the Burj Khalifa )

- Stock cable: new upgrade cable. Outwardly it looks simple. Very light and weightless. Cable with Fatfreq engraving and change of connectors 2.5+3.5+4.4 . The cable needs to be replaced, of course it is probably better than the first option, but still does not reveal the beauty of the MSE sound.

- Ear tips. The complete ones are rigid and not comfortable. Not all ear pads are suitable. I was approached by Spinfit W1 + 145 + 155. Azla fits well. Crystal + Xlesastec + Vivid. Spiraldot 10 is a good fit. The best ones are those that cling well in the ear. And they isolate it well.

- MSE light..., lighter than Monarch MK2. They sit in their ears much better than monarchs, they don't even compare. Yes, it's a large body, but it's large outside, there are a lot of convolutions inside that make the landing better. They sat down perfectly, phew, you can exhale, because there were suspicions that they might not sit down!

- Sound. Ufffff. God, how they play! I didn't get such a buzz with either Monarch mk2 or Gaea... It's something else. Another level.
-Bass: Just unique woofers, they are large-scale, fleshy, detailed, dense, while nothing is exaggerated anywhere. There are no overkill. Sub bass - my God, this is the most amazing sub! All styles of music sound perfect.
-The middle: Everything is wonderful here, a great middle, musical, complete, detailed. The vocals sound great.
-High frequencies: Oh, how 4EST sounds. High tuning. Not bright, while everything is very, very detailed, everything is audible. The cymbals sound very, very nice. Just a beautiful pleasant sound to the ear.

- In general, the sound: A great scene, a big circle, I noticed that the separation of instruments is very well done. The sound is balanced with the allocation of the bass naturally, but it is so competently done that there are no words. When you listen, you listen to the whole picture. The scale of the proto sound is amazing. Vocals, male or female, sound good, full-fledged, like it.

- In a nutshell: it's bass and detailed airiness. Unique headphones! Fatfreq great fellows!
I am in love with these IEMs and I regret that I did not take them before the new year! It was necessary to find an opportunity to buy them.

Cable selection: the stock cable needs to be replaced. I tried the Effect Audio Code23 cable. Code23 does amazing things with light headphones. In general, it fits any headphones. But it doesn't sit very well with MSE. Code23 is an elastic cable and behaves like a monofilament. Sometimes it pulls out of the ears, because the MSE is essentially attached by inserting ear tips. And it is necessary that the headphones do not move when listening. And pure copper brings in a lot of fat. This fat is very tasty, but it's still too much. Wanted to add more airiness and detail. Therefore, it was decided to take a hybrid copper + silver cable. Cables from Effect Audio Eros or Cadmus are perfect. I have silver + copper in my photo. This is a cable from ruaudio. In short, it is necessary to take a cable with silver. Which is what Fatfreq does for MSE and GM. With silver, the detail increases, the airiness, the scene becomes larger, the resolution of high frequencies increases.

Compared to other headphones: a lot of high-quality and fast bass, a unique sub bass. For the first time I can say that everything is fine with the bass and there is enough of it. At the same time, the detail of medium and high frequencies with a silver cable is higher than on EE&EE Gaea! It's amazing!

I want to purchase a Cayin N7 source for MSE in the near future, has anyone already tried how MSE sounds with it?

Attachments

• IMG_20230604_122603.jpg
    IMG_20230604_122603.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG20230518104830.jpg
    IMG20230518104830.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG20230604121805.jpg
    IMG20230604121805.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG20230604121845.jpg
    IMG20230604121845.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • SHA_20230518_104918904.jpg
    SHA_20230518_104918904.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Jun 8, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #386 of 633

- Unpacking is simple, nothing like that. Will help out in case of falling from the Burj Khalifa )

- Stock cable: new upgrade cable. Outwardly it looks simple. Very light and weightless. Cable with Fatfreq engraving and change of connectors 2.5+3.5+4.4 . The cable needs to be replaced, of course it is probably better than the first option, but still does not reveal the beauty of the MSE sound.

- Ear tips. The complete ones are rigid and not comfortable. Not all ear pads are suitable. I was approached by Spinfit W1 + 145 + 155. Azla fits well. Crystal + Xlesastec + Vivid. Spiraldot 10 is a good fit. The best ones are those that cling well in the ear. And they isolate it well.

- MSE light..., lighter than Monarch MK2. They sit in their ears much better than monarchs, they don't even compare. Yes, it's a large body, but it's large outside, there are a lot of convolutions inside that make the landing better. They sat down perfectly, phew, you can exhale, because there were suspicions that they might not sit down!

- Sound. Ufffff. God, how they play! I didn't get such a buzz with either Monarch mk2 or Gaea... It's something else. Another level.
-Bass: Just unique woofers, they are large-scale, fleshy, detailed, dense, while nothing is exaggerated anywhere. There are no overkill. Sub bass - my God, this is the most amazing sub! All styles of music sound perfect.
-The middle: Everything is wonderful here, a great middle, musical, complete, detailed. The vocals sound great.
-High frequencies: Oh, how 4EST sounds. High tuning. Not bright, while everything is very, very detailed, everything is audible. The cymbals sound very, very nice. Just a beautiful pleasant sound to the ear.

- In general, the sound: A great scene, a big circle, I noticed that the separation of instruments is very well done. The sound is balanced with the allocation of the bass naturally, but it is so competently done that there are no words. When you listen, you listen to the whole picture. The scale of the proto sound is amazing. Vocals, male or female, sound good, full-fledged, like it.

- In a nutshell: it's bass and detailed airiness. Unique headphones! Fatfreq great fellows!
I am in love with these IEMs and I regret that I did not take them before the new year! It was necessary to find an opportunity to buy them.

Cable selection: the stock cable needs to be replaced. I tried the Effect Audio Code23 cable. Code23 does amazing things with light headphones. In general, it fits any headphones. But it doesn't sit very well with MSE. Code23 is an elastic cable and behaves like a monofilament. Sometimes it pulls out of the ears, because the MSE is essentially attached by inserting ear tips. And it is necessary that the headphones do not move when listening. And pure copper brings in a lot of fat. This fat is very tasty, but it's still too much. Wanted to add more airiness and detail. Therefore, it was decided to take a hybrid copper + silver cable. Cables from Effect Audio Eros or Cadmus are perfect. I have silver + copper in my photo. This is a cable from ruaudio. In short, it is necessary to take a cable with silver. Which is what Fatfreq does for MSE and GM. With silver, the detail increases, the airiness, the scene becomes larger, the resolution of high frequencies increases.

Compared to other headphones: a lot of high-quality and fast bass, a unique sub bass. For the first time I can say that everything is fine with the bass and there is enough of it. At the same time, the detail of medium and high frequencies with a silver cable is higher than on EE&EE Gaea! It's amazing!

I want to purchase a Cayin N7 source for MSE in the near future, has anyone already tried how MSE sounds with it?

Wonderful! Thanks so much for the review. Is that blue and red cable a Hapa Audio cable?

N7 sounds great with MSE - keep in mind you will need to use the strongest gain mode to accurately power the MSE. It adds a nice amount of warmth and lushness to the signature if that's your thing.

Jun 8, 2023 at 6:00 PM Post #387 of 633
Wonderful! Thanks so much for the review. Is that blue and red cable a Hapa Audio cable?

N7 sounds great with MSE - keep in mind you will need to use the strongest gain mode to accurately power the MSE. It adds a nice amount of warmth and lushness to the signature if that's your thing.
Sebastien, thank you :) the cable is not exactly hapa. This cable is from ruaudio https://ruaudio.pro/ this is an experimental cable made of silver and copper. The guys in the GM branch should try the Liquid Links Venom cable, I wonder how it will sound with it. And I would try with Effect audio Cleopatra 2 octa. also very interesting. If someone has impressions of the cables, write plz.

Regarding the player, I still decided to stay on the hiby r6pro2 for now. I swapped my shanling h7 for it almost for free. Therefore, I will share my impressions as soon as I receive it. Thanks for the recommendations 😎👍

Jun 15, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #388 of 633
They do not have have the same number of drivers. Not sure where you got this information from but that is incorrect.

The Maestro SE is a multi-driver tribid (DD, BA, EST) while the MM is a hybrid (1DD + 2BA).

If you want more mid-bass, I'd say go for the MM as it is a little more intentionally uncontrolled.

If you want the sub-bass king, go for the MSE.

If you can't be cordial about cables and discuss them in a mature manner, better to not comment them at all. Thanks!
Thanks for this Sebastien. After a lot of research and re-reading your comments, I ended up ordering the Maestro Mini at the end of May, so hopefully it gets here (New Zealand) before the end of the month.

I opted for the Maestro Mini over the Maestro SE due to fit and comfort and enjoy an apparent, in-your-face kind of mid-bass than quieter, rumbling sub-bass. But now I am having second thoughts on whether I have made the right option.

I have a 64 Audio Tia Fourte, which I do not find comfortable at all due to its size, and feel like the Maestro SE will be on the same size. If I am going this route, I will go the custom route when I go to Singapore next since I can custom the Maestro SE, but only one universal size on the Maestro Mini.

Jun 15, 2023 at 8:06 PM Post #389 of 633
Thanks for this Sebastien. After a lot of research and re-reading your comments, I ended up ordering the Maestro Mini at the end of May, so hopefully it gets here (New Zealand) before the end of the month.

I opted for the Maestro Mini over the Maestro SE due to fit and comfort and enjoy an apparent, in-your-face kind of mid-bass than quieter, rumbling sub-bass. But now I am having second thoughts on whether I have made the right option.

I have a 64 Audio Tia Fourte, which I do not find comfortable at all due to its size, and feel like the Maestro SE will be on the same size. If I am going this route, I will go the custom route when I go to Singapore next since I can custom the Maestro SE, but only one universal size on the Maestro Mini.

Thanks for the updates and please keep me in the loop on your decisions. Live for a bit with the Maestro Mini once it arrives safe and sound!

I'm a believer in customs myself and totally understand your decision if you lean that way. It's comfort will indeed be second to none.

Holding off buying a Grand Maestro myself because I want to be able to do it in custom.

Sebastien, thank you :) the cable is not exactly hapa. This cable is from ruaudio https://ruaudio.pro/ this is an experimental cable made of silver and copper. The guys in the GM branch should try the Liquid Links Venom cable, I wonder how it will sound with it. And I would try with Effect audio Cleopatra 2 octa. also very interesting. If someone has impressions of the cables, write plz.

Regarding the player, I still decided to stay on the hiby r6pro2 for now. I swapped my shanling h7 for it almost for free. Therefore, I will share my impressions as soon as I receive it. Thanks for the recommendations 😎👍

Great, thanks for the info on your end as well - do you have a connection over there at RU Audio? I would like to try some of their stuff. PM me if you do!

Jun 17, 2023 at 11:58 PM Post #390 of 633

Can confirm it sounds good with the MSE, no background noise, unlike Rn6 :/

Thanks for your cable info! Looking forward to do some cable swapping soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back