FatFreq Maestro SE - The King of Top of the Line Bass?
Dec 6, 2022 at 6:46 PM Post #16 of 633
This is definitely the king of bass now beating the empire ears bravado 🤯
As a Maestro Mini and Bravado mkII owner, I'd like to hear that comparison... The Bravado mkII is hard to beat at half the price of the MM SE.

The mid bass is felt more on the B mkII and lends to a bassier set. The OG MM graphs very closely to the SE and they tuck in the mid bass a bit too much for a basshead god iem. I recommended to Ben that he should elevate the mid bass a touch on the MM line to be true bass kings.

But I think I may be a MM SE owner too one day.

Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 6.43.42 PM.png

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2022 at 7:09 PM Post #17 of 633
As a Maestro Mini and Bravado mkII owner, I'd like to hear that comparison... The Bravado mkII is hard to beat at half the price of the MM SE.

The mid bass is felt more on the B mkII and lends to a bassier set. The OG MM graphs very closely to the SE and they tuck in the mid bass a bit too much for a basshead god iem. I recommended to Ben that he should elevate the mid bass a touch on the MM line to be true bass kings.

But I think I may be a MM SE owner too one day.

Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 6.43.42 PM.png
Bravado og has more subbass then mkii

Dec 6, 2022 at 9:43 PM Post #22 of 633
Bravado og has more subbass then mkii
Barely (2dB), but the mkII is an evolved upgrade with better extended treble that is smoother and more refined with their EST's and other improvements, including the sub woofer/DD. Quality vs quantity has to be considered as well. The discontinued OG hybrid Bravado is not competing with the MM SE or the B mkII tribrids.

"The Bravado mkII has a substantially upgraded 4 driver tribrid configuration designed to exude the same u-shaped fighting spirit as its predecessor while addressing the growing need for even more dynamic range, detail retrieval and soundstage." The Bravado mkII punches way above it's weight class.

I'm looking forward to the evolution of FatFreq. They will continue to grow and learn and get their pricing down, I'm a huge fan. They need to fill the gap where the Bravado mkII sits, between the MM and the SE. DD/sub woofer, 1 BA and 2 EST's for around $700 - 800. Could be named the Maestro Mini QT (Quad Tribrid).

Would also like to see a higher output/impedance on their future creations.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2022 at 2:46 AM Post #25 of 633
Dec 7, 2022 at 8:45 PM Post #26 of 633
Really interesting to see the MSE graph looks so similar to Diva's.
But for the vocal area MSE should not be at the level of Diva's looking at the reviews.
Tempted to try out MSE but the only way is to purchase, and it is all final sale.
Can't justify myself blind buying this set with that amount of bass. (not a basshead personally lol)

Dec 7, 2022 at 9:26 PM Post #27 of 633
Really interesting to see the MSE graph looks so similar to Diva's.
But for the vocal area MSE should not be at the level of Diva's looking at the reviews.
Tempted to try out MSE but the only way is to purchase, and it is all final sale.
Can't justify myself blind buying this set with that amount of bass. (not a basshead personally lol)

I think that the Diva is better for vocals in general and I think normally you have the setting half bass for example. In this case the Bass has less weight and Treble/Mids more compared to the Maestro SE. I was really tempted to buy the MSE, but I think a good start would be the Mini to find out if the soundsignature is your cup of tea.

I'm looking for an vocal focussed IEM to complement my Tia Trio and tend to the U12T, but the Diva would be really interesting, too. One problem for me is the bad availability and I can get the U12T for the same price compared to the Diva with taxes on top. I really like good bass. For that reason I bought the Tia Trio, so I really don't looking for another Basshead IEM, but the MSE sounds really interesting. I tried the U12T and think they are a bit boring, but sometimes this is a good thing for relaxed listenening sessions.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2022 at 12:19 AM Post #28 of 633
I think that the Diva is better for vocals in general and I think normally you have the setting half bass for example. In this case the Bass has less weight and Treble/Mids more compared to the Maestro SE. I was really tempted to buy the MSE, but I think a good start would be the Mini to find out if the soundsignature is your cup of tea.

I'm looking for an vocal focussed IEM to complement my Tia Trio and tend to the U12T, but the Diva would be really interesting, too. One problem for me is the bad availability and I can get the U12T for the same price compared to the Diva with taxes on top. I really like good bass. For that reason I bought the Tia Trio, so I really don't looking for another Basshead IEM, but the MSE sounds really interesting. I tried the U12T and think they are a bit boring, but sometimes this is a good thing for relaxed listenening sessions.
Have you heard the diva and maestro se or referencing the graph?

Dec 8, 2022 at 9:53 AM Post #30 of 633
I had an extended session listening to the Maestro SE yesterday. Suffice to say I am a fan! What stands out the most is how well tuned the IEM is and how the bass is handled. I also appreciate the sub/mid bass ration - it's just right (I am sensitive to too much mid bass). Imagine an EE EVO, but better tuned. Then we're getting somewhere. It also seems to work with a whole range of music, though maybe not the best for vocals.

A very good guilty pleasure IEM, one I hope to try again soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back