FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
Jan 9, 2024 at 8:55 AM Post #1,607 of 1,959
Same here, ordered Oct 5th and just got my shipping email.

Jan 14, 2024 at 10:28 PM Post #1,608 of 1,959
My Scarlets just shipped and should arrive by next Tuesday! I ordered early October for reference.
I asked FF about my order (October 5th). They told me that my unit is on some kind of "final check" and excepted to get 1-2 weeks.
Same here, ordered Oct 5th and just got my shipping email.

Look forward to your thoughts all around when you get them in!

Thanks for keeping us posted here on progress.

Jan 15, 2024 at 8:57 AM Post #1,611 of 1,959
Must be exciting! Heard the waiting time for the Scarlet's are long. Do share your thoughts when you receive them, I'm tempted to buy a set too.

PXL_20240112_213100167.MP.jpg

They actually arrived early last Friday! Honestly it's a pretty gorgeous set and the presentation was nice. Was rolling tips and I really liked my ePro horn tips on them, but I still need to try my Final Audio E tips. Bass is definitely present and can actually surprise you when large bass drops happen after quiet sections. Mids aren't recessed as much as I expected and still come through clear. Treble is also good and non-fatiguing.

Overall, it's a fun set and I like what it does. I'll need to continue burning them in and see what I want to do with them. I try to keep myself to one pair of iems and my U4S is definitely a better all-rounder, but the Scarlets play their niche well. Maybe I'll be able to justify keeping them, we'll see.

Jan 15, 2024 at 1:45 PM Post #1,614 of 1,959
PXL_20240112_213100167.MP.jpg

They actually arrived early last Friday! Honestly it's a pretty gorgeous set and the presentation was nice. Was rolling tips and I really liked my ePro horn tips on them, but I still need to try my Final Audio E tips. Bass is definitely present and can actually surprise you when large bass drops happen after quiet sections. Mids aren't recessed as much as I expected and still come through clear. Treble is also good and non-fatiguing.

Overall, it's a fun set and I like what it does. I'll need to continue burning them in and see what I want to do with them. I try to keep myself to one pair of iems and my U4S is definitely a better all-rounder, but the Scarlets play their niche well. Maybe I'll be able to justify keeping them, we'll see.
Sick! Gotta get my hands on those as well.

Jan 16, 2024 at 10:42 PM Post #1,616 of 1,959
Tried a pair of prototype scarlet minis at their hq in september, loved them to bits. The only thing preventing me from buying them is the lead time so hoping to eventually score them used or in stock at a reseller. Finding crinacle on the next floor was cool.
It's also cool to see the two shops co-exist together as well. When I entered Fatfreq's store the other day, one of the staff was recommending me to check The Hangout by Crinacle upstairs if I was into audio and coffee. Both shops have great customer service imo.

Jan 17, 2024 at 6:20 AM Post #1,617 of 1,959
It's also cool to see the two shops co-exist together as well. When I entered Fatfreq's store the other day, one of the staff was recommending me to check The Hangout by Crinacle upstairs if I was into audio and coffee. Both shops have great customer service imo.
And yet we're still waiting for Crinacle to review the GM/MSE.....

Jan 17, 2024 at 8:19 AM Post #1,619 of 1,959
Today I've received my scarlet (1 day before DHL was planned, really fast delivery). I've bought Nicehck Maple before. The stock cable is rather pink color than red and I don't like the material, but this is just me. I was surprised that the scarlet is really mini. It fits perfectly, usually I have problem with my right ears. I've just tried them to check if they are working. I have Final E tips and changed them, better fit than stock one.
And the most important BASS and BASS :L3000: I've put them on burning in, I will get back after some days.
IMG_20240117_130922.jpg

Jan 17, 2024 at 4:47 PM Post #1,620 of 1,959
AFAIK he won't due to the close afiliation, same reason he won't review his own collabs. In person though he recommend I'd try the scarlet.
Interesting. Thanks for letting me know. Really wish I got his thoughts on the GM and how he would (privately) rank it.

If anyone is in Singapore and wanna volunteer to take a trip down to ask him, that would be great XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back