FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
Oct 18, 2023 at 1:11 AM Post #1,202 of 1,955
Here ya go

Oct 18, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #1,204 of 1,955

here is another sub-bass massage if you like dnb :) I recently got the Rn6 because of all the hype and it has really good sub-bass balanced with other regions but I think it is too expensive for what I get out of it (as usual with hifi gear..)
so I whish sometimes to compare how much of a difference with scarlet is

Oct 19, 2023 at 6:42 PM Post #1,207 of 1,955
I am sorry for the picture spam but wow.. FATfreq certainly stepped up their “packaging” for the Grand Maestro.

I’m not one to care for extravagant unboxings if I'm honest... I’m perfectly happy with what I received when I got my GM back in March, or even the cardboard box of the Traillii. But this is some Erlkonig-level unboxing here. Very lovely stuff, and the new puck case has sets for 3 modules (there are 2 more in development/soon to be released I believe?) 😎

IMG_7003.jpegIMG_7004.jpegIMG_7006.jpegIMG_6989.jpegIMG_6988.jpegIMG_7007.jpeg

Oct 19, 2023 at 6:50 PM Post #1,208 of 1,955
I am sorry for the picture spam but wow.. FATfreq certainly stepped up their “packaging” for the Grand Maestro.

I’m not one to care for extravagant unboxings if I'm honest... I’m perfectly happy with what I received when I got my GM back in March, or even the cardboard box of the Traillii. But this is some Erlkonig-level unboxing here. Very lovely stuff, and the new puck case has sets for 3 modules (there are 2 more in development/soon to be released I believe?) 😎

Looking to buy a Maestro SE if anyone wants to sell theirs for a Grand Maestro after seeing that packaging :stuck_out_tongue:

Oct 20, 2023 at 3:18 AM Post #1,209 of 1,955

Holy smokes, that is incredible. Finally they've pushed the packaging/accessories up to a level deserving of that premium price.

Regarding the extra modules, I'm crossing my fingers for a Scarlet module 🤞 If that happens (if that's even possible), that's it. I'm selling my house for a pair of earphones.

Oct 21, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #1,210 of 1,955

Scarlet Mini vid segment from GizAudio! Love the sheer redness of the whole package 💯

Oct 22, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #1,211 of 1,955
Holy crap this graph is even more insane xDDD

FF: How much bass u need?
Me: Yes :)

This waiting for scarlet never end's aaaaaaa .
1697985156393.png

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #1,212 of 1,955
Holy crap this graph is even more insane xDDD

FF: How much bass u need?
Me: Yes :)

This waiting for scarlet never end's aaaaaaa .
1697985156393.png
I auditioned both (Scarlet mini and Maestro mini) at CanJam SoCal 3 weeks ago. The FR graph reaffirms my subjective observations:
* Scarlet has more bass and sub-bass (although to my basshead taste, the Maestro is perfectly fine and not lacking).
* Maestro wins by a big gap (for me) on details and instrument separation. I believe the extra energy in 4kHz to 10kHz could explain that.
So for me, Maestro Mini is better.
Scarlet is not positioned as an upgrade but rather as a companion or side-grade. That is the right way to position it, as I am sure others would prefer the Scarlet...

Oct 22, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #1,213 of 1,955
I auditioned both (Scarlet mini and Maestro mini) at CanJam SoCal 3 weeks ago. The FR graph reaffirms my subjective observations:
* Scarlet has more bass and sub-bass (although to my basshead taste, the Maestro is perfectly fine and not lacking).
* Maestro wins by a big gap (for me) on details and instrument separation. I believe the extra energy in 4kHz to 10kHz could explain that.
So for me, Maestro Mini is better.
Scarlet is not positioned as an upgrade but rather as a companion or side-grade. That is the right way to position it, as I am sure others would prefer the Scarlet...
So i guess it will be upgrade for me from MM to scarlet when i mostly listen EDM?
Anyway im using bass boost on eq for MM, default bass is not enought xd

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #1,214 of 1,955
I showed the graph with MM and scarlet to my friend (he work in audio shop lot of headphone gear etc). he said : what the hell is this, looking by the graph looks like "brain-rotter" / "mindfu*, subwoofer on the skull" XD my answer was "I'm flattered by your opinion" :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: cannot wait to play this on scarlet :

edit: sry i should edit insted of new post.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back