FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
Oct 7, 2023 at 3:18 AM Post #1,128 of 1,955
HBB's Scarlet Mini vid is out 👀

IMG_6296.jpeg

Oct 7, 2023 at 7:14 AM Post #1,129 of 1,955
Well there was only one optinon ..... SCARLET PRE ODER DONE !!! :)

HYPEEEE :sunglasses:

If u gonna ask my order numer starts #111

I cannot stand waiting for early november !! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
MM was gift from my self (XD) for my birthday year ago and now scarlet :D (nov 15)
I can't stop looking at this chart :beerchug: :

Attachments

• Zrzut_ekranu_2023-09-30_224644.png
    Zrzut_ekranu_2023-09-30_224644.png
    251.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 8, 2023 at 8:10 AM Post #1,131 of 1,955
I was nearly 109 lol, i think i may have been the first or close to it to pre-order
it's still pre order

first "batch" was 150 units that are send now (?) and then second 150 units that will be send at start of november

Oct 8, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #1,132 of 1,955
Got my second hand Maestro Mini today, I like it very much from the short time I had this weekend. I bet the new Scarlett Mini would be good for me :beerchug:
Stock cable is a disgrace, don't bother me much since I already a few good aftermarket cables. Paired it for now with a good copper cable.

1696770765088.png

DSCF3698.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #1,133 of 1,955
Anyone know what the driver config is for the Scarlet Mini?

Not sure why FF doesn't make it known what their driver configs are in their IEMs.

In our opinion, it's not necessary for users to know exact specifics. We want people to be focusing on the sound, not the driver type.

As such, I would encourage you all to take any driver configurations you see on the web as a grain of salt.

Thanks for understanding!

Oct 9, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #1,134 of 1,955
In our opinion, it's not necessary for users to know exact specifics. We want people to be focusing on the sound, not the driver type.

As such, I would encourage you all to take any driver configurations you see on the web as a grain of salt.

What an odd thing to say. Most manufacturers of IEMs proudly tell their customers what kind of drivers, how many, size of the (dynamic) drivers are in their IEMs, and other various tech in their drivers. It's part of the marketing for most IEM manufacturers.

Some hide the size or brand of drivers they use. Then there's FatFreq, who hides all information of the drivers they use. No transparency at all. You know the only way to find out this information is for rich customers to tear your IEMs apart to see for themselves.

People can focus on both sound quality and driver information at the same time. It's not a mutually exclusive thing for consumers to know exactly what's in the products they're purchasing, and enjoy using said product. Nice try spinning your company's refusal to be transparent with consumers as something that's positive. Not sure how anyone can buy that BS.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #1,135 of 1,955
What an odd thing to say. Most manufacturers of IEMs proudly tell their customers what kind of drivers, how many, size of the (dynamic) drivers are in their IEMs, and other various tech in their drivers. It's part of the marketing for most IEM manufacturers.

Some hide the size or brand of drivers they use. Then there's FatFreq, who hides all information of the drivers they use. No transparency at all. You know the only way to find out this information is for rich customers to tear your IEMs apart to see for themselves.

People can focus on both sound quality and driver information at the same time. It's not a mutually exclusive thing for consumers to know exactly what's in the products they're purchasing, and enjoy using said product. Nice try spinning your company's refusal to be transparent with consumers as something that's positive. Not sure how anyone can buy that BS.

That’s not exactly true - we do reveal what combination of driver is use. The grand is known to be DD BA and EST. The Maestro Mini is known to be DD and BA. The MSE is also known to be a tribrid and the Scarlet Mini a hyrbrid with a newer supertweeter.

In regards to transparency, Chang from Subtonic posted an excellent response to this on the thread for the Crimson you can read here as Symphonium as recently went through a similar round of discussions.

We’ll definitely take your thoughts into account as we enter this discussion for FatFreq since it’s a prevalent topic. Thanks for letting us know your concern!

Oct 9, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #1,136 of 1,955
I wish you guys would make certain specs like sensitivity available though.

Oct 9, 2023 at 2:19 PM Post #1,137 of 1,955
Oct 9, 2023 at 6:28 PM Post #1,138 of 1,955

That's why im not gonna purchase any of the fatfreq iems. They ask a ton of Money and don't release neither the specs. It Is Just absurd and unbelievable.

Oct 9, 2023 at 6:48 PM Post #1,139 of 1,955
That's why im not gonna purchase any of the fatfreq iems. They ask a ton of Money and don't release neither the specs. It Is Just absurd and unbelievable.

Thank you for the feedback!

Oct 9, 2023 at 6:48 PM Post #1,140 of 1,955
It is kinda presumptuous that we should just plunk down $$$$$ and not worry that there is Bellsing BA in there. Regardless of the tuning that FF seems to be able to pull off. Some of us have listened to enough DD to know that I like Beryllium for instince and I know I prefer Sonion BA for Mids but Knowles BA for highs. It kinda gives me a idea or at least a generalization of what to expect. The people who are going to be buying a FATfreq are not going to be rookies to the hobbie so please FF don't treat us as such!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back