FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
Sep 8, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #1,036 of 2,024
Deep fit and tip roll didn't help. I'll give it time for a "mental" burn-in, because these are pre-owned. Unfortunately, I'm not so familiar with DAPs. What would you recommend as a versatile mobile DAP under 1000$ with good resolution and dynamics?
I quite enjoyed MSE with the HiBy R6 Pro II. I'm sure others can chime in with other suggestions too. But my suggestion is to try before you buy...it could well be that MSE just isn't for you regardless of source.

Sep 8, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #1,037 of 2,024
I love my HiBy R6 Pro II. Highly recommend.
Ordered. Fingers crossed.

I quite enjoyed MSE with the HiBy R6 Pro II. I'm sure others can chime in with other suggestions too. But my suggestion is to try before you buy...it could well be that MSE just isn't for you regardless of source.
I have an unbalanced 3.5mm EA Eros S that sounds better than Maestro's cable. Would the 3.5mm output on Hiby R6 Pro II be enough to power MSE? Are there any noticeable sonic differences between the 3.5mm and 4.4mm connections on Hiby with MSE, aside from the difference in loudness?

Sep 9, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #1,038 of 2,024
I have an unbalanced 3.5mm EA Eros S that sounds better than Maestro's cable. Would the 3.5mm output on Hiby R6 Pro II be enough to power MSE? Are there any noticeable sonic differences between the 3.5mm and 4.4mm connections on Hiby with MSE, aside from the difference in loudness?
I would definitely go balanced. Single ended isn't going to be enough juice.

Sep 12, 2023 at 9:22 AM Post #1,042 of 2,024
My Fatfreq maestro se went in for repair because of qa issues Again.

Fatfreq was supposed to refund me, but did not.

I have been trying to contact them for months with no response.

I have no iem now and they have my money and will not respond to my emails.
Hi, I didnt understand what issue where you facing with your IEM?

Sep 13, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #1,044 of 2,024
So my Hiby was delivered today. Soundwise, it's all good. The sub-bass on MSE isn't AS DEEP as I imagined, but everything else is tasty. The issue is that I can't listen to them for long due to pressure, my ears start hurting after half an hour. The only tips that hold them tight and deep in my ears are the Azla ones, but the pressure is unbearable. Do you have any recommendations for grippy tips that don't create as much pressure and are easy to order online?

Sep 13, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #1,045 of 2,024
So my Hiby was delivered today. Soundwise, it's all good. The sub-bass on MSE isn't AS DEEP as I imagined, but everything else is tasty. The issue is that I can't listen to them for long due to pressure, my ears start hurting after half an hour. The only tips that hold them tight and deep in my ears are the Azla ones, but the pressure is unbearable. Do you have any recommendations for grippy tips that don't create as much pressure and are easy to order online?
I find the Moondrop Spring tips to be fairly grippy. I use these on my Grand Maestro which has a giant nozzle. You might give those a shot. They are pretty easy to find online.

Sep 13, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #1,046 of 2,024
1. Spinfit w1 S. 2. Spiraldot fx11 ms. 3. Acoustune aex70 4. Azla max.

pick up smaller nozzles and see that they are soft.
Azla 100% are not suitable except for Azla max.

we must be prepared for a long and painstaking selection of nozzles

Sep 13, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #1,047 of 2,024
I've found that the Tangzu Tang Sancai eartips help alleviate pressure buildup for me. It won't be a perfect seal since it has these little grooves to help relieve pressure, but they're still comfortable and stay secured. You lose a little bass, but I hear a little bigger soundstage with them. I think they're fairly cheap at 3 pairs for $12 USD if you want to try them out.
https://tangzu.net/products/tangzu-tang-sancai-eartips

I've read the Tanchjim T300 T-APB Air Pressure Balance eartips are good as well, but I haven't tried them yet. They're a bit more expensive in comparison at $15 USD for 2 pairs (bass+treble).
https://hifigo.com/products/tanchjim-t300-t-apb-air-pressure-balance-silicone-eartips

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #1,048 of 2,024
Hello MSE owners, I would like to share my expirince using these IEM and may be you will find my story interesting.
It happend to me that I am an owner of 3rd pair of FF MSE.
First pair had manufacturing defect with bass driver on left piece. I sent them back. Waited for 2.5 month and recieved my second pair. Which happily was working.
But there was another manufacturing deffect with the painting on the other side of the face plate. It looked like it had dozen of scratches on it but it ussually happens when they dont give enought time to let the paint dry out. So a asked for ANOTHER exchange.
An here comes thr interesting part. My first MSE IEM had number 046, My second MSE IEM 058. And Finaly a week ago I recieved my 3rd pair with the numbe 0583 And the tuning/sound is complitelly different!!!!!
As you know those IEM are famous for its deeeeep bass. So what was the suprice when I tried the new ones on. The deep rumbling bass has decreased to 20%. The mids are now more forward (you can actually hear more details now) The treble seems to me the same. Also I have noticed that the shell became a litlle smaller. Becaue it almost now fits my ears what didnt happen in the past with them. To be honest I have multiplle feelings now. I am a bass freak and I ordered them to lissten to deep rumbling bass and now with my 3rd pair I dont have this oppertunity any more, instead I got more clear mids. I really think that the have changed the consept of creating MSE now.
By this message I woul like to aware people who are planing to by them please look at serial number because you will by 2 different IEM.
I wish I could be the owner of the firs version.
Send it back and get the M-Mini or Scarlet-Mini. My mini is what I use for hip hop, EDM, R&B. Otherwise it's Monarch for everything else.

Sep 13, 2023 at 6:55 PM Post #1,049 of 2,024
Is it right to assume that the Scarlet Mini, with bass boost and treble boost, will be more of a V-shape? Then the mid-bass boost Maestro mini is more of a U-shape?

I have the Maestro Mini that I enjoy very much for listening with male vocals, deep country, hip-hop, and anything bassy. But they market the Scarlet Mini for EDM and I assume it pairs better with female vocals too, much better than Maestro Mini?

Sep 14, 2023 at 8:51 AM Post #1,050 of 2,024
Is it right to assume that the Scarlet Mini, with bass boost and treble boost, will be more of a V-shape? Then the mid-bass boost Maestro mini is more of a U-shape?

I have the Maestro Mini that I enjoy very much for listening with male vocals, deep country, hip-hop, and anything bassy. But they market the Scarlet Mini for EDM and I assume it pairs better with female vocals too, much better than Maestro Mini?
It has even more bass from early impressions I've read. treble seems to suffer a little from what I read due to the +30dB bass boost vs +20db on M-mini. M-Mini maybe more in line with someone (like myself) that wants a little more detail from mids and treble but we shall wait for the final product + more reviews to compare both.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back