FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
Jul 25, 2023 at 4:40 AM Post #946 of 1,957
PW Audio 1950s
There are two universal solutions for all Fatfreq headphones. Take a cable made of pure good copper and take a cable hybrid of mixed conductors, or a hybrid of silver and copper, or better silver\gold. In total, it is better to have 2 cables. 1 - pure copper. 2. mixed (silver\gold).

1. Copper. I'm using Effect Audio Code23 now, it gives the best sound on any Fatfreq IEM, it's pure very good copper. But it doesn't suit usability well, you need something lighter and more flexible...
As the most versatile solution, cables made of good pure copper PW1950, etc. are perfect. By the way, it is much cheaper to take an analog, this is a Cardas Clear cable for IEM, it is made and sold here too. If you want to save money while getting a great sound, look for those who make it here in the search.

2. Silver, mixed. (I don't really recommend pure silver) Craft cable silver as the main and copper (hybrid). You can take silver and gold. They give more resolution, details, amplifies high frequencies. But it dries the mid-bass and mid-frequencies. (this does not apply to cables such as EA Chiron) Although they give a great sub bass :)

3. Mixed. I have ordered an like new Liquid Links Venom cable in the near future, I think it will also work perfectly with IEM Fatfreq.

4. If you want to take a very very good cable that will serve you for many years and not only on Fatfreq, but on any other IEMs, look Effect audio Chiron 4w. This is a very!!! soft cable that gives an amazing TOTAL sound. Silver + gold. Expensive, but reliable and for a long time.

I'm going to use 2 cables for FF MSE: 1. Cardas Clear (analog 1950) 2. Liquid Links Venom

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2023 at 5:01 AM Post #947 of 1,957
For two months I was only listening to the GM with black modules and vocal switches off. Now I finally left the vocal switches on for prolonged listening and wow, these are great!! Still great bass but mids and treble much more forward. Sounding great.

Not much time this week unfortunately, but next week, I will finally try out the Blue modules :)

Jul 25, 2023 at 5:07 AM Post #948 of 1,957
Do yourself a favour and try these: https://www.amazon.com/Eartune-Fidelity-Ellipse-Shape-Silicone-Tips/dp/B09V6GDXY6. I was ready to give up on MSE uni until I tried them, same deep fit ear pressure and pain as you experienced. These saved them, I can now listen for hours pain-free. Get two sizes just in case, as they don't fit like normal tips. They 'slot in' to the shape of your ear canal, so literally zero pressure.

I'll give these a try thanks. I already got rid of the MSE but I'll keep a pair around just in case I have pressure or fit issues with any other sets in the future.

Jul 25, 2023 at 8:22 AM Post #949 of 1,957
There are two universal solutions for all Fatfreq headphones. Take a cable made of pure good copper and take a cable hybrid of mixed conductors, or a hybrid of silver and copper, or better silver\gold. In total, it is better to have 2 cables. 1 - pure copper. 2. mixed (silver\gold).

1. Copper. I'm using Effect Audio Code23 now, it gives the best sound on any Fatfreq IEM, it's pure very good copper. But it doesn't suit usability well, you need something lighter and more flexible...
As the most versatile solution, cables made of good pure copper PW1950, etc. are perfect. By the way, it is much cheaper to take an analog, this is a Cardas Clear cable for IEM, it is made and sold here too. If you want to save money while getting a great sound, look for those who make it here in the search.

2. Silver, mixed. (I don't really recommend pure silver) Craft cable silver as the main and copper (hybrid). You can take silver and gold. They give more resolution, details, amplifies high frequencies. But it dries the mid-bass and mid-frequencies. (this does not apply to cables such as EA Chiron) Although they give a great sub bass :)

3. Mixed. I have ordered an like new Liquid Links Venom cable in the near future, I think it will also work perfectly with IEM Fatfreq.

4. If you want to take a very very good cable that will serve you for many years and not only on Fatfreq, but on any other IEMs, look Effect audio Chiron 4w. This is a very!!! soft cable that gives an amazing TOTAL sound. Silver + gold. Expensive, but reliable and for a long time.

I'm going to use 2 cables for FF MSE: 1. Cardas Clear (analog 1950) 2. Liquid Links Venom
Thanks for the awesome explanations and recommendations! I'm ok with Fatfreq's stock cables personally (definitely prefer MSE's over MM's cable), but I was curious as to whether other better options exist in the market compared to Fatfreq's current offerings.

Jul 25, 2023 at 8:34 AM Post #950 of 1,957
Thanks for the awesome explanations and recommendations! I'm ok with Fatfreq's stock cables personally
Yes, the stock cable will do for a while. But the strongest difference in sound is even with simple Effect audio Signature Series cables. Not to mention Code23 or other more premium ones. So if you want to save money and measure your banker, try to start with Effect audio Signature Series cables.
Of these, I would take Effect Audio Eros S or 4W or 8W, but 4 is better usability, so that it is not such a big rope. At the same time, the sound will definitely be better on 8W...

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2023 at 2:30 AM Post #951 of 1,957
Hello Guys, small of topic. Has anybody recently contacted FF directly? I had a waranty case and they stoped answering me, so I am wondering are they still alive or may be something happend to them? Thanks in avance

Jul 26, 2023 at 2:39 AM Post #952 of 1,957
Hello Guys, small of topic. Has anybody recently contacted FF directly? I had a waranty case and they stoped answering me, so I am wondering are they still alive or may be something happend to them? Thanks in avance
It seems they're flat out working on new stuff and admin, expect delayed responses for the next short while from what I gather.

Jul 26, 2023 at 3:29 AM Post #953 of 1,957
From what I heard, I think they're updating their current website, so they might be busy with transferring their old website and all their customer details and chats into their new website. I would expect some delays for 1-2 weeks considering how long it would take to update their whole website.

Jul 26, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #956 of 1,957

It seems they're flat out working on new stuff and admin, expect delayed responses for the next short while from what I gather.

From what I heard, I think they're updating their current website, so they might be busy with transferring their old website and all their customer details and chats into their new website. I would expect some delays for 1-2 weeks considering how long it would take to update their whole website.

We are currently in the midst of a website transition so expect slightly more delayed responses than usual.

Correct - it will take about 1-2 weeks fore everything to be updated.

Jul 26, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #957 of 1,957
MusicTeck Stay updated on MusicTeck at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MusicTeckStore https://www.musicteck.com/ info@musicteck.com
Jul 26, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #958 of 1,957
Jul 26, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #959 of 1,957
Did you check Evua II with Mest III
Yes, I did. With Evua II (vs. stock), I got a darker background which helps more details to be pronounced. There is more air and more clean presence with Evua II. The stock cable has more bass decay which makes the lower-end sounds fuller.
Although Evua II is an OCC silver-copper hybrid cable, it has a more high-quality silver signature to my ears. The stock PW cable is a classic well-isolated copper sound.

MusicTeck Stay updated on MusicTeck at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MusicTeckStore https://www.musicteck.com/ info@musicteck.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back