FatFreq Grand Maestro
Apr 15, 2024 at 10:21 PM Post #241 of 256
I paid extra 180 USD (or SGD, can't rmb) for the mesh guard. Have to request manually :)

Yes they sound incredible!
Ahh no wonder, thanks for the clarification.

Apr 16, 2024 at 7:55 AM Post #242 of 256
Pretty sad as I have just shipped back my CIEM GM to Fatfreq. My left IEM has a venting issue which causes uneven air pressure vs the right ear. I occasionally get vacuum in my left ear when adjusting the fit. I suspect it's because the venting hole is not properly done.

They took more than a week for QC checks and it was still shipped like this. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Now I have to be away from my GM for another 2-3 weeks (including shipping times) while they fix this.

Left:
PXL_20240407_202005302.MP.jpg

Right:
PXL_20240407_202016893.MP.jpg

Apr 16, 2024 at 7:29 PM Post #243 of 256
Pretty sad as I have just shipped back my CIEM GM to Fatfreq. My left IEM has a venting issue which causes uneven air pressure vs the right ear. I occasionally get vacuum in my left ear when adjusting the fit. I suspect it's because the venting hole is not properly done.

They took more than a week for QC checks and it was still shipped like this. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Now I have to be away from my GM for another 2-3 weeks (including shipping times) while they fix this.

Left:

Right:
Sorry to hear that, it's really unfortunate you got a bad unit. I checked mine right away after seeing your post and luckily mine venting holes are okay. Hope you get yours back soon!

Apr 17, 2024 at 2:23 AM Post #244 of 256

Left:

Right:
I don´t want to claim anything and please do not get my wrong.
I just can not imagine that it was shipped like this, especially after QC.
Also I can not imagine you did not see that on the first close inspection when receiving your ~2500$ IEM.
To me it looks like the vent is blocked by the grease/dirt which also is clearly visible around the blocked vent.
Again, I don´t want to claim anything or accuse you, I just can not imagine it, but that does not have to mean anything.
Anyways, I hope it will be fixed soon and you get to enjoys your babies again!

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #245 of 256
I don´t want to claim anything and please do not get my wrong.
I just can not imagine that it was shipped like this, especially after QC.
Also I can not imagine you did not see that on the first close inspection when receiving your ~2500$ IEM.
To me it looks like the vent is blocked by the grease/dirt which also is clearly visible around the blocked vent.
Again, I don´t want to claim anything or accuse you, I just can not imagine it, but that does not have to mean anything.
Anyways, I hope it will be fixed soon and you get to enjoys your babies again!
Hi,

I did inspect it when it first arrived. I can't recall if I noticed it tho, but the vacuum issue was present from the first minute. I didn't think it was a venting issue (and didn't check). I thought it was just the tight fit causing it. A few days on I checked the venting system and saw that the hole was like this.

Also, it's not dirt. I don't have a good picture to show but the hole is there, it is just drilled sideways (and it's half a size smaller than the right hole). The stuff that looks like "dirt" is actually the shell drilled improperly.

PXL_20240407_201938793.MP.jpg

Lastly, I baby the CIEMs incredibly. Always wiped with alcohol wipes, never near dirt, always stored in case.

I know you can't believe this would have past their QC (I can't either), but I've heard even worse things (eg, loose 2-pin connectors, drivers dead on arrival -- how on earth did that leave the Fatfreq office?).

Apr 17, 2024 at 3:23 PM Post #246 of 256
I know you can't believe this would have past their QC (I can't either), but I've heard even worse things (eg, loose 2-pin connectors, drivers dead on arrival -- how on earth did that leave the Fatfreq office?).
Almost seems like they are cutting down on QC to keep up with orders which is a really bad strategy imho.
Thanks for clarification and not taking it as an offense! :beerchug:

Apr 17, 2024 at 4:50 PM Post #247 of 256
Almost seems like they are cutting down on QC to keep up with orders which is a really bad strategy imho.
Thanks for clarification and not taking it as an offense! :beerchug:
No worries :) weird cuz they took a week for QC checks. Idk if its doing QC check of batches (wouldn't be surprised - that's an efficient way), but not when stuff like this gets past.

It may have been dirt, but if it was, it wasn't from my end. I didn't take a toothpick to poke it to see if it was part of the acrylic shell or actual dirt. Didn't wanna touch it. But it looks to me most likely as just a poorly drilled hole.

Apr 17, 2024 at 10:46 PM Post #248 of 256
Deleted

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 2:50 AM Post #249 of 256
I am currently using the stock silver cable for my GM, while it sounds really good I wonder what the upgraded gold plated silver would sound like and I also heard good things about the Eletech Raphael. If anyone has one they are willing to let go, pm me!

Apr 18, 2024 at 3:54 AM Post #250 of 256
No worries :) weird cuz they took a week for QC checks. Idk if its doing QC check of batches (wouldn't be surprised - that's an efficient way), but not when stuff like this gets past.

It may have been dirt, but if it was, it wasn't from my end. I didn't take a toothpick to poke it to see if it was part of the acrylic shell or actual dirt. Didn't wanna touch it. But it looks to me most likely as just a poorly drilled hole.
This is not Fatfreq first rodeo of bad QC. I am sorry to say this but i have heard a lot of people who bought GM or SE often get into trouble with their unit. Their bad QC now is notorious in the community. Until today i dont know if Fatfreq going to at least fix their problem or not. Sorry for your unit. I saw the picture i think there is something blocking it do you not dare to poke it with needle?

Apr 18, 2024 at 4:59 AM Post #251 of 256
I am currently using the stock silver cable for my GM, while it sounds really good I wonder what the upgraded gold plated silver would sound like and I also heard good things about the Eletech Raphael. If anyone has one they are willing to let go, pm me!
I will be letting go of my Raphael after my GM comes back fixed. (Currently using Raph with my backup IEM).

This is not Fatfreq first rodeo of bad QC. I am sorry to say this but i have heard a lot of people who bought GM or SE often get into trouble with their unit. Their bad QC now is notorious in the community. Until today i dont know if Fatfreq going to at least fix their problem or not. Sorry for your unit. I saw the picture i think there is something blocking it do you not dare to poke it with needle?
Yeah i didn't dare poke it because I don't want dirt falling into my unit. I actually didn't think it was dirt tbh. It looked to me like a poorly drilled hole, and the "stuff" is the poorly drilled acrylic shell. Anyways I already sent it back to FF for them to fix.

May 4, 2024 at 7:15 AM Post #253 of 256

Left:

Right:

Its coming back!! Should arrive by coming Tuesday/Wednesday.

May 9, 2024 at 10:20 AM Post #255 of 256

Left:

Right:

Its arrived today. Apparently there was some earwax stuck in the vents (not sure how earwax could get there, let alone get stuck inside, but okay).

Anyways, they put a filter over the vents to ensure nothing else falls inside. Hope this doesn't affect the venting system (they said it won't).

PXL_20240509_135348658.MP.jpg

I've just only tested for 10 mins, but much less vacuum. Need more testing to rule any vacuum out completely, but my left IEM is much more clearer sounding!

They've also refitted the left IEM, it fits better now, although I think it can still be tighter. But it's not a major issue so I'll get it refitted when I visit them in person in August.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back