Fatal1ty Professional Series Gaming Headset Mk II
Nov 29, 2009 at 3:38 PM Post #32 of 35
I've been playing Quake3 professionally since 2004 and I can tell you that there is nothing I've tried or heard of that can match the accurate sound-stage of the AD700. Do yourself a favor if you are a gamer, buy AD700s and get the zalman mic, you won't be disappointed.

Nov 29, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #33 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't bash something if you haven't tried it. I, for one, find the zalman mic stellar. If you were willing to do a spot of internet research instead of waiting for someone else to do it for you, you would know that the zalman mic does not sound awful and may be better than the stuff attached to that hideous fata1ity thing. And also that the AD700s are about ~$100 .

I guess I want to turn this comment to the original headphones. How many in this thread have actually heard the Fatality headphones, but make no tip-toed forward sneak attack in bashing them. I wouldn't mind if everyone had heard them and bashed them - only if they were not head-fiers who own the penchant for hating anything mainstream. That isn't the case though. Perhaps for gaming, this headphone is great. I have not heard it, but I won't throw it out with anything else I have not tried.

Nov 29, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #34 of 35
All gaming headsets are awful with the exception of the $300 Beyerdynamic ones that are a fusion of the DT880 and their aviation mics.

Buy a pair of headphones and a standalone mic (I use a desktop standing mic, but clip-on works too, however when you get into higher end headphones you'll want to avoid the clip-on as it will pinch the cable).

Nov 29, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #35 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess I want to turn this comment to the original headphones. How many in this thread have actually heard the Fatality headphones, but make no tip-toed forward sneak attack in bashing them. I wouldn't mind if everyone had heard them and bashed them - only if they were not head-fiers who own the penchant for hating anything mainstream. That isn't the case though. Perhaps for gaming, this headphone is great. I have not heard it, but I won't throw it out with anything else I have not tried.

indeed. now they have a point at 99 dollars. its not worth that. but at the price i got it..it can't be beat.:p i have senns 280/497 and i don't think the mk2's are that far behind. so for gaming its not that bad. i also got the first version of the fatal1ty when it was 9.99 after rebate, now those were a pile of junk, build quality was a joke. but the mk2 isn't too bad. build quality and sound is improved, its actually pretty comfy where the first just mashed my ears to bits. the wire still is a bit dodgy though, one strand thats almost as thin as a single strand of the double strand wire of the senn:p

i tried using a boom mic but its unnatural feeling keeping your head still to direct your voice at a mic that is still quite a distance from your mouth no matter how long the boom is. plus its annoying to see the mic in your visual field like that. and unsure of your transmit you get a bit shouty.

fair price of value from my assessment for the mark1 is probably about 20-25 dollars. for the mk2 45-50 i'd say. course i guess the issue is with the fatal1ty label of badness, if you are going to slap something like that on it you better deliver something more. esp when the original prices are set a bit ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back