fata1ty 1010 mouse review.
Jul 23, 2007 at 7:26 AM Post #31 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Infrared Optical, no laser

Infrared's the whole problem with lasers, how would moving to a less powerful source solve the problem. Light needs to reflect, infrade just illuminates, thus all the tracking issues. The only reason I can see why companies like razer go with such technology is for the “neat gota have it” marketing. This is why I recommend staying away from them; they’re the megawatt bling and spinners of the computer world… They're posers and all for show!!

Jul 23, 2007 at 3:18 PM Post #33 of 43
My mouse is shinier than yours!!!

Like I said IMO the g5 and the g7 are an improvement on the 518 in every way but the forward button. I have had NO tracking problems with my g7 so I will stick with my mouse bling.

P.S. How do you think my mouse would look if I put a bunch of those pink stick on rhinestone things on it?

Jul 23, 2007 at 3:45 PM Post #34 of 43
I just picked up a death adder and have been very impressed so far. I previously had a diamondback. The 1000hz polling rate on the adder is insane! This mouse does not skip a beat; the cursor is liquid smooth all over the screen. I have had no tracking issues using this on my Steelpad S&S. They finally got the side button placement correct. You can actually use them! Overall I am very happy with my purchase. I've been gaming on the PC for 16 years and know a high quality mouse when I use one. Razer definitely has some top notch products which compete very well on the market.

Just my 2c.

~Zip

Edit: Sorry, not trying to threadjack. Creative does put out some good products; most of em are not for me. Good review though.

Jul 23, 2007 at 4:52 PM Post #35 of 43
The genius who decided to remove side buttons on Logitech mouse should be neutered. The only reason why I haven't upgraded my MX500 to laser ones is because those damn things don't have back/forward side buttons.

It's one of those things that you can't live without after using it for awhile.

Jul 23, 2007 at 5:22 PM Post #36 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The genius who decided to remove side buttons on Logitech mouse should be neutered.

I disagree. He should be neutered TWICE!!!!! muahahahahahahahahahahaha... *awkward silence*... *cough* *cough*

Jul 23, 2007 at 5:56 PM Post #37 of 43
I will love my IME 3.0 for ever! It is such an amazing mouse. I had one back when they were released back in 2002 and it died and I was forced to use other mice when I found out microsoft was re-releasing it last year I was soooo excited. Great review

Jul 23, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #38 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt_Carter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Infrared's the whole problem with lasers, how would moving to a less powerful source solve the problem. Light needs to reflect, infrade just illuminates, thus all the tracking issues. The only reason I can see why companies like razer go with such technology is for the “neat gota have it” marketing. This is why I recommend staying away from them; they’re the megawatt bling and spinners of the computer world… They're posers and all for show!!

You're confusing the two. Laser mice use a laser angled at the mousepad that reflects back into a sensor, this is a very specific beam of light.

Optical mice use a LED to illuminate the mousepad below, and then a sensor looks at the illuminated mousepad. All Infrared does is instead of using a visible Red or Blue light, it uses invisible Infrared light. Infrared mice have NOTHING to do with Laser mice. Infrared mice also have had ZERO tracking problems (they are perfect like optical mice), at least the kind of problems related to laser mice.

Jul 24, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #40 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt_Carter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually I wasn't referring to led and laser, but infrared.

Infrared optical and LED optical are hardly different, just one of them is using invisible light.

Jul 28, 2007 at 4:00 AM Post #42 of 43
yeah I'm a hardcore gamer and I can say with a certain certainty,mx518 and deathadder are the two best mice,diamondback isnt too bad,all lasers are very bad,g5 is ok though.

Jul 28, 2007 at 6:52 AM Post #43 of 43
I bought the Deathadder some months ago and have been fairly pleased. The scroll wheel squeaks a bit which I managed to fix (partially at least) using a guide on the net.
I got the mouse primarily for work use, I don't game much, which might be crazy for a mouse meant for hardcore gamers in both features and price, but at least it's quiet!
My previous two mice (Microsoft and Logitech wireless mice) both had the most irritating high pitched whine, that you could easily hear if your computer setup was moderately quiet, and it drove me insane! Thankfully the Deathadder is dead quiet, except for the button clicks which I can deal with. Even the bling-bling LEDs on the mouse aren't that bad compared to other models and they can be turned off as well. Quite happy with the mouse for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back