fata1ty 1010 mouse review.
Jul 22, 2007 at 1:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43
31664446-2-200-overview-1.gif

Now, with the mouse being the most influential of your gaming experience, I decided to invest in finding the best $ can buy.
While previously going though mice like toilet paper; pondering the glory of having a mouse with no dam internal acceleration, I said “screw it!” and saved my self the time by purchasing every companies reference at the time. Microsoft habu, logitech g5, razor copperhead, A4 X7, Creative Fatal1ty, amongst several other no name chinkers.
After pulling my hair out over such pieces of poo like the habu and copperhead; the little underdog was really starting to spark my interest. With the Creative Fatal1ty being the only true 1:1 transmitter with transit speeds you only find in the audiophile world... the decision was made; and I was off to return and sell off the other poor excuses.

From ergonomics to what really matters in performance; the Creative Fatal1ty exhibits what a true enthusiast mouse should be.
-With-out skipping a single beat, you can whip the thing around at off the chart G’s and have it return to the exact pixel u started, partly thanks to its 1:1.
-With its high gauge, highly shielded, extremely fast wire technology; you can save your-self CPU cycles from upping your polling rate to unstable levels. I have never experienced transmit speeds like this in a mouse, a very inspiring surprise.
-Couldn’t tell you what material’s used for its feet, but this thing hovers on air.
-I know ergonomics is a very personal thing, but IMO the Fatal1ty is probably the only true competitor to the brilliant, classic UFO mouse.

Its really a-shame such a great performer has such a garbage name behind it. Before ripping the thing apart, the mouse use-to randomly double click, half my weights are chipped, and the locking mechanism for the weights is toast.
Nonetheless as I type it’s working like the gem that it is (- the weights, aka stupid gimmick).

Jul 22, 2007 at 3:36 AM Post #2 of 43
I played with one for a while at a local pc shop and was not impressed. It just felt cheap to me and wasn't comfortable in my hand. Currently I have a logitech g7 but I like the g5 much better because of the added weight (i like a heavy mouse).

Once you get into the high end mice I think they are all good enough that none will offer an advantage over another in game (although changing sensitivity on the fly with the logitech is pretty sweet). It just comes down to comfort.

Jul 22, 2007 at 3:46 AM Post #3 of 43
Cool, a review. We need a section for user reviews.

Anyways.

I've used the logitech G5 for a long time. I really didn't think there was anything better.

Got a hold of a razr copperhead. The copperhead is much nicer. The build quality is much higher than the logitech. I am assuming I had the G5 serial number: 000001. Because it had so many cosmetic issues and it fell apart.

Jul 22, 2007 at 3:48 AM Post #4 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by wafflesomd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because it had so many cosmetic issues and it fell apart.

Really, the g5 I used felt really solid and well built. My g7 has had some trouble with the scroll wheel though.

EDIT: What mousepad are you using with the mice?

Jul 22, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #5 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by no1likesme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really, the g5 I used felt really solid and well built. My g7 has had some trouble with the scroll wheel though.

I bought my g5 pre-order, so it was the first batch most likely.

The mouse wheel did have problems. I did have something special with that mouse. Although it kinda fell apart. It has a very nice cloth surrounding around the cable, which is great for flexability, not so great for catching on corners and riopping through the cable.

It was crazy durable though.

Both razr and logitech are great mouse manufactuers. I reccomend both. It really comes down to personal preference, and we know a lot about that.

Jul 22, 2007 at 8:18 AM Post #6 of 43
I love my copperhead but it is dying. I need to get a deatheadder.

Jul 22, 2007 at 9:31 AM Post #8 of 43
Does anyone else hate side-buttons? I find I'm constantly pressing them as I move the mouse left and right. It's even worse when they're mapped to back / forward in the browser.

Jul 22, 2007 at 10:45 AM Post #10 of 43
Currently I'm useing the G5 as my allround mouse and it's sweet! I have no cosmetic or falling apart
wink.gif
issues.
I think between the higher end mice it all comes down to personal preference. I prefer the higher G5 model to the lower copperhead model.

Sidebuttons is just useless, not that they disturb me but I never use them. When browsing mousegestures is THE answer to fast navigation (Using Opera btw.)

Jul 22, 2007 at 10:56 AM Post #11 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by adamse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sidebuttons is just useless, not that they disturb me but I never use them. When browsing mousegestures is THE answer to fast navigation (Using Opera btw.)

Wow, I never heard of mousegetures before. Just downloaded it for firefox. It's awesome! Thanks! Going to spend hours customizing it.

I have always used the 3 sidebuttons on my mouse for minimize, maximise and close.

Jul 22, 2007 at 2:03 PM Post #12 of 43
I just got a Habu for cheap, and I'm still kind of split on it. Aesthetically, and for desktop use, it's awesome, but in gaming I'm trying to get used to it. The sensor has a much longer range than my old Intellimouse Explorer 3.0, and when I move the mouse right, pick it up and move it left back to the original position, sometimes it will track in midair!

The config program is also completely crap, unfortunately. I can't even do program-specific settings!
confused.gif

Jul 22, 2007 at 3:41 PM Post #13 of 43
Stay away from those laser mice, they are all bad news. It looks like you bought every single laser mouse too =b

MX518, Intellimouse 3.0, and Razer Deathadder are currently the top choices for performing mice. Your problems with acceleration can all be solved by shutting off "enhance pointer precision" in the mouse settings, and then installing the CPL Mouse Fix.

Jul 22, 2007 at 3:54 PM Post #14 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stay away from those laser mice, they are all bad news. It looks like you bought every single laser mouse too =b

MX518, Intellimouse 3.0, and Razer Deathadder are currently the top choices for performing mice. Your problems with acceleration can all be solved by shutting off "enhance pointer precision" in the mouse settings, and then installing the CPL Mouse Fix.

The early laser mice (mx1000) did have some issues but the current gen lasers are perfectly fine. I upgraded from a MX518 to the G7 and the G7 is far superior In every way except that the G7 only has 1 side button. I loved having forward and back buttons on my mouse but now I only have back.
frown.gif

Jul 22, 2007 at 4:20 PM Post #15 of 43
Mice the 1010 stomped, AKA owned in the past.

Logitech Wireless Optical
Logitech dual optical
Logitech MX500
Logitech MX510
Logitech MX518
Logitech MX700
Logitech MX1000
Logitech Revolution
Logitech G5
Many other Logitech’s from here and there.

Razer diamondback
Razer copperhead

Microsoft Explorer 3.0
Microsoft Habu
Many other Microsofts from here and there.

A4 X7
A4 ???

UFO mouse

Some chinese mouse
(was actually extremely good!... I’ll find-out the name and get back to ya!!!)

Plus many other unworthy mentionables.

I game, its what I do, you all need to let go of your pride and listen to me. Implying the Logitech MX1000 is better then the 1010 is absolutely ridiculous.
If it wasn’t for Wacom tablet mice tracking so far off. I would put there tablets as the only competitor to the 1010.
And yes laser mice are fit for the trash. And yes the MX518, Explorer 3.0, and boomslang will allways remain classics.

http://rapidshare.com/files/44382732...ouse_Hacks.zip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back