fata1ty 1010 mouse review.
Jul 22, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #17 of 43
I have no issues with pressing the side buttons on my Razer Copperhead. I can hit both of the right side buttons (for DPI) with my pinky, and the left side buttons with my thumb. Very comfortable for me, but I guess it's not like that for everyone.

Jul 22, 2007 at 6:11 PM Post #18 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by wafflesomd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The side buttons are useful on the Logitech's. However, on the razr's, they literally cause pain if you try and touch them.

not for me. My razer is teh pwn and I attribute it to our current success in cal.

http://www.caleague.com/?page=teams&teamid=136946

Jul 22, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #19 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by no1likesme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The early laser mice (mx1000) did have some issues but the current gen lasers are perfectly fine. I upgraded from a MX518 to the G7 and the G7 is far superior In every way except that the G7 only has 1 side button. I loved having forward and back buttons on my mouse but now I only have back.
frown.gif

I've gone through the G5, Razer Copperhead, and one of the new MSoft Laser mice (6000 or something). They ALL have tracking problems. While you personally may not notice it, I play at a very low sensitivity and any sort of fast movement and all these laser mice go off whack. They are picky about surfaces too, NONE of them could track on my Granite desk. They also hated my black mousepads, they drift and downright stop tracking properly alltogether, even when I put the sensitivity to a more "normal" speed.

Razer quickly went away from the Laser mice for good reason. They are now back on optical with the Deathadder and it's easily one of the best mouse releases ever. Logitech wont let the MX518 die because they know damned well that it tracks far superior. Same with Microsoft keeping their Intellimouse series of optical based mice, another massive hit with gamers.

Jul 22, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #20 of 43
I gamed competitively too and once you get in the area of the logitech MX series or the razer's, it simply doesn't matter much. My G7 has served me quite well in CAL M (my previous clan were division champions). I am able to replicate my performance with any logitech series mouse post mx700. The razer's are equally as competent, they just don't fit my hand as well.

Jul 22, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #21 of 43
I like the 1010 because its shape is vague facsimile of the old Logitech MouseMan's and it has the adjustable weights (I like that heavy ball-mouse feel), but it's really an abysmal mouse in many respects. The build quality and button feel are quite poor compared to Razer's mice, and even Logitech does better in those respects. And the drivers... sweet jesus, the drivers. Drivers are supposed to improve the functionality of hardware, but in this case they make the mouse utterly unusable if installed.

And did you run into the polling rate problem of the 1010? For some reason, it drops from the standard 125 Hz to 67 Hz every so often, which caused horrible performance problems for me in games. This is fixable by upping the polling rate of the USB port to 1000 Hz, but the mouse still never does better than 300 Hz.

The 1010 was a nice - and very, very gimmicky - try from Creative, but mostly it just left me wanting more of that MouseMan shape. I would be first in line if Logitech were to bring that mouse back.

Jul 22, 2007 at 11:33 PM Post #22 of 43
MX518 for me. The side buttons are invaluable for me, because less work in moving the mouse to the Back button on websites. Most games recognize them too, so I can easily map them.

I love wired mice too; such a pain in the rump when the batteries die in wireless mice in the midst of a firefight.
mad.gif

Jul 23, 2007 at 1:19 AM Post #23 of 43
I <3 my razer diamondback. my first real gaming mouse was an MX510. Loved it, but I found it to be a little too heavy. I decided to try out the razer diamondback --- it was a little weird at first, but then when I got used to it, i fell in love. Seeing they released the copperhead had me wondering what it would be like since it looked so cool and had interesting features to boot. Decided to give it a try... and I found myself coming back to the diamondback once again. the copperhead's design just wasn't for me. side buttons were placed below the rubber grips on the side which made them harder to access, and they also had more tension so the right side was a pain to use. the diamondback is perfect for me... light, ergonomic, responsive, and i love having buttons
smily_headphones1.gif
--- the removal of a side button on the G5/G7 made me sad
frown.gif

Jul 23, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #24 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sh0eBoX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the removal of a side button on the G5/G7 made me sad
frown.gif

Me too. I realized it was gone when it arrived at my house
frown.gif
(didn't look at the pics online close enough).

Jul 23, 2007 at 4:08 AM Post #26 of 43
I enjoyed reading your review.

I'll stick with Logitech. As a company, Logitech does nothing but put out great products. I am amazed at how perfect everything I buy from them is. Its just awesome stuff. I forget what Logitech mouse I have now, but its exceeded my expectations and I am certain the next mouse I purchase with be, you guessed it, a Logitech.

Jul 23, 2007 at 5:08 AM Post #29 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Infrared Optical, no laser

that's what my diamondback is too (i have the diamondback plasma)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back