fastest thing on 4 wheels????
Mar 16, 2005 at 8:41 AM Post #31 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by TWIFOSP
Meh, The Stig never does a perfect run which is kind of silly since they are testing the cars performance. On that video, he clearly jacked up 2 corners. So it's not really an equal test.

Isn't the test also supposed to reflect how driveable the car is? It's not like team ortega whooping ass with the viper is an every day occurence. No one else seems to be able to win much with a viper
tongue.gif

Mar 16, 2005 at 9:31 AM Post #32 of 41
When Clarkson drove one on Top Gear his face was stretched back like rubber, it was so fast. An amazing, but super impractical car
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2005 at 10:12 AM Post #33 of 41
I think the whole discussion about fast cars in the states is rediculous cause the speed limits are stupid.
biggrin.gif
What seems to be more important there is having cup holders in the standart equipment. BTW where do you guys race your cars? Is it in a circuit cause for sure i wouldnt do it on the road with the cops giving you a ticket for going with 57miles?
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 17, 2005 at 12:08 AM Post #34 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelfly
When Clarkson drove one on Top Gear his face was stretched back like rubber, it was so fast. An amazing, but super impractical car
biggrin.gif

It looked very funny, but wouldn't that happen on any honda at 100kph *without a windscreen* ???

Mar 17, 2005 at 1:17 AM Post #35 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimitris
Is it in a circuit cause for sure i wouldnt do it on the road with the cops giving you a ticket for going with 57miles?
smily_headphones1.gif

Cops cant give you a ticket if they cant catch you.

Mar 17, 2005 at 3:25 PM Post #38 of 41
running from the cops is stupid, but a few people i used to know with made a game of that. One guy i knew pretty well is dead from that.

They defiantly cannot catch very fast bikes, and for supercars that approach highend bike level performance, you are gonna outrun anything cop related, so long as you know how to drive, where to hide, and how to get there. Pretty much you have a death wish as well. So yea, you will get arrested most likely (or die) if you try.

Mar 17, 2005 at 4:17 PM Post #40 of 41
Lately, me!
k1000smile.gif

My conscience speaking:

rolleyes.gif
*Must not hit 95mph too often on the way to work*
rolleyes.gif

Mar 17, 2005 at 9:50 PM Post #41 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
running from the cops is stupid, but a few people i used to know with made a game of that. One guy i knew pretty well is dead from that.

They defiantly cannot catch very fast bikes, and for supercars that approach highend bike level performance, you are gonna outrun anything cop related, so long as you know how to drive, where to hide, and how to get there. Pretty much you have a death wish as well. So yea, you will get arrested most likely (or die) if you try.

Totally agree. But i dont see the meaning of really low speed limits in the states. They are so low that you can have accidents by sleeping on the wheel because of boredom while the roads are quite huge. In Greece like in other european countries we have highways with no speed limit without any significant increase in accidents. This way you can go fast and be legal too. In one of them we had a few issues with fast cars creating air current pushing slower-small cars out of the road. Solution found? Weenie cars are not admited in these highways anymore.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back