1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Fast starting DAP

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Dickymint, Jan 13, 2020.
  1. Dickymint
    Hello folks, I am looking for a new DAP but one thing I would like is that it starts up reasonably quickly. Currently I have an Aune M2, it starts in about 3 seconds, whilst my Fiio X7 takes about 3 minutes. Things like streaming, Internet etc are not needed, just something that plays music without all the bells and whistles but with a good quality. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. Kenneth Galang
    Lotoo paw 6000 or lotoo paw gold touch

3. Dickymint
    Thanks Kenneth, good suggestion but I had a Paw 5000 for a while, good device but I want to try something different.

Kenneth Galang likes this.
  4. Nayparm
    Also Cowon's - These all sound great and boot quick, Same screen, OS, SOC and EQ system in all.

Plenue 1 - Burr-Brown PCM1792A - 128GB
    Plenue M2 - Burr-Brown PCM1795A - 128GB
    Plenue 2 - AK4497 (Balanced 2.5mm) - 128GB
    Plenue 2 MKII - AK4497 (Balanced 2.5mm with more power and 256GB)
    Plenue R2 - Dual CS43131 - 128GB
    Plenue S - Burr-Brown PCM1792A (Balanced 3.5mm) 128GB
    Plenue L - ES9038PRO (Balanced 4.4mm) 256GB

dsrk likes this.
  5. Dickymint
    That's the sort of thing I am looking for. I was just looking at the Plenue M2 as a matter of fact.

Nayparm likes this.
  6. Dickymint
    Is it just me, or DAPs getting a lot more expensive? I think I now understand why I stuck with the Fiio!

7. gazzington
    Lotoo paw gold touch

8. Tawek
    Lpg and Sony nwz x1060

9. musicday
    If money are no problem, and you don't mind a portable music player without a screen, then I will suggest only the Tera-Player woody 2020 model.

10. gazzington
    Good shout, tera starts the instant you push a card in

11. Dickymint
    Any other suggestions without the bells and whistles? No streaming, no internet, just playing music.

12. Nayparm
    Dethonray DTR1 - no EQ if you need one.

Hiby R3 Pro

Shanling M5s