Fascinating talk at CanJam this year
Mar 27, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #4 of 56
So, you still don't know the difference between science and marketing bull?
Oh, if it's a lecture with slide presentation, it must be science. :relaxed: "Analog phase lock loop", "Cables can add jitter by noise", brain can't determine instrument separation due to noise (causing listening fatigue), you can hear hundredths and hundredths of dB loss in noise: priceless. He's definitely creating a lot of problems that aren't realized in the real world-but is justifications for his DACs.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2024 at 3:59 PM Post #5 of 56
Oh, if it's a lecture with slide presentation, it must be science. :relaxed: "Analog phase lock loop", "Cables can add jitter by noise", brain can't determine instrument separation due to noise: priceless. He's definitely creating a lot of problems that aren't realized in the real world-but is justifications for his DACs.
Yet another who gets a dopamine rush trashing him but who doesn't know one ten-thousandth of what he knows about the topic at hand and can't disprove one single thing he says.

Mar 27, 2024 at 4:03 PM Post #6 of 56
Yet another who gets a dopamine rush trashing him but who doesn't know one ten-thousandth of what he knows about the topic at hand and can't disprove one single thing he says.
Sorry....anyone who isn't an audiophool would lose him when he claimed he was unimpressed with his digital audio equipment unless he turned off all lights in his house. Speaking of dopamine rush: that seems to be your MO in crapping in this sub-forum. I may not be an audio engineer, or as knowledgable about marketing BS....but I do have a graduate degree that included study of the brain. I know way more than him if he claims the human brain is getting fatigued due to hundredths of a dB difference in noise, or that (if it was actually a thing in reproduction) this theoretical minutia of noise being introduced in digital (which it doesn't) would actually be perceptual by our brain (which is developed to be indiscriminately filtering all stimuli at a given time). I also am a software developer: so when he goes into BS about "just a little bit of signal being a 1 or 0, it's all correlative when you get into GHz that you can hear". This is in stark contrast to how digital processing works: in which we are able to get GBps transfer rates now because it is bit perfect GBps transfer rates. His claim that he can now hear a clear difference with his new system between optical and USB because it's "GHz motherboard", is a great example of anecdotal evidence. I would expect you'd hear a difference, not because the system is "fast", but because the API is different for toslink (which may have a carry over of the OS's processing) vs USB (which is direct API that has no DSPs injected).

He also exhibits the expectation bias we were getting into with the thread that this OP spawned.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2024 at 4:42 PM Post #7 of 56
Sorry....anyone who isn't an audiophool would lose him when he claimed he was unimpressed with his digital audio equipment unless he turned off all lights in his house. Speaking of dopamine rush: that seems to be your MO in crapping in this sub-forum.
Ah yes, more insults. Well done. Very scientific.
I may not be an audio engineer, or as knowledgable about marketing BS....but I do have a graduate degree that included study of the brain. I know way more than him if he claims the human brain is getting fatigued due to hundredths of a dB difference in noise,
"I know more than him" doesn't qualify as disproving what he says.
or that (if it was actually a thing in reproduction) this theoretical minutia of noise being introduced in digital (which it doesn't) would actually be perceptual by our brain (which is developed to be indiscriminately filtering all stimuli at a given time). I also am a software developer: so when he goes into BS about "just a little bit of signal being a 1 or 0, it's all correlative when you get into GHz that you can hear". This is in stark contrast to how digital processing works: in which we are able to get GBps transfer rates now because it is bit perfect GBps transfer rates. His claim that he can now hear a clear difference with his new system between optical and USB because it's "GHz motherboard", is a great example of anecdotal evidence. I would expect you'd hear a difference, not because the system is "fast", but because the API is different for toslink (which may have a carry over of the OS's processing) vs USB (which is direct API that has no DSPs injected).

He also exhibits the expectation bias we were getting into with the thread that this OP spawned.
As I figured, lots of.nastiness, but you can't disprove anything he says.

Mar 27, 2024 at 4:45 PM Post #8 of 56
Ah yes, more insults. Well done. Very scientific.
From the guy who only hurls insults on this sub-forum. Well done
"I know more than him" doesn't qualify as disproving what he says.
I was addressing your claim that I don't know any of the topics he covered
As I figured, lots of.nastiness, but you can't disprove anything he says.
I actually do in the quote, but evidently you ignore that.

Mar 27, 2024 at 4:48 PM Post #9 of 56
Last edited:
Mar 27, 2024 at 6:09 PM Post #10 of 56
From the guy who only hurls insults on this sub-forum. Well done
Lie: this video, fuller of sound science than everything you've posted combined, is an insult?
I was addressing your claim that I don't know any of the topics he covered
Another lie. I said he knows a hell of a lot more.
I actually do in the quote, but evidently you ignore that.
Another lie: you disproved nothing scientifically; you just disagreed.

Mar 27, 2024 at 6:14 PM Post #11 of 56
Lie: this video, fuller of sound science than everything you've posted combined, is an insult?
Stating mombo jumbo I referenced is neither science or me brandishing insults: it's me demonstrating key ideas that are demonstrably not science.
Another lie. I said he knows a hell of a lot more.
No he doesn't....his ideas about neuroanatomy are quite laughable
Another lie: you disproved nothing scientifically; you just disagreed.
Look in the mirror about blaming people for only insulting (which is what most your contributions in this sub-forum are). Or that your beliefs are arguments based on facts.

Mar 27, 2024 at 6:19 PM Post #12 of 56
Stating mombo jumbo I referenced is neither science or me brandishing insults: it's me demonstrating key ideas that are demonstrably not science.
And yet you don't demonstrate it. Just more bla bla bla.
No he doesn't....his ideas about neuroanatomy are quite laughable
It may interest you to know that laughter is not disproving scientifcally.
Look in the mirror about blaming people for only insulting (which is what most your contributions in this sub-forum are). Or that your beliefs are arguments based on facts.
I don't insult people; I insult ideas. Such as yours.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2024 at 6:28 PM Post #13 of 56
And yet you don't demonstrate it. Just more bla bla bla.
Aparently bla bla bla you can't read and understand. My arguments were quite simple
It may interest you to know that laughter is not disproving scientifcally.
I already had scientific arguments: but you're not interested in those....so I deconstructed to your level: Watts has no knowledge of how the brain works.
I don't insult people; I insult ideas. Such as yours.
No, even in this thread, you've proven you don't like to address ideas....just insult other members.

Mar 27, 2024 at 7:46 PM Post #14 of 56
Sorry, but it seems to be the same as always for his little interventions shown on videos. So long as he talks about electronic, digital signal, a little math, and objective variables, all is well and often interesting. The moment he starts declaring that this and that are audible(or not) while offering zero documented data or research to support the claim, how is it different from any random guy making an empty statement about his feelings of sound?
The only visible difference is the appeal to authority. But even that is wrong because his expertise is not in listening experiments and human hearing thresholds.

Mar 27, 2024 at 7:57 PM Post #15 of 56
Aparently bla bla bla you can't read and understand. My arguments were quite simple

I already had scientific arguments: but you're not interested in those....so I deconstructed to your level: Watts has no knowledge of how the brain works.

No, even in this thread, you've proven you don't like to address ideas....just insult other members.
The funny part is when you insult back, you're labeled as the aggressor.

If they don't like it or can't understand it they hurl insults, then report you when they can't convince you with their tantrums.

Thats why only the same "geniuses" post in this section and no one bothers having a discussion here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back