Fanny Wang Launches Over Ear DJ Wangs, Available for Pre-Order!
Jul 18, 2011 at 8:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

FWHeadphones

Member of the Trade: Fanny Wang Headphones

About the DJ Over Ear Wangs:

Powered by 2 AA batteries, the Over Ear DJ Wangs deliver 6dB of assisted Bass Boost. Fanny Wang's signature design and unique combination of high-fashion style and premium sound are breaking ground in the high-end headphone market. The 2001 Over Ear DJ Wangs are the latest offering from the innovative Fanny Wang team.

From the studio to the club, the DJ Over Ear Wang Headphones offer enhanced sound with selectable bass boost. The 50mm titanium dual-plated drivers let the DJ Wangs deliver the cleanest sound production in its class. Tuned to deliver natural, thumping bass with crystal clear mids and highs, the selectable Bass Boost fine tunes the Fanny Wang combination of beauty in sound and design. The DJ Over Ear Wangs are currently available for pre-order and will ship late Summer 2011.

The 2001 Over Ear DJ Wang Headphones include:

* Powered Amp + 50mm titanium dual plated drivers

* Integrated Duo Jack (in-line cable splitter) that lets you add friends

* iPhone ready with remote and microphone

* Bass Boost produces 6dB rich bone shaking bass

* Rigid foam carrying case

* Comes in a variety of color combinations

The Over Ear DJ Wang's SRP: $249.95

"The sound these headphones bring are incredible," said Fanny Wang's CEO Tim Hickman. "Our design engineer has been working non-stop with our sound engineers to create a product that is both beautiful to look at paired with awesome listening capabilities," added Hickman. "The powered Bass Boost offers our consumers clear, rich bass without cluttering the middle and upper end of the sound spectrum."

Fanny Wang expects the Over Ear DJ Wang Headphones to be popular among both DJ's, avid audiophiles, and sound-engineer professionals.

Like the rest of the Fanny Wang headphone line up, the Over Ear DJ Wangs come with an integrated DuoJack cable splitter and a Limited Warranty.

The DJ Over Ear Wangs are currently available for pre-order and will ship late August 2011. Fanny Wang premium headphones are available to order at www.fannywang.com

Jul 28, 2011 at 6:09 AM Post #3 of 17

I think the possibly worse part of the entire advertisement is the fact that it's comparing their headphones to Beats, PXC450, and the Denon which are all clearly noise-cancelling. It's like comparing a truck to three sedans and saying that their vehicle has the most amount of space available. Well, no duh, Sherlock.

Jul 28, 2011 at 10:16 AM Post #4 of 17
Beavis and Butthead moment: Isn't a Fanny slang for the human posterior (and in the UK a woman's anterior?)  And the Wang?  Is this one big off-season April Fools Joke?

Anyways...

This are "lifestyle" headphones.  You want to feel like you are part of the club scene? They are selling that illusion.  Heck they have a Girls section on their site and show athletes as part of their "team". 

What next for credibility?  "As seen on Head-Fi?"

Granted, I've not heard them.  However, looking at who they are comparing themselves to, it is clear they want to be the bargain-but-lets-pretend-we-are-premium brand vs. beats. 

Jul 29, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #5 of 17
I hate to sound like I'm defending them, but the On Ears weren't horrid. I actually liked them more than the P5. They weren't as good as the HD25 though. They have a weird sound sig. It isn't for those that like accurate sound, at all, though. 

I might be getting a sample of these to review in a couple weeks. I promise to be brutally honest. I wish I'd be able to get a TDK ST800 before next Summer to compare them to though. They're both priced at $250 and have funky gadgetry in them. (The ST800 has an inline EQ module)

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:19 AM Post #6 of 17
You don't belong here Fanny Wang, go to the Beats fanclub and get some people there.

Why would anyone buy this over the Sennheiser HD25 ii or the Beyer t50 (for a bit more money)?? its not even noise cancelling...

Jul 30, 2011 at 10:48 AM Post #7 of 17

Quote:
You don't belong here Fanny Wang, go to the Beats fanclub and get some people there.

Why would anyone buy this over the Sennheiser HD25 ii or the Beyer t50 (for a bit more money)?? its not even noise cancelling...

Hey be nice, they're helping pay for our bills. 

This is a fullsized headphone. Their on ear Wangs were priced at $170 and don't compare to the HD25, but they don't really intend to. And street price is $100ish for them now. That puts them in a different price range, which includes the ES7, MS300, and not much else. There's a $40 difference between this and the HD25 (if you can find a good deal), and they sound nothing like them. Their sound sig is closer to the Bowers and Wilkins P5 if anything. I do think it's weird that a "fashion" company is attempting to be serious with their headphones, but they may have potential. The on ears are nice chillout 'phones.

Jul 30, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #8 of 17
ohh, sorry for my stupid comment. 

then why would anyone choose this over the Audio Technica m50?? (I would like to say Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO but its too ugly for people who wants to buy this in the first place)

Jul 30, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #9 of 17

Quote:
ohh, sorry for my stupid comment. 

then why would anyone choose this over the Audio Technica m50?? (I would like to say Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO but its too ugly for people who wants to buy this in the first place)

The on ears fold and end up being able to fit in a cargo pants pocket. I have no idea how the over ears sound--I'll be getting one to review next month--and don't want to make a comment about them until I hear them for myself, but the M50's aren't all that great in my experience. I liked any of my current headphones more than them.

Jul 30, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #12 of 17
The On Ears weren't really bassy to me... I really don't know how to classify their sound signature.

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #14 of 17

Quote:
yeah they were, maybe it was my friends eq and the music he listens to (he only listens to techno, club and dance)

They have more bass than neutral, but it had such little impact with music that isn't electronic or rap/hip hop that it's difficult to call them bassy. It reminds me of an upgraded amped Philips Stretch with more colored mids actually, which is still vague...

Jul 31, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #15 of 17
I will be very interested in a review of these by you Ishcabible when they come out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back