Famous quotes by Patrick82
Dec 12, 2006 at 3:24 AM Post #106 of 309
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found his upgrade summary amusing. The level of the upgrade is based on a 1 to 10 point scale, but the very first upgrade is given a numerical score of 15.
blink.gif
It just gets out of control after that. Plus, it looks like it took a very long time to write this.

If an upgrade makes twice as big improvement I put double the score. The 1-10 scale didn't work since the improvements were cumulative. The more I tweaked the bigger the improvements got. I had no idea it could sound any better than it already did, I got surprised every time. When I got my first 1 million improvement score it sounded so unreal I thought something was broken!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess if you consider telling people they don't have the IQ to understand you polite.

Where did I say it? Didn't I just paste a quote I found on a website?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckickflip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this quote is just so great. patrick82 might as well work for nordost. it's as if the headphone doesn't matter at all, just the cables :]

People with Valhalla cables would agree. After I got my first Valhalla cable it was the most important component in my system.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jefemeister /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These are just from the first page of results I got...first is my favorite, rest in random order.

Quote:

Originally Posted by oic929 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This guy is hilarious

I don't get it. I wrote the truth, how can truth be funny?
confused.gif

Instead of being scared of the unknown people laugh instead? When something is more shocking than they can handle they either die or start laughing? Or are they laughing at their own ignorance when they find the truth? Or because truth is not what they expected?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comfy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is so much dry english humor (even though he is a swede) going on in almost everything he has written, it's just amazing.
Maybe it's a cultural thing that some people (nationalities?) prefer the more obvious kind of jokes.
If you want to know if he is tongue-in-cheek or not, just check out the tags of his YouTube videos. Those might be an indication.

I don't even know what dry english humor is. I'm not trying to be funny, I'm just being myself. I quit school when 14 years old and have learned the english language and behaviour from watching movies. I was watching action movies at first but it got me banned from forums from using bad language. Now I watch all kinds of movies and I use a mixed up vocabulary instead.

Quote:

Being obsessed with something isn't necessary incompatible with being highly intelligent. Actually, those two go hand in hand more often than not. You should know, being an audiophile and all.

There are people with crappy systems doing whiskey swirling in their expensive sofa and Armani suit thinking they get good enough sound. Those are also the people who sit in skyscrapers and look down on the ones who are digging in the dirt trying to find the truth. The skyscraper guy thinks he knows everything because he's at the top of the world so he starts laughing at everyone.

Quote:

Sorry about using such a rude adjective. I just hate blatant displays of unfairness and injustice, like the one that is happening here. A bunch of virtual bullies! Amazing.
biggrin.gif

Incredible. For as long as I can remember, Patrick82 has replied politely even to those that directly attack him. Now you are trying to tell me he deserves all of this because of his bad behaviour?

I didn't even realize I was attacked, I have been through much worse like harassment, death threats, stalking etc. I have learned how to avoid it so it doesn't happen again. I don't mind a little bit of sissy attacking because I accept all possibilities. It makes the attacker get rid of anger that has been built up from realizing their own ignorance.
Truth always wins in the end.

Dec 12, 2006 at 3:25 AM Post #107 of 309
Quote:

Maybe there is a reason why people visit this site instead of others?
This thread is quite the opposite to the classic Head-Fi spirit, if there still is such a thing.
I wouldn't mind seeing this thread closed and removed.

I thought it was going to be a celebration of the most out-there stuff that this member has written, but it seems to have become a mocking contest. Many of the people who have written in this thread don't have even a fraction of Patrick82's sharpness or courage. Most of them are also too dumb to realize the massive display of sarcasm and irony that is evident in his posts and videos.

I'm not saying that Patrick's stuff seems 100% problem-free to me, but precisely that should be a motivation not to mock him, instead of the contrary.

I would recommend you guys to take a look at Patrick82's birthday thread, to see what some of the true heavy weights of this forum think of him.

Exactly how I feel. Since when did it become publicly cool to make fun of forum members? I'm suddenly ashamed to be on head-fi.

Lynch mob mentality at it's best
frown.gif

Dec 12, 2006 at 4:03 AM Post #109 of 309
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1967cutlass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome to the internet

Thanks!

Quote:

Sometimes I think head-fi-ers forget how tame this forum actually is. If this thread offends you, then you should seriously be careful about other sites you visit.

It may not be true, but I think many head-fi'ers enjoy this forum because it is civil, unlike many boards one may encounter. For me, it is refreshing at least.

But, I'm wrong. Febs is right IMO. I think Patrick digs this stuff.

Keep rockin' Mr. 82! Count me as a fan.

Dec 12, 2006 at 5:44 AM Post #110 of 309
I don't think this thread is negative at all or an attack at Patrick. If anything, it is the opposite. Patrick has an interesting (often humorous) use of language and his expressions to describe his system and various tweaks are pretty original. People through this thread are just pointing that out. I see it as a tribute to a valued and known member of the forum. Nothing else.

I have never owned a Valhalla power cord, but I sure do love reading about it.
3000smile.gif

Dec 12, 2006 at 6:17 AM Post #111 of 309
orphsmile.gif
wow he sure got his fair share of fans. amazing!

Dec 12, 2006 at 6:18 AM Post #112 of 309
There is I suppose an element of mockery in this thread, but I believe in every case it is mixed with a great amount of awe and even admiration. As Patrick says, he "tweaks extreme". He even tweaks his brain extreme. The results may be ****ed up, but they're always impressive in one way or another.

P.S. Great sig, vcoheda!

Dec 12, 2006 at 11:02 AM Post #113 of 309
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
However, what you're saying is that we shouldn't mock him because he isn't serious anyways? Isn't that all the more reason to mock his posts and character? I truly don't mean this as an attack (!) but as a true question to your statement. As hard as I try I don't get your point.

I meant it as a classic case of laughing with him, instead of laughing at him.

In any case, this thread has already taken a turn into something more interesting. This last page has been more like what I was expecting at the beginning - a celebration of extreme tweaking and extreme personalities.
k1000smile.gif

Dec 12, 2006 at 11:15 AM Post #114 of 309
Gotta chime in here, Patrick is one of the most Entertaining members of any forum Iv'e seen.

A lot of what we find funny about his posts are just down to imperfect grammer / word choices, but a lot more is due to the fact that Patrick is a comic genius, whether he knows it or not. His brain doesn't work like most peoples, I can't judge better or worse, but different and thats why this thread is here!

I respect him for living extreme, anyone that is truly great at anything is "extreme" about it. That takes commitment, and I appreciate that.

I think almost everyone here sees this thread as more of a celebration than a mockery. He's given me many, many great chuckles.

Kudos to you Patrick!

Dec 12, 2006 at 11:55 AM Post #115 of 309
"Everyone has limited knowledge which means that everyone's Truth will be different, but that doesn't make them more wrong than someone else. If a person says someone else is wrong he is wrong himself because he doesn't know that the knowledge of the other person is the Truth for him. But in the end, he isn't wrong anyway because the limited knowledge made him act that way."

Awesome! Same principle I have... Basically answers all the comments made on this thread

Dec 12, 2006 at 12:37 PM Post #117 of 309
IMO Patrick is a cool guy. He's learned English from movies, so he doesn't speak it as properly as most who have it as a first language... whatever, I think he's doing friggin great from picking up English from movies.

I think Pat's a smart guy, and I agree that he's a comic genius, albeit oftentimes an unintentional one. But he's cool in my book. (says the guy with 40-odd posts)

I also agree with Marados. Keep it extreme!
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I brake my bike I almost fall over steer

I want to sig this...

Dec 12, 2006 at 1:54 PM Post #118 of 309
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I spent all my life savings on Valhalla cables. Now I'm running on fasting "fumes" to afford the next tweak.

You dont need to starve yourself Patrick, just use brilliant organic pebbles.

organicbrilliantpebbles.jpg

Dec 12, 2006 at 5:43 PM Post #119 of 309
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Everyone has limited knowledge which means that everyone's Truth will be different, but that doesn't make them more wrong than someone else. If a person says someone else is wrong he is wrong himself because he doesn't know that the knowledge of the other person is the Truth for him. But in the end, he isn't wrong anyway because the limited knowledge made him act that way."

Awesome! Same principle I have... Basically answers all the comments made on this thread

You sure you share the same principle?

A says 2+2 = 4.
B says 2+2 = 3.
A says B is wrong.
A is wrong to say B is wrong b/c he doesn't know what knowledge makes B think 2+2 = 3 is the truth.
But in the end, A isn't wrong b/c his limited knowledge made him think B is wrong.

I do get the spirit of what Patrick is trying to say, but if you are going to pick a quote to live by, at least pick one that has some logical coherence.

Dec 12, 2006 at 5:48 PM Post #120 of 309
Anyone want to start a fund to get Patrick to the National Meet? I'll give him free accomodations as long as he promises not to create a fire hazard in my rooms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back