Family gripes
Mar 24, 2007 at 12:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Prozakk

Banned
I have a $15,000 Home theater, but the family gripes when I wanna crank it up.

I plan on transferring my music collection to a soon to own 80GB iPod, with UE Super.fi 10. But I wanna feel the bass. I can get tactile transducers and attach them to my recliner, along with a cheap stereo receiver. But will a y adapter on the iPod output provide enough signal for the IEM's and preamp voltage to the receiver?

Mar 24, 2007 at 1:02 AM Post #3 of 17
I have a SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub- 1000w cont. 3000w peak. Seperate amps for rest of speakers. The HT is perfect, but the bitching is too much. And child support is too costly. I wanna jam and not disturb others in the house.
basshead.gif

Mar 24, 2007 at 1:08 AM Post #4 of 17
you could go all out with soundproofing the room though that might cost a hefty amount

Mar 24, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prozakk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I planned on staying in this house forever, I would.

Similar situation only with pets. Invest in a hi-fi headphone rig. If you are going to rip all your music to mp3, may as well set one up.
very_evil_smiley.gif

To answer your question about the out of the ipod headphone jack, strength should be fine using a splitter. $5 rat shack cable to experiment. You will have issues with volume control. Suggest a dock cable. This gives you a line out (cleaner signal from DAC- no hp amp cir.) that you can take to the receiver. Use your headphones in the ipod jack or use your receiver headphone jack.

Mar 24, 2007 at 1:49 AM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Similar situation only with pets. Invest in a hi-fi headphone rig. If you are going to rip all your music to mp3, may as well set one up.
very_evil_smiley.gif

To answer your question about the out of the ipod headphone jack, strength should be fine using a splitter. $5 rat shack cable to experiment. You will have issues with volume control. Suggest a dock cable. This gives you a line out (cleaner signal from DAC- no hp amp cir.) that you can take to the receiver. Use your headphones in the ipod jack or use your receiver headphone jack.

What I figured I'd do was buy a headphone jack splitter, then a headphone to stereo rca jack adapeter to got to an input on a stereo receiver to control the level of output with the tactile transducers.

I'm just wondering if I'll need to boost the output signal going to the receiver.

Mar 24, 2007 at 2:01 AM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

What I figured I'd do was buy a headphone jack splitter, then a headphone to stereo rca jack adapeter to got to an input on a stereo receiver to control the level of output with the tactile transducers.

I'm just wondering if I'll need to boost the output signal going to the receiver.

Your ipod volume should be enough. Your blue cables (rca) need to be male instead of female.

Mar 26, 2007 at 2:10 PM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

I have a $15,000 Home theater, but the family gripes when I wanna crank it up.

Send them off to see a movie
wink.gif

Mar 26, 2007 at 2:37 PM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inzane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Crank it up until you cant hear them screaming!
very_evil_smiley.gif

That's what I do whenever my car makes a new noise
icon10.gif

The very problem that you are stating is probably half the reason why Head-Fi is in existence (I said half).

I get a small one hour window each day to let 'er rip before picking up the kids and the wife gets home from work. They don't complain really, because I am the King of the household...it's their noise that interferes with my listening and viewing sessions.

Mar 27, 2007 at 6:49 AM Post #15 of 17
Upgrade your family.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back